[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Humuhumu Room Improvements
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Humuhumu Room Improvements
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-17 9:15 pm   Permalink

I've finally wrapped up some improvements in the Humuhumu Room. Most of the stuff I've been working on is subtle, but I also have some new stuff to show off:

Here's a new shot of the bar itself, which is pretty much the same. I've added a couple of those hokey fake fire cauldrons on either side of my black velvet.

A shot of the shelves behind the bar. This is just some of the smaller bottles & mugs, most of my supplies are under the bar.

The booth

A close-up of the foliage at one end of the booth

One of three palm trees in the room. The previous shot is the base of this tree.

Some of my stuff

My beloved new TC tangaroa plaque, courtesy of Gecko. This guy is looking you in the face when you first come in the room.

This is one of the two Design Toscano tikis, and this is in the corner of the seating area. I've put in five flicker bulbs around the base of him.

The other Design Toscano tiki. This is the one that was ripped off from the old Enchanted Tiki Room poster.

My new fountain! I set this up on top of a shoe rack that I'm using for additional glass storage.

This is the light fixture in the middle of the room. I'm always bonking into it.

A look back at the entry from the other end of the bar.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2002-11-17 21:19 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-17 9:27 pm   Permalink

Humu,
The room looks great! What size is the room again?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-17 9:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks! The room is 7' x 9'.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-17 11:22 pm   Permalink

Your Tiki Room is fantastic. I particularly like that shot of the Toscano Tiki that you have in the corner of your seating area.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-17 11:32 pm   Permalink

That's a great looking bar...good pics, too.
I really like the threads showing members' home bars...very inspirational.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Tom
Deleted

Posted: 2002-11-17 11:36 pm   Permalink

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY bitchin! Colorful... Soooooo Lavaful, I do mean it! Very good job!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Tom
Deleted

Posted: 2002-11-17 11:38 pm   Permalink

Is the tree trunk made of Ogave?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-17 11:44 pm   Permalink

WOW! big change since the last pictures. I like the lighting! I like my tiki bars dim. It gives it that romantic enchanting vibe.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-18 12:03 am   Permalink

The room is very dim in person. I like these new pics better, too. When I took the old pics, we hadn't figure out how to adjust the shutter speed on the camera yet, so there was a flash. With these pics, the shutter was open for 3.2 seconds.

The tree trunks are yucca poles, I got them from Display & Costume Supply. They're very lightweight.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-18 07:03 am   Permalink

The place looks great!! You gave me some ideas for the Pi Yi Lanai!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-18 07:25 am   Permalink

Veeeeery nice. Looks like the kind of place where you'd need a jacket (I like that)...."Perhaps you'd be more comfortable in this, sir..."

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-18 07:55 am   Permalink

thanks for the pics! inspirational stuff!

wow,
tiki chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-18 08:43 am   Permalink

Quote:
Thanks! The room is 7' x 9'.

Wow! I new it was small but I didn't know it was that small! Amazing you can fit everything pictured in there!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-18 09:37 am   Permalink

Wow, What a bitchin place to hang your hat, and its stumbling distance to your own bed! thats one plush paradise
cheers,
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-18 12:06 pm   Permalink

Great!
This room has got a real tropical flair about it!
Id like to know, how was the uke paintjob (?) done, and do you have a matching shirt?

Also, I like the little surfer dude. What I like most about it, hes not the cartoonish shortboarder type that you come by in modern renditions. Is he old?

The black velvet is fantastic! The frame is a little baroque, have you considered a bamboo frame? Thats what I want for my tropical themed woodprints.

KK

[ This Message was edited by: Kawentzmann on 2002-11-18 12:08 ]

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation