FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Self portrait...the stain is on...PAGE 7
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Self portrait...the stain is on...PAGE 7
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-13 2:31 pm   Permalink

Like that one a lot..Nice, different kinda piece. Looks well into the true, old style, too, which is cool. Boy, what I wouln't give for that stack of logs right now...

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-13 3:27 pm   Permalink

Half of moko carved and color added. Cause its just to hard for these tired eyes to see otherwise.
I guess i have to do the other half since a majority of the people that see it say its lopsided.

Hope you enjoy and "Thank you for your support" aka Bartles and James.

[ This Message was edited by: PalmCityTiki 2005-11-14 18:15 ]

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 06:50 am   Permalink

Had more pics but chose not to offend.

[ This Message was edited by: palmcitytiki 2005-11-14 08:54 ]

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 07:23 am   Permalink

Post the Pics!!!!!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 07:24 am   Permalink

Good lord...and I really dig your stuff, too. Any chance of re-posting the pics?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 07:32 am   Permalink

I loved these tikis. Cute and creative. Not traditional, but bitchin just the same.

I hope you post the pics, but understand if ya dont.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 08:40 am   Permalink

Its just my way of showing that everyone contributes.
I am self censoring for now. I will be contributing. But just holding back for now....just in case I offended or provided any sort of distraction to the tribe. I have imposed this onto myself. I shall try to regain the faith.

"I'm not worthy" aka Wayne and Garth

Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 09:14 am   Permalink

keep the faith, ditch the dogma.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 09:20 am   Permalink

Hey! Put those back!

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 09:31 am   Permalink

Kinda silly, but I can't stop you..I for one really like your stuff. But that other post had nothing to do with who likes what or some sort of art critiquing or other misconsrtuances. Just richer understanding of who we are and why we're here., period.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 10:58 am   Permalink

Come on Palm! Put the pics back!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 4:10 pm   Permalink

I know its silly to remove the pics ... but I just wanted to show how we would end up with if we were only purists. My stuff doesn't fit easliy into the realm of True tiki, but when a child can see my stuff, recognize the intent and still enjoy the experience the effect... then i feel as though Maybe, just maybe i have sparked another flame to possibly pass the torch onto and that person might be the prodigal son or daughter that elevates the Ohona. I am not a cry baby, because I actually like what BK is saying and the intent was well taken. However I felt that removing the pics for short time would spark more people to voice them selves and just possibly build a fire for everyone to produce more from themselves. Only time will tell and personally I like what is happening in this forum.

tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-15 10:48 am   Permalink

i think your work is great!! thanks for putting the pics back up!! i love the guy with the skulls on his head.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 12:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha Palmcity Tiki!!!!!!!!!
Your tikis are really cool my friend. I love the new designs on the new stuff. Oh by the way Nice pile of logs.. I try to fool my wife when she asks if i got some new logs today (stroon all over our yard) I reply with AH no sweetheart I just rearranged the other piles so they could all breath a little... I get Busted every time HA HA HA take care my friend and keep up the cool stuff Aloha , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 5:36 pm   Permalink

Mooney and Benz. Come visit me at jammin Jensen. Thursday nites 6-9 pm. Its kinda slow down ther now so I need someone to chat with. Thanks for all the comments guys I hope to work on the Silent guy soon, Half of the moko is done now for the other half.

I also am working his collection and artifacts.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation