FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Who will go to Hukilau 2006? I will!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Who will go to Hukilau 2006? I will!
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 12:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-13 09:54, Chip and Andy wrote:
if you need anyone for 'quality control' for the bar, we will gladly sacrifice our livers to the task!

Good!

...because after my adventure on the Wednesday prior to Hukilau - sampling the bartender's evolving experimental versions of 10 mai tais, 10 zombies, 10 singapore slings, and 10 blue hawaiians (well, just a sip of each - but it adds up) and then going to your house for more, and THEN going to Mai Kai - I am not sure I can repeat the feat in 2006!

Hope you all got hip to get your drinks from the bartenders named Addy and Bryant - they were the two with the clue!

I am going to maention to the bar manager to try to get those two back on the event next year.

Oh, yeah, and by the way -

COUNT ME IN for 2006!

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2005-10-13 12:16 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 12:20 pm   Permalink

I say yes count me in as of right now!
- 50 mystery drinks and dances - thats gonna cost a lot.....

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 1:01 pm   Permalink

Just booked the "Penthouse" suite on Friday night for another Bunga party!
Stephanie promised me the Hungarian psycho painting will be there.

Photo compliments/stolen of KuKuAhu

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 2:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-13 10:53, Johnny Dollar wrote:
hey formikahini, you're "curvy"

http://www.newtimesbpb.com/Issues/2005-10-13/music/music.html

Wow, J$, thanks for the tip on the article!

I just wrote him to thank him for NOT titling it "Tacky Tiki"!!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-13 10:23, Formikahini wrote:
Maybe I'll enjoy myself a bit this next time.

Is this somehow converse to the rest of us "enjoying" you this time?

...no matter how many ways I type this sentence it ALWAYS sounds a bit, well... odd!?!

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 3:30 pm   Permalink

I've inked it in my calendar.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 3:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-13 15:30, Raffertiki wrote:
I've inked it in my calendar.

I don't have a calendar yet, so Ispray painted the dates on the wall on the building facing my work AND scratched it into the paint on some neighbors car I always see.

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 3:50 pm   Permalink

read my lips "I will NOT be renting A RENT-A-WRECK next year!! Dizzguzzting. A total RAZZ!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-13 4:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-13 15:50, mrsmiley wrote:
read my lips "I will NOT be renting A RENT-A-WRECK next year!! Dizzguzzting. A total RAZZ!

Let me book it next year. I got a Saturn Vue from National for $32/day with one free day, so I only had to pay $24/day! It's a great car - much better then the Malibu I drove from Nashville. I'm an Emerald Club member so I choose whatever car I want from the Emerald Aisle. It's usually $50 to join but right now you can join for free. Also, right now you get a free day for every 2 rentals. And you can stack discounts (like a coupon plus a AAA or Emerald Club discount).
www.nationalcar.com

I often use this excellent site to find good car deals:

www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html

It's geared towards Disneyland visitors but the info is useful for general car renting as well. I've found links to online coupons (like the free weekend day VISA promotion I used in Fort Lauderdale) through this website.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 5:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-13 16:47, thejab wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-10-13 15:50, mrsmiley wrote:

Let me book it next year. I'm an Emerald Club member so I choose whatever car I want from the Emerald Aisle.

SO...let me get this right...you picked YOUR car from the Emerald Aisle??? I think mine came from the Hershey Highway!!! Seriously folks, it was pretty nasty!

Last year , I rented "The EGG" a little white Geo for $11 a day from Sunshine? Rent-a-Car and it was fine.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2005-10-13 17:20 ]

Neptune Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 7:54 pm   Permalink

Sven.....we missed you this year. You missed a great party, sorry to rub it in.

Neptune and I will be attending Hukilau 2006. I am sick about the fact that we have to miss the Mai Kai's 50th on Saturday night due to Neptune having to fly to a meeting in Arizona on Sunday. With any luck......his meeting will get cancelled (I doubt it though.....) We had to bail at 5am this year due to a meeting. As we were leaving to head up north .......some people were just getting in....why do his meetings begin on a Sunday? That is just not right..... We are going to a Hukilau....a Hukilau....a Hukilau........

[ This Message was edited by: Neptune Wahine 2005-10-16 09:07 ]

View Profile of Neptune Wahine Send a personal message to Neptune Wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 8:32 pm   Permalink

Tiki Kiliki + Mai Kai = Magic! To be honest, if I lived on the east coast I wouldn't miss ANY of Kiliki's Tiki Torch Night events, so OF COURSE it's a no-brainer to make the effort to be there when the Mai Kai asks her to plan their 50th Anniversary event!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 8:48 pm   Permalink

It's time to finally make it to Hukilau! 2006 here i come...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 9:38 pm   Permalink

Mai Kai = 50
Hukilau = 5
10xs the fun...
No brainer!
Anybody want to jet-pool?
Mahalo,
Pearly Shell
(It's no mystery, girl, it's just me!)

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Lapu Lapu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-14 12:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-13 10:53, Johnny Dollar wrote:

hey formikahini, you're "curvy"

http://www.newtimesbpb.com/Issues/2005-10-13/music/music.html

I've got to say that being referred to as "curvy" is much better than being referred to as an "aging boomer"... geeze is that what I am? And further more..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"The Hukilau horde was dominated by white 30-somethings and aging boomers -- no surprises there." - New Times

View Profile of Chief Lapu Lapu Send a personal message to Chief Lapu Lapu  Goto the website of Chief Lapu Lapu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation