FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-27 06:57 am   Permalink

8Ft, I think I will just have a grab bag, or box. Just close your eyes and grab one out of the box. Now if you really want the one thet someone else has I don't care if you want to trade, barter, blackmail or use whatever it takes to get the one you want. They are all fairly basic so one is as good as the next, but I'm sure there are already favorites picked. Good Luck.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-27 08:50 am   Permalink

Yep, I have picked my favorite(s)...

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-27 12:52 pm   Permalink

Hey I aint picky! All are my favorites! I take any (and all!) that the rest of you cats dont want!

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-03-27 12:52 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-27 1:08 pm   Permalink

I wish all you attending the Coon Tiki best of luck, fun and learning. For those of you traveling, please take care and get there safe. Have fun, fun, fun. I am living vicariously through you guys. We look forward to the stories and take tons of pics. Aloha.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-27 1:25 pm   Permalink

I'll add a note in the Tiki Bar Cam thread Thursday, but, for those keeping up with it here, we'll all be in the Hideaway on Thursday night and I'll turn the computer on to share. I don't like to since it makes a lot of noise in the lounge, but, hey, how often do you get Benzart, BK, Pablus, Crazy Al, 8 FT Tiki, TNTiki and Tiki Diablo in your home bar? For me, never! Link is at the top of the page: www.swankpad.org

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-27 6:51 pm   Permalink

I'm not typically the jealous type, but damn... that's going to be one heck-of-a-time. Don't let us down guys. We'll be wanting stories.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-27 11:44 pm   Permalink

Dang!
As a complete novice and having never carved anything except a bar of soap in the 4th grade, I am SO intimidated right now you guys! Seems like you all know stuff all ready, and Mr. Greenhorn here all by himself in Vegas is shakin' in his boots! I'm gonna look like a total no-talent moron compared to all you guys, so go easy on me, will ya?

See ya Friday!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-28 07:01 am   Permalink

TikiLee, you will have it the Easiest of all. Everyone else that Has carving experience is Expected to do well and you have no such expectations. Whatever you do will be 100% better than you have ever done so far that it will be great. Besides, my lesson should be easy and I will help you make it as good as possible. We gotcher back. So come on out and Have Fun!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-28 08:02 am   Permalink

I'm a total novice to teaching anything, so the playing field (trust me!) is level, my braddah! Anything learned during the day will be re-learned chemically via the magic cocktail shaker in the evening.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-28 09:19 am   Permalink

I finished the Coon Tiki necklace for those attending this event. I will be doing a hawaiian pop mask or a Tanga mask. The Tang mask will be easier to carve up for all instead of the marq . For me, any chisels you guys bring will do. We'll make them work .

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-03-29 11:13 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zingarakat

Posted: 2006-03-29 10:22 am   Permalink

somebody please help me....!!!!i am lost and am thinking that all you swell carvers out there can help a gal out!!!i have 5 logs i got from a tree guy and thought i would just whip up some tikis...its on my "to-do before i die" list, but now that they are in my back yard i dont know where to start...im a little thing and cant even move them, but im good with leverage....lol. i am thinking i cant really work with a chain saw, too big and wonky, dont want to lose a limb!!!! so any place i can go to get info? ive been searching the web and havent found anything real helpful....i am an artist so i can handle the craving part, but i would rather not go thru the trial and error of learning on my own...cool? any info would be sooooooo amazing! thanks yall!

View Profile of zingarakat Send a personal message to zingarakat  Email zingarakat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-29 10:36 am   Permalink

start here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1605&forum=7&662

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-29 10:44 am   Permalink

Just dropped Ben off at the cabin and got to see those pieces he is working on. Man. They are somethin' else! You wear one of those and you make a bold statement!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-29 3:51 pm   Permalink

Benz,BK and Tiki-D,
All y'all have lotza fun in dem dare Smokies now, y'hear! Pack extree hatch'its, lotza pix-n-chizlez an a kleen pair'a John's...it' cold in dem dare hills! Swanky get out dat jug'O da goood stuff (medizanal strenth) and place da corn cob'z near the winders out back so ta getza kleen shot at the varmits for yer tastee 'vittles sueprize' fer supper!

Whittle till ya can't see straight boyz!!! ...and remember, "If a tall tiki falls in the silent forest...and falls upon a coon 'chipping' in the woods...will anyone hear it?"

flippity-flipflopping-flippp...TravelingJones

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-29 4:26 pm   Permalink

Kat,

I live locally and can help you carve some tikis. PM me and we can discuss. If you want, I can do the heavy chainsaw rough outs and you can do all the finish carving. Could be fun!

Head over and check out my thread in reverse order.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation