FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 10:47 pm   Permalink

Damn! Why can't y'all do this the first week of December when I'll be in Florida? Sounds like a lot of fun. Well, maybe we can join in next time.
-Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-13 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-12 18:28, Swanky wrote:
And the annual bench pressing of Humuhumu?

I'm game if Humuhumu's game.........

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-14 7:39 pm   Permalink

I enjoyed last years event so much, that I will definitely consider attending again. An initial look at the calendar shows that the weekend is free, all I have to do is look at a few of the other variables ($$) involved. It actually helps out that the weekend is in late January.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-15 2:52 pm   Permalink

Please come see us Vern. We really enjoy your company, plus you find some of the greatest tiki treasures.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 5:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-15 14:52, Kailuageoff wrote:
Please come see us Vern. We really enjoy your company, plus you find some of the greatest tiki treasures.
KG

Yes, Vern, pretty pleeeeeeeease............

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 09:50 am   Permalink

Andy and I will be there this year. Our first time for this event and for the Hawaiian Inn, very excited!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-07 6:59 pm   Permalink

A few updates...

Tampa's own Haole Kats have offered to play an afternoon set on Saturday for the ohana. Exact timing is still to be worked out, but do plan on a mid-afternoon of vintage Hawaiian tunes at the hotel.

NeptuneTiki and I were talking today and it seems the 24 hour Rolex GTP race is in Daytona the same weekend we are there. That means hotel rooms might be tough to reserve if you wait much longer. Marian and I booked a one bedroom suite today, but I suggest anyone seriously planning on this party make their reservations soon.

If you want to vend out of your room, please do so. We'll try to spread the word on who is where with what, when there.

I have a collection of vintage south sea adventure movies featuring Jon Hall (first husband of Florida's Frances Langford) and am thinking of screening "South of Pago-Pago" before the Haole Kats take the stage, if there is any interest in that.

KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff 2005-12-07 19:02 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 11:08 am   Permalink

Steve and I are all aboard!
See y'all there!

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 11:15 am   Permalink

KG -- Thanks for the reminder about making reservations. We're looking forward to it!

Josh

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 10:57 am   Permalink

OK, I booked a room. A suite like last time we can all fit in - hopefully.
I also put in a request to gather all of our rooms in the same general area.
We've had the cops called on us 2 years straight now and though we made the best of it by trekking to the sea last year, it was still kind of a bummer. Tiki Bree in handcuffs and Trader Trick and Wayne Coombs beating the cops up. A bloody mess. A real palaver.

Anyway, Geoff - you seem to know the owners the best so maybe you could pre-empt any trouble this year with room proximity effect because I guarantee you that the Haole Kats and the Crazed Mugs will be making some noise until the wee hours. Josh himself could talk enough to melt drywall.

Flounder, you're not invited and no one wants you around.
Cybertiki, same with you. Don't show up this year.

(shhh - I'm using a little reverse psychology on the dummies - they won't even know why they'll suddenly feel so compelled to be there.)

EAST COAST TIKI REVIVAL!!!
BRING IT!!!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Neptune Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-29 3:15 pm   Permalink

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!! We cannot wait!

View Profile of Neptune Wahine Send a personal message to Neptune Wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-29 10:57, pablus wrote:

Tiki Bree in handcuffs

Oh.......thoooose handcuffs? They belonged to Humuhumu.........

Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-31 08:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-30 19:25, Tiki Bree wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-12-29 10:57, pablus wrote:

Tiki Bree in handcuffs

Oh.......thoooose handcuffs? They belonged to Humuhumu.........

Wait a minute... just WHAT kind of party are we talking about here!?

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-31 3:59 pm   Permalink

Update 1/10/2006:
An oppurtunity has arisen that will allow me the chance to attend. If all goes well, I'm looking for to seeing and meeting y'all.

Please take lots of pictures and maybe some video. Gotta look at these events like precious moments in time for our group.

Cheers to the east coast Ohana event and to all coming from afar to join. Please do raise a glass for those of us who are with you in thoughts and spirit.

[ This Message was edited by: I dream of tiki 2006-01-10 18:24 ]

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-01 07:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-31 15:59, I dream of tiki wrote:
. Gotta look at these events like precious moments in time for our group.

Cheers to the east coast Ohana event and to all coming from afar to join. Please do raise a glass for those of us who are with you in thoughts and spirit.

We will with deepest affection. Our events are most definitely precious moments in time shared by a group of extremely extraordinary people.

Trader Trick and I will be staying at the Makai Motel in Ormond Beach because they accept pets, and as you all know Tiki Bree is always accompanied by her Tiki Pekingese.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bree 2006-01-01 15:13 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation