FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Mug Design Contest Entry topic
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Mug Design Contest Entry topic
ramba-zamba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-30 03:16 am   Permalink

Hi guys,
this is my first posting on TC. So let me say a few words.
I am from Germany and working with Haikai in our Designstudio Spielraum.

Here are my sketches for the tikimug contest.
The first one called "holzkopf" and is designd to appear like bamboo.

The second mug in volcano style is called "hitzkopf".

The shortend rocket is design nummer three and goes by the name of "zündkopf".

Thanks for the oportunity!!

View Profile of ramba-zamba Send a personal message to ramba-zamba  Email ramba-zamba Goto the website of ramba-zamba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sumu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-30 10:35 am   Permalink

Ok, so, technically, she's not a tiki. However, this is my salute to all the 50's Marwal busts, head vases, ethnic chalk and ceramic busts, as well as Cosmo De Salvo (the Bali Beauties illustrator). And, besides, no one did one. She has simple, more graphic details, glossy skin and face, textured hair, one color bronze colored glaze. Sip your cider thru the opening in the back. And of course, the obligatory tiki necklace.

View Profile of sumu Send a personal message to sumu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 11:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-29 12:33, vegatron wrote:
Aloha everyone out there in the world of tiki. My name is Javier, and I am a graphic artist, and a bartender at the Rendezvous Tiki Loungs in Kenosha, WI. The owners, and co-workers told me about the contest and thought it would be a good piece for my portfolio that I'm building to get into a graphics college. Hope you enjoy my work. Bottoms up!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mark London

Posted: 2005-11-30 11:59 am   Permalink

Just found out about this today!

No idea how to "host" images...so I
sent a Jpeg of my (done in 1/2 hour)
King NepTiki rendering (with seperate
chrome trident!) to the Munktiki website.

This is my own little tribute
to the old Pacific Ocean Park.

~ ML ~

View Profile of Mark London Send a personal message to Mark London      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 12:31 pm   Permalink

ok so my lazy ass forgot to do this before the last day (I am good at that) so use lots of imagination and here are my two entries......pieced together from pats I found

This first one is a tiki god with a mans body half of the body is traditional tribal styled tattoo the other half is retro tattoo of a wahine pin-up drinking from a mug (Shecky?) the idea was to represent both the traditionalist and the neuvo tikiphiles

This one is a concept I had......we do a drink menu wrapped around a mug with each mug being the best of the mug competition (not the ones I used as fillers) then the text would read name of mug and who designed it........this way everyone gets in on the design.......but it may be too hard to do as well.......

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 1:13 pm   Permalink

Here is my final tinkering. Back by popular demand is MachTiki's LEMOAI, except this time he's turned into a 3D Volcano God.

He should be sculpted just deep enough so that a sugar cube soaked in 151 will fit into his noggin. Think of the hours of fun you can have burning up Hanford's head! But don't limit your thinking to sugar, sweetie...how about incense? Love notes gone bad? Well, you think of the rest....

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 1:33 pm   Permalink

Here is my 1st attempt

It seems that many have taken Shecky on some wonderful adventures.
While on one of these adventures he wandered off and was never seen again.
Turns out he was captured by a tribe of rum soaked head shrinking tikiphiles.

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2005-11-30 13:38 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 2:13 pm   Permalink

Well here goes.

A couple of designs for the competition. I'm guessing everyone thinks I'm coming in late to protect my ideas, but truth is the day job is super busy, I wanted to do 3 designs.

This design is a warrior with shark tooth club and Ikika helmet.

This fella is a more traditional mug design, but using a trend from hot rodding of using green as an accent colour. Not steel wheels, fire wall and engine block this time, but eyes, mouth and chiny beard.

Hope you like them and nice job on all the other designs in comp. I'd hate to be a judge on this one.

Cheers

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 2:39 pm   Permalink

Ok here is my entry. Not really a mug but more of a bowl. Here it is the Tiki Central Ohana Hut (or the hale that Zazz built)

This one is inspired by all the cool friends I have made here on T.C. This hale style bowl is designed to be shared with all your T.C chums. The glyphs on the side could be be changed out to represent the various interests of our community or maybe even embossed replicas of some of the other entries.
I suppose the whole thing could be made smaller and serve only one person but where is the fun in that?
I really liked all the entries and I feel sorry for the folks who have to try and pick a winner out of all these killer submissions. Good luck everybody! Thanks for a havin' this great contest y'all.

Chongolio

" I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain
www.Lost-Isle.com
www.piggod.com

[ This Message was edited by: chongolio 2005-11-30 20:50 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 2:56 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: badmojo 2006-02-17 19:54 ]

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 2:59 pm   Permalink

Here is my two meager attempts. There are some really great ideas in this thread!

I wanted to do a whole scene that wrapped around the mug without a specific front or back.

This one is a carving that went to Dr. Z on his birthday. I thought it would make a cool mug if it were tall and thin like a collins or mojito glass. Of course it would need a base that was flat and wide to make it stable.
Thanks for letting me use this Dr. Z!

[img]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 3:09 pm   Permalink

The sleeping Moai as a stand alone mug

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mark London

Posted: 2005-11-30 3:12 pm   Permalink

King Nep-Tiki!
Rhinestones in crown and a
single stone in Seahorse's eye.

~ ML ~

View Profile of Mark London Send a personal message to Mark London      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RanTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-30 4:04 pm   Permalink

Here's my entry #3 - How about a Bamboo Mug with some bite. I call him the Big Bamboo.

[ This Message was edited by: RanTiki 2005-11-30 16:06 ]

View Profile of RanTiki Send a personal message to RanTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amiotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 6:42 pm   Permalink

What the heck - I'm no artist, and I'm way out of my league, but this is what I was able to whip up in half an hour...

He's my lucky tiki guy, complete with a string of cowries and seeds around his neck for that truly worshiped feel...hehe.

Front view

and...

Side view

amiotiki

View Profile of amiotiki Send a personal message to amiotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation