FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Mug Design Contest Entry topic
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Mug Design Contest Entry topic
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 12:38 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: foamy 2006-11-20 08:48 ]

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 11:06 am   Permalink

Here is my first entry. I love how everyone has a different way of illustrating their designs. Mine was done on the computer. It's kind of a combination of two of my favorite mugs- Munktiki's Tappo and the X eye mug from the Metairie Huki Lau.

Tiki Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Sacred Grounds Hawaiian Coffee www.gourmet-kona-coffee.com
Hawaiian Clip art www.islandimages.com

[ This Message was edited by: MauiTiki 2005-11-30 20:26 ]

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 1:14 pm   Permalink

I present my second entry to the competition with a mug entitled "Computer Freak", notice how this modernist cartoon tiki clutches his precious computer to his chest like how all us tiki Centralites hold Tiki Central close to our hearts, his bulging Hypno eye is is a reference to how tiki can mesmerize the tiki-Centralites. Finally see how his little body is encircled in the cable of his computer, symbolizing his entanglement in the world wide web and by extension Tiki Central, he too like us is wrapped up in tiki & tiki central.

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-05-04 07:28 ]

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 1:29 pm   Permalink

Here is my first entry. I really like Tiki Bob and since it is a mug that so few of us have, I thought it would be cool, with a little Munktiki twist. Have the eyes two different sizes, and in the lei it could read Tiki Central Bob.

Or in the spirit of TC...

[ This Message was edited by: atomicchick 2005-11-22 09:03 ]

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 6:02 pm   Permalink

Make it a big mug!!

[ This Message was edited by: capotiki 2005-11-20 18:07 ]

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 7:21 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 04:04 am   Permalink

My first entry. A human figure in a grass skirt and masquean inspired mask, holding their tiki mug (shecky perhaps?) close. Shirt could be a bowling style shirt, traditional hibiscus pattern Hawaiian shirt, or my fave, the TC background Hawaiian shirt. The mask could be given a stone or wood style effect. The side shot needs more width to it, but thats my crappy quick sketch.

An intregration of traditional tiki influences, with retro pop culture fashion giving it a contemporary feel.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 11:13 am   Permalink

This is my Bob entry.

'TC Bob'
(also known as Sabu the Coconut Bob)

[ This Message was edited by: tikiwahine 2007-05-13 10:54 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 5:33 pm   Permalink

Here's the clumsy photoshop and then the carving.
This could represent the TC ohana in the yin and yang, night and day, lovin and fighting, yet we all are one in TC. I have named it the Jigokudani Tiki. There are some very good designs here. Good luck to everyone.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2005-11-21 17:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2005-12-13 21:48 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 11:40 pm   Permalink

My second design is a Moai which uses our favorite initials along with the green background and yellow text. I call him TC Moai:

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret 2005-11-30 21:55 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-22 3:36 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: foamy 2006-11-20 08:45 ]

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-22 5:25 pm   Permalink

Sorry this looks thrown together, my art program is acting up (again). there where more detailed shades and such. But anyways I'm trying the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stoopid) method, honestly I don't think you would want to see a detailed version of Tiki Central's Bilge tiki. The mug for off topic conversations and drinks.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RanTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-22 6:40 pm   Permalink

Here's my second entry:

I'll be back with #3 later.

View Profile of RanTiki Send a personal message to RanTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-22 9:39 pm   Permalink

Here is my second entry. Obviously, I'm not artist so let me spell out what I was attempting to draw. The tiki is suppose to be a rarotonga type tiki. It's grin is suppose to be a keyboard, on it's ears is TC and he's holding a Shecky mug.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 1:16 pm   Permalink

Here you go!
Holden

www.tikifarm.com

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather 2005-11-23 13:17 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation