FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-05 3:39 pm   Permalink

ALoha boys, I'm gettin' one for me and one special one for Mrs. 8FT. And one of these days I'll post pics of my Benzart because it's getting close to being finished!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-05 4:16 pm   Permalink

Here are some more of the early photos from the seminar weekend.

Here's the carvers supply store which saw a lot of us visit over the 3 days.

Benzart checks out the supplies while all of us browse. Note BK in the coonskin cap!

Al spending his allowance while Tiki Lee's and Diablo check out the official Nawger Nob t-shirts. Yee haw.

Next stop just down the road a piece. This is where we got the wood for the group project and the masks plus the coon mascot.

The humble proprietor. A very experienced carver and a real nice guy. Showed us all around the place and answered a bunch of questions. I think he would be a neat guy to hang with if you lived near there. Dig that club he made.

SO much wood, so little time! This guy has all the right toys to move the BIG MOTHER logs too!

"Yeah that's a log alright." "yep" "yep" "yep" "yep"

Here's some of his work.

He has done lots of animals and unique pieces. Check out the alligator.

Al finds another "throne" of contemplation! Note the naked lady beer can holders. Yee Haw!

Well, I hope you enjoyed the trip. I will add one more round later so you can see the boys getting started with the projects. Aloha, 8FT

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-06 07:11 am   Permalink

Great pictures! Great captions, too! Al looks very much at home with the naked lady beer can holders.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-08 10:02 am   Permalink

nice' 8ft....... The White-trash in-ma is hard to hide.....

as soon as i get a chance to get all the orders for the benz-al-ies together and packed, i'll get them out to yuz-all.......

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-15 2:54 pm   Permalink

Yo C'Al! I got my Benz-Al-ie over the weekend and it's awsome! Ths will come as no surprise to others I'm sure, but I'm REALLY impressed with the level of detail you were able to get out of these casts! Are these pretty much "as-cast" or did you have to go in and clean 'em up some? Very cool! Of course, I had to photograph mine.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-15 4:29 pm   Permalink

Well friends, here is the last bunch of Seminar photos I had.
After returning from the wood lot I took a few shots from the upper deck at the lodge looking down upon the work getting started.

Here BK begins to mark lines on the big group project log.

Al selects a log and starts the chainsaw. This log was turned into the mascot "coon&tiki" which you have seen in previous posts. Awesome to watch this evolve. Al, I really was impressed by watching you create this wonderful carving!!!

At this point, noboby but Al knew just what he was making.
Most figured it was a bear.

Here Al has a basic animal shape and BK and Diablo are diggin' into the group log while Jungle Jim and Tony look on.

Here Tiki Diablo gets Tiki Lee's started on a very important part of the carving. On the right you see Benzart greeting Congatiki who has just arrived on his motorcycle.

Here is one the few photos which captured the lovely Ms. Swanky. She is laughing at the antics of Kapu Kahiki along with Tikiskip and Doubravsky. The other guy is a local TC member and his TC name is a number which I forgot. Sorry.

This group really got along well right from the start. I wonder if the "refreshments" had anything to do with that?

Here Swanky has the floor as he welcomes everyone and has each attendee introduce themselves.

Saturday morning: Everyone has selected their Benzart piece for the first class exercise. The hook knives are flyin' but very little blood flowed!

Well, that is the last of the photos I had saved from the early moments of the Coontiki Seminar. Hope they bring back good memories for you if you were there and inspired you to attend the next one if you didn't make the innaugural event.
Thanks for looking, 8FT Tiki

tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-15 5:08 pm   Permalink

Nice shots 8FT - thanks for posting them.

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-15 8:50 pm   Permalink

always enjoy looking at pics of coontiki...makes me feel happy......thanks for posting 8 foot.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 09:14 am   Permalink

8Ft, thanks again for More awesome pictures. I'm sure I'm not alone in that when I look at these pictures, they take me right back to that crazy, fantastic weekend with the greatest bunch of woodcarvers ever. All these Pic's help make it the memorable event that it was. Thanks

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 09:29 am   Permalink

"Dear Lord, please bless us carvers so that we do not bleed all over the carpet."

Amen.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-01 8:42 pm   Permalink

Well, it was a year ago we were all gathered together at the lodge there in the hills of Tenn. I still think about the fun we had nearly every day. Just wanted to say hi to all the Coon-Tiki '06 alumni. Carve on brothers!!!!

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-02 06:56 am   Permalink

Indeed. April Fool's is Coon Tiki time. Very different weather here this year! Spring is early! Been in the 80s and everything is in bloom! Dogwoods, Wisteria, Azalea, tulips, Hyacinth, everything. Perfect weather.

That was some good times. Like a boy scout camp for grown up tiki carvers.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-02 5:09 pm   Permalink

when does this coon tiki seminar next come up?
age limit?

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-02 6:13 pm   Permalink

Duddy, Coon Tiki will be July 28 and 29 and as far as I know, there is no age limit. COME On Down!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-03 06:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-02 17:09, Tiki Duddy wrote:
when does this coon tiki seminar next come up?
age limit?

Upper or lower age limit? We have no limits except safety.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation