FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Hawaiian Gardens Apartments/Condiminiums, Lauderdale Lakes, FL (apartments)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hawaiian Gardens Apartments/Condiminiums, Lauderdale Lakes, FL (apartments)
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-19 2:40 pm   Permalink

A reporter contacted me just after the hurricane for a comment. I was completely speechless. The first I heard of it was from Tikilicious and Steve at the gathering at the Mai Kai when it reopened. It's a huge blow - I'm going to try to stop by this week and take some pictures. Very sad indeed..

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTex
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-19 3:17 pm   Permalink

Apparently there is a big threat of mold in a lot of the units now, and it seems most of these folks aren't insured for that sort of thing. Makes me afraid for this fine old relic. Please keep everyone posted, tiki_kiliki, and thanks for all those terrific photos.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTex 2005-12-19 15:18 ]

View Profile of TikiTex Send a personal message to TikiTex      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 6:00 pm   Permalink

Having gone through the 2004 hurricanes up here in Central Florida- I'd say its at best 50/50 for whether or not that place will get dozed.

Alot of the older places that got damaged up here- apts, hotels, etc, simply sold out to developers, who plowed them to put in new condos.

I still see new doze-jobs going down every week up here along the A1A. The landscape around here is changing pretty quickly as a result of Frances and Jeanne. Not that its necessarily a bad thing in my case, as for the most part the losses weren't anything tiki or overly googie but the Hawaiian Gardens is a really awesome place. I about fainted when I first saw that entry hut.

By the sound of it, that place got it pretty bad, and may very likely fall to the ball.

If enough units are unscathed, it may end up that they just rebuild the damaged ones, but if half or more is getting mold infested.. everyone might just decide to sell out.

Either way, somebody needs to get down there and investigate, as they might be hauling off or tossing out tikis as I write this.

[ This Message was edited by: fatuhiva 2006-02-11 18:03 ]

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-18 8:35 pm   Permalink

Any update on the fate of Hawaiian Gardens??
I'll be down that way in June and was hoping to swing by and check it out!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mama's Condo

Posted: 2007-01-05 07:46 am   Permalink

Hello Everyone, I am new to Tiki Central. I found you because I was doing a search on my mama's condo and there you were ! I have been going to Hawaiian gardens since the mid 70's when my parents bought their condo and moved from Queen's New York. Dad was actually the president of Phase V in the late 70's and soon after he passed on to Tiki Heaven. I will send some photos as soon as I can. I'm on my way there and need to sell a lot of Mama's things and her condo ! She's going to be 90 this year and can't stay alone anymore but she is still beautiful in heart & spirit. By the way my aunt and uncles' condo, about 20 miles away, was almost blown away and they ended up staying at Hawaiian Gardens last year while their apt was rebuilt so as far as I know HG is holding on strong, blessed.

View Profile of Mama's Condo Send a personal message to Mama's Condo  Goto the website of Mama's Condo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation