FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 12:15 am   Permalink

BK..over and out and Coontiki bound...

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zingarakat

Posted: 2006-03-30 05:34 am   Permalink

hey thanks gman!!! im more of an old fashion gal and do not know what pming means...im just so behind the times...lol!!!! i checked out your site and am impressed! great stuff! ill email ya there, so look for me! thanks a ton!!! ive been warned that those logs are going to be my grave stone!!! haha!

View Profile of zingarakat Send a personal message to zingarakat  Email zingarakat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 3:55 pm   Permalink

Kat,

Just hit the personal message button at the bottom of one of our messages and you can contact us privately through this forum. It's kinda like email, only different.

or go here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15632&forum=7&start=630&651

-Gman

"The saw is family"

[ This Message was edited by: GMAN 2006-03-30 15:56 ]

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MsSwanky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-01 08:20 am   Permalink

Well the event officially kicks off today! So far this has been an amazing experience! Wednesday night Benzart gave Swanky and I some private instruction. I think I'm hooked on carving now, and so very proud to own half a Benzart! Thursday I got to do lunch with Benzart & Crazy Al while giving them a brief tour of Knoxville and then we hit some antique stores. Thursday night more of the crew came in to town and we all went to dinner... Crazy Al & Basement Kahuna did Karaoke, that was great! By Friday about half the bunch was here so we spent the day at Nawger Nob(the woodcarver's shop) and everybody walked away with some new goodies. We also got to check out a local guy carving driftwood and we spent some time with Captain Dave checking out his collection of wood and his carvings. BK & Tiki Diablo picked up a large, about 6 foot, wood piece - in about 4 hours time they had the thing nearly finished and it looks great! Just amazing! It has been quite a thrill to have the honor of hosting all of these people and to watch them in action! The classs began this morning at 9am - sadly I have to work and can't get back 'till after all the teaching is over, but I have already learned so much just by working with Ben and observing BK & Diablo at work! Everyone is learning already, Benzart has even been giving the pros some tips on tool sharpening. I fully expect to see some really fantastic work come out of this event. We are all taking lots of photos and I'll try to get some posted asap.

View Profile of MsSwanky Send a personal message to MsSwanky      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-01 09:17 am   Permalink

PICS PICS PICS!!!

Glad you're having fun.
Sounds like a great event.

Wish I was up thar.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-01 11:49 am   Permalink

sooo jealous.....can't wait to see pics and grab one of the vids!!!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-02 9:51 pm   Permalink

Dude.... just got back. It was SUCH a PARTY!!!!

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 06:29 am   Permalink

Wow. A few days seemed like weeks. Then the time changed and whacked us all in the knees. But everyone had a great time and we all learned a lot. The Coon Tiki slide will soon find it's way onto the internet, and you will all know, you missed a time! Aaron caem away with the gold medal, but we believe he may have been juicing.

Thanks Ben!
Thanks Danny!
Thanks BK!
Thanks Al!

And big thanks for everyone who came to Tennessee and made this happen. It was a fun (though tiring) weekend. Next time, no snoring allowed.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-03 06:53 am   Permalink

Had a great time! Thanks to all that made this happen.

Crazy Al

Tikigap,Swanky,TikiTOny

Pez

TikiTOny,Doubravsky,Guy that made Mai Tais???

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2006-04-03 11:25 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 07:35 am   Permalink

Nice pictures skip! Who carved that last one? He sure has a pretty big pecker for a little guy!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 07:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-03 07:35, Jeff Central wrote:
Nice pictures skip! Who carved that last one? He sure has a pretty big pecker for a little guy!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

That's one BK brought with him and ended up leaving it here in TN. He's a lot bigger than he appears in pictures. About 3 and half feet tall and 18 inches across or more.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 07:49 am   Permalink

Swanky and Al...

BK with weapons blanks

[ This Message was edited by: doubravsky 2006-04-03 11:36 ]

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 08:13 am   Permalink

Aw man that looked like fun. Great pics guys, keep em comin'

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 08:56 am   Permalink

haha! lee has a thumb guard. what a wuss!

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 10:44 am   Permalink

So, who is who?

Thanks! Will the real AA and Conga stand up and be noticed?

-G

[ This Message was edited by: Gman 2006-04-03 14:24 ]

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation