FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 11:27 am   Permalink

I'm thirsty!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 11:45 am   Permalink

Well, I...I'll..I'll have, uh, I'll have uh Navy Grog.

Mark it zero, dude.

Dick Midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 1:40 pm   Permalink

I'm powerful thirsty, but have guests in from out of town.
Can't do it tonite.
Next week?

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 3:21 pm   Permalink

I could do with a sip 'o somethin', mebbe.
Will check with the bettah half.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 4:36 pm   Permalink

I was supposed to be there tonight, but it was not to be. Hoist one for me, folks.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 5:15 pm   Permalink

irthsty-thay I-ay am-yay...oh forget it

I'M THIRSTY, DAMNIT!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 12:18 pm   Permalink

I am STILL thirsty!!

The SF Vic's was closed yesterday for President's Day! RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 12:40 pm   Permalink

Man, that was disappointing! We briefly considered heading to the bar at the Chevy's on the corner, just in case others might get the same idea, but we ultimately decided that we just didn't want to hang out at the Chevy's. Instead, we headed to Trad'r Sam's, which I don't think I'd been to outside on an event. Trad'r Sam's consistently has some great chronically drunk people, and this time was no exception -- made for some great people watching. The drinks, of course, were nothing to write home about.

So, I'm not thirsty, but I sure am hungry! I miss my Salmon Lomi Lomi! Thank goodness they'll be open again next week.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 1:10 pm   Permalink

Cool. glad I didn't miss out!
I'm in for next Monday.

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-21 1:14 pm   Permalink

I flew in from my weekend jaunt last night at 9 or so, and headed over to Shellac Shack at it's new day and time, the 3rd. Monday at the Homestead, a great old tavern that was recently restored to it's original 1902 look with tin ceiling, maroon and gold wallpaper, velvet drapes, and flickering gaslights. Then there are the 1960s nude oils hanging on the wall that look just like the ones at Albie's Beef Inn! It's pretty cozy as well because there's a wood stove in the corner. They have fresh fruit for cocktails and about a dozen beers on tap including Fuller's ESB. It truly has the atmosphere of old San Francisco.

So, now there are 2 Shellac Shacks happening: the original on the first Monday at Tony Nik's, and the 3rd. Monday at the Homestead. At both Shellac Shacks DJ Pete "Chase" Gowdy spins an all 78 RPM mix 78s of R&B, jazz, blues, rockabilly, and country and western.

Keep this in mind for post Trader Vic's Monday gatherings, which I will be attending again now that I have some new wheels!

The Homestead 2301 Folsom St. (at 19th.), San Francisco

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 1:30 pm   Permalink

This Dick is gonna try and make it next Monday. I miss Lars.

cpt. milhouse midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 1:50 pm   Permalink

Bruce and I ended up at Lincoln's Address last night. Double RAZZ!!! There are flyers everywhere anouncing their farewell bbq this weekend.

We had to be pretty careful during our conversation to not say the word "Tiki", which can be quite hard when you're hangin' with the Tiki Central posse. And of course I slipped up and blurted the word "TIKI" out quite loudly, like I had tourette's or something. But fortunately for me, no one overheard, and I didn't get my Tiki ass kicked.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 11:26 pm   Permalink

"Tiki Tourette's"...for some reason that totally cracks me up. Sorry, I'd better go soak my head...

my first (uh...) useless post,
tikivixen

p.s. See you all next Monday!!! We wimped out but I guess
that turned out to be a good idea after all...actually,
it's kind of funny that the Buttercup Kitchen in Vallejo
was open but Trader Vic's in San Frantasticcisco wasn't.
I think people in Vallejo just take their eating waaay more
seriously.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 12:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-21 12:18, mrsmiley wrote:
The SF Vic's was closed yesterday for President's Day! RAZZ!

I knew they were going to be closed, and I figured y'all knew already. My roommate and I found this out when we were there Saturday night. We also found out that Lars is EAST German -- I never knew that.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 10:27 am   Permalink

I am REALLY thirsty, dangit!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation