FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 1:44 pm   Permalink

In homage to the institution of Wednesdays at Tiki-Ti in Los Angeles, we'd love to start spending Monday nights at the San Francisco Trader Vic's. Mondays work great, because Martiki tends bar that night, and like Wednesdays at Tiki-Ti, it's a slow night and we'll get the run of the place. Also, unlike weekend nights, we're more likely to have Mondays free on a regular basis.

So! Starting tonight, Hanford & I are going to be hanging out at the bar at Trader Vic's in San Francisco on Monday nights. I think the happy hour goes from 4-6:30, we'll probably try to catch the tail end of that, and we'll hang around until we're good & ready to go home. Might be a couple hours, might be all night, hard to say. Come on by & join us if you can!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2006-01-30 17:25 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-17 1:57 pm   Permalink

Brilliant!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 3:38 pm   Permalink

Ditto!

I think we can actually make it. Probably more like sevenish due to rush hour avoidance techniques, although on the other hand we might just leave earlier instead.

I mean, we're bored. It's been far too long since we had any fun.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 3:42 pm   Permalink

... super!...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-17 5:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-17 15:42, alohabros wrote:
... super!...

SUPER?!?!
alohabros
Tiki Socialite (283)

Alohabros, you have been posting FOR OVER A YEAR and all you can say is "super". I think you meant to say ZAZZ!!!

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-17 5:43 pm   Permalink

Hukilau two weekends ago, Hooptylau last weekend. This is going to more like Mon-daze at Trader Vic's!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-10-17 5:55 pm   Permalink

It looks like I won't make it tonight. I am getting behind at work and need to get caught up. I should have gone to work on the weekend but I missed the bus.

Next week for sure.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-18 12:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone for coming out last night!

good times....

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-18 12:26 pm   Permalink

it wuz zazz!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 12:47 pm   Permalink

Not only was it zazz, it was easy! Traffic from the South Bay was a breeze, and there was parking available on the street (though we didn't notice until after we'd handed the car over to the valet -- dangit!). Turns out the happy hour goes from 3:30-6, and we got there just as happy hour was ending. Thankfully, the not-very-relaxing modern latin jazz (it's not bad music, it just isn't very conducive to the sort of no-contact-massage experience walking into a good tiki bar can be) was quickly swapped out for some much more suitable Mai Kai Gents. The cocktails were truly top-notch -- Trader Vic's generally has fairly reliable quality, but Martin somehow manages to still go one better and make these cocktails perfectly. It's clear that he's really enjoying his time behind the bar at Trader Vic's -- every other group at the bar got the same care and consideration from Martin that we did. And, of course, the company was fab -- thanks for coming out, mrsmiley, tikivixen & Bill! Mig & his better half tried to join us, but got hung up at work -- they'll join us next week, hopefully. We left just as the second happy hour was starting, at 10 -- perhaps in the future we'll manage to hit both happy hours!

See you next Monday!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 1:40 pm   Permalink

Martiki,
Do you take job apply for bartenders in your place ? I'm so jealous about all of you having a tiki bar (and not a lousy one) where you can go every week...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-18 1:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-18 13:40, virani wrote:
Martiki,
Do you take job applications for bartenders in your place ? I'm so jealous about all of you having a tiki bar (and not a lousy one) where you can go every week...

I told Martiki that ALL the Vic's need to hire qualified TC folks to staff their bars nightly - and see how their revenue will go up!!

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 5:50 pm   Permalink

As part of my new health regimen, I will be there every Monday for my therapeutic Painkiller. Thank you Martin!!! it doesn't get better than that.

Oddly, we too had perhaps the quickest and easiest trip into SF ever. And, er, we also failed to notice the ample street parking. Whoopsie. NEXT time fer shure.

All in all, a wonderfully low-key, relaxing, tasty evening. But I do vote for bridging those happy hours when we're not so Huki-hooptied out. I am impressed by the really tony swankiness of the new Vic's. I also feel faintly unworthy . I don't think I could walk in there un-dressed-up.

Hope more folks can join us next week...we'll party in the Queen Kamanawannaleiya room!! snort

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-18 5:52 pm   Permalink

When does Monday Night Football start at Vics??

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 11:52 pm   Permalink

And can we just board up the doorway of the Football Room once they're all in there?!?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation