FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Art Auction Nov 6th!! Pizz, Bosko, TikiTony and much more!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Art Auction Nov 6th!! Pizz, Bosko, TikiTony and much more!!
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 11:55 pm   Permalink

Proceeds go to the American Stroke Association......

With Hurricanes, mud-slides, and earthquakes, and another 5- or something strength Hurricane smacking Mex and our own FLA again!...... Folks need our help... enough said.

Stroke is a world wide every day, every minute occurrence. ASA sends me info and updates as they help me train to run the Honolulu Marathon (info here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=16137&forum=4&24 ) They were able to do the first concrete study on the effect of aspirin preventing stroke after the latest hurricanes.... so many people were effected that stroke was very prevalent in these communities/survivors. The historic study supported their research that aspirin works to prevent stroke.

If your an artist and want to contribute to this event and help me raise money for stoke research give me an email! al@tikimania.com

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2005-10-28 10:39 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 12:10 am   Permalink

Give it up for an east coast chipper!!! off the 'ol block!
BK is ALL TIME!!
Quote:

On 2005-09-17 18:48, Basement Kahuna wrote:
My dad had a minor stroke at 63 year before last...came out okay, but could have been much worse. Just tell me where to send these, Al. They are from my own collection. One is a Paupuan Gulf area canoe protection spirit mask, the other is a Mindibit (upper Sepik River area) penis gourd. Both are the real deal. P.M. me with your mailing adress and I'll get them out to you.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 12:15 am   Permalink

is Ben Alive after his Tiki Va Voo Room Build-Out????
yes. [Quote]
Aloha Tiki Freaks!

Thought I'd donate a couple of things to raise some dough for C'Al's Running wit da Tiki Marathon for the Stroke Society. All proceeds go direct to C'Al's gig. Best offer wins. No reserve.

Here we go.

This Hand (re-designed) Painted over silk screen, Hand Signed to the winner, Long Sleeve cotton t-shirt size xxl, but shrunk down to a xl and used for maybe the last 3-4 years, but always washed and worn during several TIKI BAR installations, by Bamboo Ben for good Karma, very SHAG type e-bay shirt, seen in many TC photos, blah blah blah, Arrrrrrrrr!

Post your bids on this post.

p.s. I'll even throw in a pair of shorts too!!

Front..............

Back...............

p.s. Many years of TIKI KARMA ( blood, sweat and tears, trust me!) on this shirt and shorts (size 34). Do the right thing and bid away!!! It's for a great cause!!! Ely Hedley ( according to Sven and James T. ) aka Eli my Grand Father, the Original Beachcomber, died from 7 strokes. This is a great thing the C'Al's are doing. Go!
Go People Go!

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 12:23 am   Permalink

for reals from Ben...
Quote:

Eli ( Ely to Sven and James, BOT and TRT) my Grandfather, my middle name, The Original Beachcomber, Decorator of many Tiki Icons of the past, passed away from 7 strokes.

Being that, I'm donating 7 -8x10 re-prints of some his classic Tiki pics. Several Aku Aku behind Disneyland( not the BOT one), Cranes Luau, Kelbos, Trader Dicks and a few more "Un-re-leased Pics" for "Private Consumption!" Might even throw in some Boo frames too.

Have at it when they come up. It ALL goes to Al's charity. He's not just running for the Tikis, he's running for us!

tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-20 09:46 am   Permalink

I'm hoping to have a special glazed Fatutu, first out of the kiln, if timing is right numbered # 000

And possibly #000 of "ShrUnky"

Remember, these mugs are made %100 by me, in my own work shop, no factory involved.
These will be the absolute firsts of my new mugs seen only here and La Luz de Jesus booksigning Sat. Nov. 5th with Crazy Al.. and others.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 04:58 am   Permalink

These are about to fly over to Al for auction too. First time art by Hewey has come up for sale!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-21 06:53 am   Permalink

gee I wish I had read this earlier, I'm too far away to get anything to you in time.:/
good luck on the auction!
My brother had an annuruism ( 3 actually) about 10 years ago suffers the same way a stroke victim does. Let me know if you ever do this again.

[ This Message was edited by: wicked 2005-10-21 06:53 ]

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 08:22 am   Permalink

Consider me on board! Love to help! Maybe I can donate a painting or some candles, soaps, and necklaces? Really cool of you, C'Al!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2005-10-21 08:23 ]

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 4:27 pm   Permalink

Im in Al,since I dont have any money I might as well donate a painting or sumthing,see ya then...

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconutkiss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-23 7:15 pm   Permalink

A 5-piece Tiki Canister set will be up for grabs from Coconut Kiss...

http://www.coconutkissgifts.com/IslandLiving/Dinner_Barware/tikicanisters.html

View Profile of coconutkiss Send a personal message to coconutkiss  Email coconutkiss Goto the website of coconutkiss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 11:56 am   Permalink

latest Bosko! Derek! and the Pizz! are in!!! as well as most of our favorite TC artist....

this show will kick ass!

Thanks All! if your arty pocket book is tight like mine and you rather donate a piece of work to my Silent Art Auction, Stroke fundraising gig, instead of writing the Am.Stroke.Ass. a check...... That's Awesome!!

the Auction is Sunday Nov 6th at the Luck Tiki Bar out in the Valley.

I'll need artwork by Wed Nov 2nd
PO Box 553
Sunset Bch CA 90742
(US MAIL only)
or if you are local pick up or dilivery, let me know????
I'll be out of town on the 4th and the 5th is the La Luz show.

If you want to put a reserve or starting bid on your piece just let me know.... art not sold on the 6th will be sold after through my web site.

All proceeds go to the ASA charity.
I can write you up a receipt for the value of your art.

let me know if your in for a piece.
Thanks for the help!
the Crazy.... AL

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 12:18 pm   Permalink

Hey C'Al

Since the Lucky Tiki is on my way to and from work, I can drop them off myself, to save you the hassle! Hell, I'll be there on Sunday anyhow, so I might as well just bring 'em then! Proud to be a part!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 7:46 pm   Permalink

My original ink shrunken head #3, and a sharpie-signed Sam's Shrunken Head mug will both be there for the auction too.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-28 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-20 00:23, crazy al wrote:
for reals from Ben...
Quote:

Eli ( Ely to Sven and James, BOT and TRT) my Grandfather, my middle name, The Original Beachcomber, Decorator of many Tiki Icons of the past, passed away from 7 strokes.

Being that, I'm donating 7 -8x10 re-prints of some his classic Tiki pics. Several Aku Aku behind Disneyland( not the BOT one), Cranes Luau, Kelbos, Trader Dicks and a few more "Un-re-leased Pics" for "Private Consumption!" Might even throw in some Boo frames too.

Have at it when they come up. It ALL goes to Al's charity. He's not just running for the Tikis, he's running for us!

Maybe I can find some extra time to convert the photos above into a small Tiki Bar for the auction. Hmmm.....

p.s. maybe I can throw in some of that abalone I scored from Eli's hidden stash, too!! ( into/onto the bar that is!)

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2005-10-28 10:54 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-28 11:13 am   Permalink

p.s.s.

I'll throw in the shirt and shorts for a bar rag!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation