FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Aloha John's Tiki Lounge is done! -updated pics 3/6/08-
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Aloha John's Tiki Lounge is done! -updated pics 3/6/08-
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 10:51 pm   Permalink

Hey all. I'm new here and I thought you might like to see some pics of my patio/lounge. It is a work in progress. I also threw in some more pics so you all can get to know me a little bit.

I picked up this guy from Oceanic Arts:

Pre-tiki, showing more of the overhead stuff:

This area is destined to be a small shady tropical garden with flagstone walkway. The tree trunk you see there is a large flowering pear that blocks out all direct sunlight. I'm open to plant suggestions too. I have very sandy soil here.

This is the side of my garage. I've got a TV hidden behind that window. It's swivels so I can watch the tube from inside the garage while I'm working, or from the lounge while we're relaxing.

This is the side entrance to my house. The security door needs to go! The small tiki on the step to the left of the door is one I bought from a small "craft fair type thing" on Maui. The Mr Bali Hai on the wall is by Reido. I bought it on Ebay.

I am also into 50's & 60's style custom cars and hot rods. These are the 2 that I have that you folks may appreciate. The first is my '67 Econoline van. This will eventually have the classic 60's style van look; Cragar S.S.'s, nice rake, and side pipes...and seaweed flames and lots of tiki/surf stickers on the windows. The interior will have grass matting covered side panels, thatching "headliner", bamboo shades, etc ,etc.

This is my '48 Willys CJ2a. Not at all tiki, but some of you may dig it. It may get a thatched "bikini-top".

Hopefully I haven't gotten too off the topic with my 2nd post....but I couldn't think of a better way for you guys to learn a little bit about me other than sharing some pics...hope you guys enjoy them.

John

[ This Message was edited by: Aloha John 2007-06-23 17:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Aloha John 2008-03-06 22:34 ]

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 11:05 pm   Permalink

Welcome aboard ...

Very nice start to your lounge/patio...and those rides are awesome. The van reminds me of one that the pinstriper Barnett used to own and what is it that I see parked behind the willy's?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 11:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah that is the same style Econo as the one Barnett had, except his was the extended panel version, but his flamejob was right on the money, as is most of his stuff I've seen.

Behind the Willys is a '31 Model A street rod, that belongs to my dad and I. And under the tarp is a '59 F100.

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 11:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-31 23:15, Berdoo John wrote:

Behind the Willys is a '31 Model A street rod.

Droool ....

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 06:14 am   Permalink

That´s what i call a nice lounge... thanks for posting

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 07:32 am   Permalink

Thanks guys.

Rodeo: here's a better pic of the Model A for ya, in front of my house with my girlfriends '60 Buick.

And back on topic, here's another pic in the lounge. I bought all the matting, the cork floats, and the bamboo from Oceanic Arts....I love that place!!

And lastly...

exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 08:51 am   Permalink

looks real nice! welcome, glad to have you with us.

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 09:03 am   Permalink

very nice Model A Mmmmmmmm

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 12:46 pm   Permalink

Welcome BerdooJohn,
really nice Stuff you have there. Love the cars too. The last tiki pic is Awesome, who is the carver?
Come on in and stay awhile.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 6:06 pm   Permalink

Great looking house John.

Nice to have another 909er around.

Welcome to TC.

Kate

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 6:21 pm   Permalink

Berdoo John -- you are a "natural."

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 6:32 pm   Permalink

Dang dude! I need to hang at your place!

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-01 6:55 pm   Permalink

I love your ceiling treatment - the more stuff the merrier!

great looking place, thanks for sharing and keep us updated - we love to look

that model A takes the cake for me.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 9:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the compliments!

Benzart: I wish I knew who the carver was....his stuff was incredible. I bought that tiki on Maui about 5 years ago.

John

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 9:44 pm   Permalink

Awesome dude! Love all the tiki stuff, love all the hot rod stuff!

Welcome to TC, your gonna fit right in

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation