FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 6, May 4-7, 2006 **New Info pg. 7**
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 6, May 4-7, 2006 **New Info pg. 7**
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-06 9:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-06 11:47, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-12-06 11:14, kick_the_reverb wrote:
Hi hear there are some room parties planned at the Kahiki Palms, which might include members of the famous travelling band Banjo & Sullivan.
Ran

I know we are off topic, but here is a little dig what Reverb is talking about(for those who don't know)

"The next year, while touring in support of the latest album Where The End Meets The Road and the single “Lord, Don’t Let Me Die In A Cheap Motel,“ Banjo & Sullivan checked into The Kahiki Palms Motel after a rousing run of gigs. While the exact details of the grisly crime are unknown, what is certain is that Gloria, Wendy and roadie Jimmy Cracker were murdered there by a group later dubbed as The Devil’s Rejects. Roy and Adam were never found and were presumed dead.

Ok, I'll bite! Is there any truth to these stories??? I mean, someone went to a lot of trouble to authenticate the surrounding attractions of the "Kahiki Palms Motel"!!! Did it really exist in 1978? Kudos to the creator of that website!
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-07 11:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

Did it really exist in 1978? SoccerTiki

Well, that is just the date that the web page was created. I hear the place has run down a little since then.

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-07 5:54 pm   Permalink

Okay, I'm gullable, is this true? I mean the picture of the Kahiki Palm--does sport a palm tree and a tiki, but I see a WHOLE lot of tumble weed.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-07 5:58 pm   Permalink

The Kahiki Palms is a set used in the Rob Zombie movie, The Devil's Rejects. www.thedevilsrejects.com
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepper LaRue

Posted: 2005-12-08 12:46 pm   Permalink

OK, I'm a little confused. Is it a real hotel that was used in the movie, or is it something built just for the movie, and this is all a put-on? Not that I mind a put-on; I'm such a cynic that I kinda enjoy it when I've been "had."
oxo
~Pepper

View Profile of Pepper LaRue Send a personal message to Pepper LaRue  Email Pepper LaRue Goto the website of Pepper LaRue     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 5:26 pm   Permalink

Pepper got me too...I was trying look up the number, googlin' it, etc.
GOT ME!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-10 10:02 am   Permalink

Woah, slow down. Throw 'er in reverse. I'm a little hung over. WILL THE TIKI OASIS BE HELD AT THIS KAHIKI PALMS JOINT OR NOT? Give it to us straight, some of us didn't see Rob Zombie's movie.

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-10 10:06 am   Permalink

Ok, you got me. I just visited the website of the "Kahiki Palms", which I shoulda done in the first place...That's frickin' Club Ed!! I'm shooting there tomorrow! You guys suck.

But really, where WILL the T-O-6 be held?

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 6:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

But really, where WILL the T-O-6 be held?

Hang tight tikitourtured.... a little tiki bird just told me that news regarding Tiki Oasis is on the near horizon......

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 12:43 pm   Permalink

Please tell me it will be San Diego and not in East Jesus somewhere.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 11:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-15 12:43, tikitortured wrote:

I saw Otto last night and he said Tiki Oasis 6 was going to be at the Conga Lounge this year.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-16 12:37 pm   Permalink

yes, it will be in San Diego!

I was planning on sending out a save the date announcement this weekend pending receipt of info from the hotel I am negotiating with but since Ben has chosen to blow my cover here I have to make this pre-announcement

It will be the first weekend in May Thur, May 4 - Sun, May 7

It will be in San Diego on Shelter Island and include offsite visits to Mr Tiki and Hanalei/Islands

as well as private, limited home bar tour events

I will release the info as soon as I have secured the space and dates for the event

no, it will not be at the conga lounge.

Quote:

On 2005-12-15 23:31, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

I saw Otto last night and he said Tiki Oasis 6 was going to be at the Conga Lounge this year.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-16 3:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-16 12:37, Otto wrote:

I was planning on sending out a save the date announcement this weekend pending receipt of info from the hotel I am negotiating with but since Ben has chosen to blow my cover here I have to make this pre-announcement

It will be in San Diego on Shelter Island and include offsite visits to Mr Tiki and Hanalei/Islands

I will release the info as soon as I have secured the space and dates for the event

Quote:

On 2005-12-15 23:31, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

Arrrrrrrr!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-16 3:35 pm   Permalink

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Dreams DO come true!! San Diego/Shelter island is the most perfect/logical place for TO6!
Thanks Otto and Baby Doe, good luck with the planning and such. See you there!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-17 07:46 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-12-16 12:37, Otto wrote:

[quote]

Otto, Sounds like you've been reading the "New Year's Eve at Bali Hai" thread! We'll give you an update after the BIG NYE celebration!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation