FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events new years eve 2005- so cal-Thanks Everybody
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
new years eve 2005- so cal-Thanks Everybody
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 10:25 am   Permalink

In for the bar tour as well.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 11:15 am   Permalink

OK everybody.

I know that the "big event" is on Saturday (ie- Bar Tour and Bali Hai Bonanza) but last year in Palm Springs most of us were there for 2 nights and as a result were looking for activities the night after as well.

Im not sure how many folks are staying 2 nights this time or how many San Diegans are up for 2 days of rebel rousing but I would like to help put together a late afternoon activity on Sunday for those interested.

As it stands right now, we have the Hanalei Brunch in the morning. Moki will let us know the timeline.

Im thinking that immediately after the brunch folks could do what they want for a few hours and then maybe around 3:30 or 4pm we could get together again.

I have confirmed that the closest bowling alley (15 minutes away) WILL be open on New Years day. Its not retro or tiki styled but it is a bowling alley. I am waiting for a response to see if they could accomodate us as a group.

-OR-

Another option for those inclined would be billiards and video games at Dave and Busters for a couple hours. (also 15 minutes away)

-OR-

We simply park at a parking structure in Downtown, get appetizers at Mr. Tiki and then roam the gaslamp district for a while.

Afterward we could do a mild room party (depending on how folks are feeling).

Please respond to the thread so we can all see if there is any interest or preference.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 11:31 am   Permalink

In for the bar tour, no ball games for me though (that includes bowling), but every other Sunday activity sounds interesting.

Thanks
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 12:04 pm   Permalink

I hate to over complicate things and bludgeon folks with a constant source of options but I have ONE more thing to address.

The Monkeybus will be out of town with my family so we wont have the 7 seat capacity for the bar tour. So far we appear to only have a selection of 4 and 5 passenger cars available.

I can rent a van for the day that seats 15 people and will make for only one designated driver for 14 passengers(good ratio).

The van rental price (including tax) is $130 + $30(estimated) to refill the tank.

If each person on the van contributed $11-12 dollars that would cover it. I could rent it for TWO days (obviously doubling the cost) if there seems to be a need. I would be responsible for picking up and returning the vehicle.

The drive from the Half Moon to Boskos and then to Ona's is roughly 75 miles round trip.

If we have too many vehicles making the drive, folks could get lost, fall behind etc.

Out of towners will probably need transport. In towners can obviously do what they want.

The home bar tour will START and END at the Half Moon Inn.

Be READY in the Humphreys Half Moon Inn Parking lot by 11 AM on Saturday Dec 31.

Here is the VAN passenger list

1. Monkeyman
2. TikiBird
3. Utopian Dream
4. Polynesian Pop
5. Guest of Poly Pop
6. Unga Bunga
7. Wierd Uncle Tiki
8. Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa
9. Kick the Reverb
10. Mrs. Reverb
11. The Jab
12. Pi Phi Rho
13. Al-ii
14. Tigerlilly
15. Friend of Tigerlily

Keep in mind that this van is just a way to simplify the trip and keep it fun. Anyone is entitled to drive themself. PM me for the addresses and directions during the 2 stop home bar tour.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2005-12-28 16:27 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 12:27 pm   Permalink

I would be up for Mr. Tiki & Gaslamp district roaming, as far as the rented van, i would be in for that.

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 1:09 pm   Permalink

Count me in for the van for sure (count me in for 2).

For Sunday, I was planning on going to the Wavehouse in Mission Beach for a drink or two followed by late afternoon appetizers at the Barefoot Bar in Paradise Point.

Anyone who'd like to join me is welcome to.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 2:26 pm   Permalink

Add me to the van list please.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 5:53 pm   Permalink

Please put me down for two spots -- I will have a guest with me. Thanks.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop 2005-12-12 13:29 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 09:12 am   Permalink

For this convenience, price, and most of all company, please put us (the missus and me) for seats on the van. Sounds like fun!
Ran

[ This Message was edited by: kick_the_reverb 2005-12-12 09:14 ]

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-12 12:03 pm   Permalink

Please put me down for the home bar tour van on Sat. Count me in for brunch on Sunday as well, but I think I'll leave Sunday afternoon open for lounging by the pool at the Half Moon Inn if the weather is nice. I may join Polypop in the evening for cocktails (perhaps we can stop in OB for a visit to the underwater-themed bar Pacific Shores).

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 1:04 pm   Permalink

Just spoke with Larry at the Bali Hai and he confirmed that there are 32 PAID TCers ready and rearing to go for the New Years Eve function. He was real excitied to have presold so much of the event this far in advance.

He advised me that there are not many tickets remaining and that this is typically the time frame when they really start selling quick.

THERE ARE ONLY 20-30 TICKETS REMAINING. IF YOU WANT TO GO (We all would love to see you) THEN CALL THE BALI HAI AND GET YOUR TICKET ASAP!!!!!!!!!

If you are still sorting out the cost of lodging, be sure to check out the Entertainment Card Deal at the Island Palms motel (down the street from Half Moon). Its only $89 bucks per night.

PS- I have a room with a vacant bed. If anyone wants to be my roomie, let me know.

Da Monk

PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 8:55 pm   Permalink

Cool! I'm in on the van, too.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 10:06 pm   Permalink

Here is the count for Brunch at the Hanalei. As of today, they were not taking reservations yet, so I've been unable to confirm a time. I try not to make it too early as I'm sure we'll all be moving a little slow that morning.

If you're not on the list and would like to be, please PM me.

'Ona & Moki
MonkeyMan
BongoFury & The Mrs.
T-Bird & Utopiandreem
Jab
Tigerlily + 2
WooHoo Wahine & SoccerTiki + 2
Al-ii
Dangergirl
Cyntiki & Goatiki
Poly-Pop +1
DrMigelito
PiPhiRho

I'll post as soon as I have a confirmed time and cost.

[ This Message was edited by: Moki 2005-12-20 22:15 ]

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-17 09:17 am   Permalink

It looks like Otto has been paying attention to this party!!! TO6 looks a lot like New Year's Eve Weekend on Shelter Island! Good taste and great ideas run amuk 'round here!! (I still would like to see another desert event though!!!)
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-20 5:37 pm   Permalink

Bump

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation