FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 9:45 pm   Permalink

Between the enthusiasm of the newer guys and the experience and skills of the older guys this is just what I need. Really. Been working 7 day weeks for weeks now. Between that & the sore elbow, my carvin' has been starvin'. Ben, you've gone above & beyond with your prep work. I will be so proud to own a half Benz, half me carving. BK, really looking forward to your weaponry lessons - totally uncharted territory for this carver. Danny, it will be great to spend some some quality time carving with you. And especially BIG BIG THANKS to Swanky who has REALLY put it all on the table making this thing happen, MAHALO from all of us!!! I am so ready for this. One week to go!

For everyone else attending vicariously, I'm sure we will all be working the cameras overtime to post lots of photos of the event, the beautiful Tennessee countryside, and the great times I know we are all gonna have.

Cheers!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachnik
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-24 9:47 pm   Permalink

Tennessee is the place to be! I am so bummed that I will be stuck on the west coast when all the wood chips will be flyin. You guys are like rock stars and should go on tour out west to carve some palm trees in Venice!

The dvd/booklet of the weekend is something I am definitely interested in. Take lots of pix too.

Thanks,
Beachnik

View Profile of Beachnik Send a personal message to Beachnik  Email Beachnik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 11:23 pm   Permalink

Should be..it's a pretty comprehensive store with almost everything. I'm sure I won't walk out of there without spending a few buck either!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 08:42 am   Permalink

You can check the store on line HERE ' But I didn't see spokeshaves anywhere. They do have the Foredom knives and kits.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-25 08:59 am   Permalink

Excellent! Looks like a cool store! I can't wait to see it. I wonder if Swanky got them to stay open all night for us...I can see going over there after each day's carving, (purchasing new and upgrading old tools), after we see what Ben, BK and Danny are using!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 10:38 am   Permalink

Ok, just got back from my final trip to Vegaas on the job I was doing there. Let's see what I have in store for y'all. details on on Mon.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-03-25 10:39 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 5:56 pm   Permalink

Hey Danny, When are you flying in to Tenn.? You and BK can start on your benzarts early because it will probably take you guys longer than the other guys ..HoHo
Can't wait to see you guys and Everybody. This is really gonna be great. Hell, I Think you know that guy thechikitiki who bought my First carving when I started back, back in Jan or Feb of 2004, what happened to that guy?? OH Yeaah, he turned into Tiki Diablo,,COOL. Later dudes.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 7:53 pm   Permalink

OMG Ben!!!

You are the Archetype Tiki Machine.

Many bows

Mahalo

Have a Big Fat Mai Tai !!!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 07:41 am   Permalink

Ohana reunion? That's what I see. We've had a few family reunions and gatherings at the cabin. There were 10 of us around the table last month. Now it will be my other family. I have not met most of you guys (to my knowledge. I have a horrible memory.). But everyone of the ohana I have met in the last few years has been great.

Smoky Mnt. Woodcarvers can get anything, but they don't carry everything you see on their website. Drop them an email and let them know if there is something you want. They have a good selection of power tools. Burrs, and stuff. They have more of the details, small chisels, palm tools than they do mallet stuff. They have more projects than anything, which may not interest you guys. They sell a lot of rough outs of small projects. But notice, they will sharpen your tools for you for free! I need that.

This is the week of craziness for us. I have extensive lists of things to do and groceries to buy, however, I have not found when I am going to be able to buy groceries! Oh, and I have to clean all the tiki goodies out of that little honey hole antique mall on the way to the cabin before BK swoops down...

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 09:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-25 08:59, tikigap wrote:
Excellent! Looks like a cool store! I can't wait to see it. I wonder if Swanky got them to stay open all night for us...I can see going over there after each day's carving, (purchasing new and upgrading old tools), after we see what Ben, BK and Danny are using!

Maybe we'll have to take our lunch break at the woodcarver's store! I wouldn't mind getting one of those Kevlar gloves!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 10:30 am   Permalink

Ben, I still have the #1 in it's box behind LOCK AND KEY!. I fly in on thurs at 3pm. I think this is just what the doctor ordered.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 12:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i] Oh, and I have to clean all the tiki goodies out of that little honey hole antique mall on the way to the cabin before BK swoops down...

What...nothing to sink my fangs into?...

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 5:28 pm   Permalink

Benzart- That is so awe inspiring! I'm depressed I won't be there. The more I read about it, I think I made a mistake in not signing up.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 6:42 pm   Permalink

It'sOK Johnny, you just have to make sure and sign up for the next one. Yes I really think there will be a Next one before too long. It all depends on how this one turns out and by the look of things so far I think it will be Fantastic.

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 7:03 pm   Permalink

OK Ben, Now that we have seen the half tikis you have ready for us, I'm wondering how we are going to decide which one is whos. Are we going to have to arm wrestle, be the highest bidder or is it first come first choose??? Perhaps you will present them to us individually. I am visualizing a Harry Potter sorting hat ceremony with tikis! I just hope this prep hasn't worn you out for the weekend coming up!!!
Can't wait to meet you finally as well as the others. This has been a long winter but having the Coon-tiki seminar to look forward to has been great. I will be headed to TN in a matter of hours now. WOO HOOO or is that YEE HAW ??

COOK-TIKI OR BUST Y'ALL !!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation