FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Who will go to Hukilau 2006? I will!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Who will go to Hukilau 2006? I will!
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-31 06:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-30 15:06, thejab wrote:
Here's my little road trip plan. I'm flying into Tampa Bay on September 30th to visit Pablus and the holy grail of steakhouses, Bern's of Tampa.

You couldn't start your Hukilau trip any better than a bit of time with Pablus and the Amber Love Goddess in their Lagoon Lounge. Makes me want to go there first myself...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-31 06:51 am   Permalink

Quote:
I have an entire tray of Korla Pandit slides from his estate!!!!!!!!!

These have never been seen by anyone outside his immediate family I presume. This could be fun to watch eh?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Yes! I had to look up who he was
HERE. Let the mysteries of his slide tray be revealed!

I'll bring an empty tray along for any other images that may show up.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-31 07:16 am   Permalink

I'm making reservations tomorrow with a long time friend who is one of the top waiters at Bern's.
(My brother in law used to be one of the top dogs there years ago.)

If anyone would like to join us - you'd better PM me now.
Otherwise it will be thejab, myself and Anela Linei.

As an interesting sidenote with ties to Hukilau...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=5542&forum=1&hilite=Mai%20Kai%20vibes

This wine collection was purchased as a part of a larger lot that started the famous collection of Bern Laxler, the founder of Berns Steakhouse. He and Jim Walter split the wines and Bern started Berns with his half. Berns' collection is the largest collection in the world (that is available to see and purchase).

So, last week, I drove with Palm Farmer Johnny to the Mai Kai to do some music with King Kukulele during the pre-Hukilau press party and Johnny brought a bottle of 1959 from the same collection that had the Mai Kai label on it. That guy always has something up his sleeve. He got so buzzed on the house red that we never opened it, so it sits upon Kern's desk waiting for us to open along with KokaNut's Mai Kai bottle of '63 that he left there 2 years ago.

As a further aside, KK and I were swimming around in the ultra calm Atlantic the next morning and suddenly the King laughs nervously and says "uhhh... a whale...." I looked and about 14 inches from my leg was a giant black shape moving through the water slowly. It was 12 feet long at least. As we backed toward the shore I saw the paddle-like tail and realized that this was 3 Manatees coming over to say hello. Fun stuff.

I told the Manatees about Hukilau and the mom said the kids were too young and then she bit King Kukulele in half.
We sewed him up with uke strings and got him to his plane on time.

More next time on TALES OF THE HUKILAU!!!!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-01 5:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-30 15:06, thejab wrote:
to do a little research on the local bikini fashions

Huuummmmm. I always preferred the "fashions" of Haulover Beach, but I don't think you will see much bikini action there.

Swank - I really NEED to make it to the INN this year. Let's make a date for that side trip.

And I am looking forward to seeing you too, Formica!

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-01 6:13 pm   Permalink

I found this funny from the first Hukilau. That is me riding on Crazy Al's back.

Note the Bamboo Ben sticker carefully positioned along Al's rear.

As the MasterCard folks say . . . . . priceless.

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-04 9:59 pm   Permalink

We're going! First time to the Mai Kai. I'm not sure how it happened, but we ended up with a large group coming, at least for the Mai Kai part. Even a couple relatives from Denmark will be there.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-04 10:03 pm   Permalink

Randy, that's fantastic! There's going to be quite a cast of characters at this year's Hukilau.

tikibob, it will be so great to see you again! We were at Walt Disney World a few weeks ago, and I thought of you and our trip there together many times.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 2:30 pm   Permalink

Roommate question:

Anyone need a bed/a roommate at the Cabana for Sunday night?

Get the wisecracks outta yer system before answering, naughty boys.

My roomie, who is leaving Sunday, will therefore not be staying there that night, and I'd just as soon share a room than not. (That's $50 more bucks for merch and Mai Kai cocktails!).

If you are in the same position (and preferably if you're not a complete stranger to me), let me know via PM. I can move my stuff to your room or you and yours to mine. (Since I'll have a HELLuvalotta crap, I'd prefer the latter, natch!)

We'd need to let the hotel know ASAP so as to free up the room for others and not to be charged for that night.

F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-11 4:07 pm   Permalink

I have an extra room at the Bahia Cabana with one King bed for Thursday through Sunday night if anyone needs one. Let me know if you want it and I'll call the hotel and cancel my reservation. It's a non-smoking room (or so they say).

I'm sharing Unga Bunga's room so I no longer need mine.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 9:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2006-09-11 16:07, thejab wrote:[/i

This should be interesting!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 3:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-11 21:35, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

[i]On 2006-09-11 16:07, thejab wrote:[/i

This should be interesting!!!

Don't worry Ben, you're involved too.
But if you want to stick a Bamboo Ben sticker on my ass, it's gonna cost you extra.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-23 10:37 am   Permalink

Jab,

Sent you a PM

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 10:01 am   Permalink

Well, rumor has it that a couple of old friends might be joining us for the festivities (especially associated with the APE performance).

I won't say much but will post these pictures:

Overheard by one of the above, "The last time we 'got together' I got SUCH a headache!"

Ooooooooooooooooooooo. I know someone will be very excited.

TB

[ This Message was edited by: tikibob 2006-09-27 10:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikibob 2006-09-27 10:06 ]

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 8:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-27 10:01, tikibob wrote:
Well, rumor has it that a couple of old friends might be joining us for the festivities (especially associated with the APE performance).

I won't say much but will post these pictures:

Overheard by one of the above, "The last time we 'got together' I got SUCH a headache!"

Ooooooooooooooooooooo. I know someone will be very excited.

TB

[ This Message was edited by: tikibob 2006-09-27 10:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikibob 2006-09-27 10:06 ]

TB!!!

Do you do "Off Site"

Eyeball exams??

We'll bring the rum...................

You bring the tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrrrrr!!rrrrrrrrr!!rrrrrrr!!

MAI KAI 50th!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stoked

Posted: 2006-09-28 6:51 pm   Permalink

I don't mean to cut in on this conversation but there are only 7 days left to go!!!

View Profile of stoked Send a personal message to stoked      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation