FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 10:23 am   Permalink

Looks as if everyone had a great time. Sorry i missed most of you, but for the brief 20 mins i was a Julians it was great to see such of motely crue of fine folks. Next year i will try and make if for the entire weekend.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koka Nut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-31 10:48 am   Permalink

Wow, what a great time!

Thanks to everyone for making it so much fun!

Kats, it is always great to hang and jam.

The ladies were as beautiful as always. Thanks for the great food.

I Dream of Tiki, the rum cake was unbelievable!

Kaliki, the mix CD helped Pablus and I make it back to Tampa safe and sound.

Chip and Andy it was great to see you again. Chip, sorry we didn't get to teach you some songs.

Tikilicious difinitely has the Fevah. Steve, I liked the Casio.

Geoff, thanks for the great Zombie barrel! And thank you very much for Wayne and the band singing Hawai'i 78 - it meant a lot.

Tiki Bree and Tristan, although we haven't had much of a chance to talk yet, I think I have now seen you two at more events than anyone else on TC. (Hale Tiki opening, Hukilau and now the Hawaiian Inn.)

Flounder, thanks so much for the art cards. Your work is truly outstanding.

To all those I have not mentioned, it was nice hanging with you and I hope to see you all next year.

Mahalo,

Scott / Koka Nut

[ This Message was edited by: Koka Nut 2006-01-31 10:49 ]

View Profile of Koka Nut Send a personal message to Koka Nut  Goto the website of Koka Nut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-31 10:48, Koka Nut wrote:
Wow, what a great time!

Chip and Andy it was great to see you again. Chip, sorry we didn't get to teach you some songs.

It was great hanging out with you guys! While I didn't learn directly, I learned enough to know I need to get busy learning so that next year I can at least attempt to play along with you guys!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe V.
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-31 3:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-30 20:09, pablus wrote:

Great to see Joe and Donatela Vitale there. They're always a kick to be around. Joe could be the most sarcastic person I've ever met. But it's hard to tell... that's the beauty of true sarcasm.

Yo Pab, Hey you gotta remember I'm from New York........... It comes natural.

We're glad we made it out. It was cool to see everyone.......... no, really....??

-Joe

View Profile of Joe V. Send a personal message to Joe V.  Email Joe V. Goto the website of Joe V.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 4:07 pm   Permalink

Stop it Joe, you're killing me.

BTW, Thanks for the mugs and tell Donella I'm sorry I spelled her name wrong.
It had nothing to do with the wine I drank. Nothing at all.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 7:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-31 10:48, Koka Nut wrote:
Wow, what a great time!

Tiki Bree and Tristan, although we haven't had much of a chance to talk yet, I think I have now seen you two at more events than anyone else on TC. (Hale Tiki opening, Hukilau and now the Hawaiian Inn.)

Scott / Koka Nut

[ This Message was edited by: Koka Nut 2006-01-31 10:49 ]

Hale Tiki opening was definitely for the hard core Tiki Fan-natics and fun.
We do have to make a talk-fest a priority next time we see each other.

Miss Martini send her warmest cuddles to everyone. She was particularly impressed that everyone knew her name in spite of the fact that she was meeting the group for the first time. She wants to know if we can all get together again SOON.

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 7:59 pm   Permalink

Here are some photos.......

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 06:33 am   Permalink

Great pics! Thanks for posting them. For those of us who weren't able to make it and are new to the group, would you mind putting some names to the faces? Thanks!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 12:08 pm   Permalink

I'm the girl with the white feather hat on.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 2:58 pm   Permalink

Mahalos to everyone who helped make this event happen!

Pablus & Scott -- Your generosity is greatly appreciated -- thanks! I can't wait for our next uke jam!

Geoff - I'm so glad we made it after all. We didn't get to any surf music this year, but there's always next time! Keep that girl of yours outta trouble!

Karbora -- Thanks for the yummy treats!

Flounder -- You're a madman! Let me know when you're in St Pete again -- I'd love to tag along to the Dali museum.

Dave & Leslie -- I think I left mt wig in your room...I'll e-mail you my address...Ha!

Liz -- It was great getting to know you (and your cake) a little better. Hopefully we'll get a chance to hang out again before too long.

Tikilicious & Steve -- What can I say -- That voice, those keys....we oughtta take this show on the road!

Kiliki -- As always, it was great seeing you. Drop me a line and we can work out details for Atlanta in April and Hukilau. Thanks for the compilation!

Chip & Andy -- It was a pleasure chatting with you both -- Chip -- If you'd like, I can e-mail you some easy to read chord charts for Ukulele...we'll get you jamming yet!

AL -- Great meeting one of our Cali Cohorts....I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more...thanks for the kind words!

Bree, Tristan & martini - I'm still basking in your Fabulousness!

To anyone I may have forgotten -- they don't call them Zombies for nuttin'!

ALoha!

Josh
www.whollycatsband.com

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 4:24 pm   Permalink

Glad everyone had much fun. Should we do it again?

In my company we sometimes do a de-brief after an activity to decide what we liked and what we would do different next time. Suggestions?

Here's mine...
A party in Tampa/St. Pete. Stay at the Sun Spree resort in St. Pete (Home of a long-gone Trader Vics) with a day sail and party on the HMS Bounty!

http://www.tallshipbounty.org/main.html

http://www.stpetersburg.com/holiday-inn-sunspree/

Anyone intersted in something like this?

Flounder is in charge!

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff 2006-02-01 16:28 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 07:01 am   Permalink

That's a GREAT idea.

I'd love to throw a TC luau at the Lagoon Lounge on the Friday night.
You haven't heard Haole Kats until you've heard them there.
I'd be willing to set up a bus to take the lubricated participants from and back to St. Pete.

Then the next day stop by Hula Hula - do a bit of thrifting in St. Pete - then onto the Bounty - could be a stellar weekend.

East Coast Tiki Revival!

kinda

Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 07:33 am   Permalink

Sounds like a fabulous weekend.............when do we wanna do it? March---early April???
Remember we want to attend the Polynesian Luau "en masse" in May (probably on the 20th).
Anyway, we're tied up the last weekend in April so right now everything up till then is open........

Let's lock down some dates.

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 08:36 am   Permalink

I assumed he was talking about next year instead of the Hawaiian Inn.
Maybe not.

Trader Rick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-02 12:51 pm   Permalink

Oh this is killing me! Seeing all the ohana I missed through your posts and pictures. I had the money, the time and the motivation to make this and bingo! A bad case of intestinal flu struck and struck hard Friday afternoon! I was flat on my back with pain and a fever Friday night through Sunday morning. Sorry I missed it. I'm OK now. Well, maybe next year. (sob)

All Hail Floyd!! (Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

View Profile of Trader Rick Send a personal message to Trader Rick  Email Trader Rick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation