FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-01 09:27 am   Permalink

I just started a new job and can't take time off. So, I can't make it this time. Which sucks, because I enjoyed hanging out in Pablus' room with everyone more than anything. I'd rather go to 3-4 get togethers like this than one Hukilau or Tiki Oasis. Hopefully soon.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ruinthejimi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-01 11:10 am   Permalink

This will be my first year and I'm really excited about it! I've made my reservations for the hotel and dinner, so I'm all set.

Jimi

View Profile of ruinthejimi Send a personal message to ruinthejimi  Email ruinthejimi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-01 3:16 pm   Permalink

Swanky, what a bummer!!! We will definitely miss you this year. Ya sure you cant come down for Saturday, at least? Oh, forgive me, I know it's a long trip.......just wish you could be here.

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-03 6:29 pm   Permalink

More Hawaiian Inn Party stuff!

Marian and I went to see the Christmas show at the Hawaiian Inn two weeks ago. We touched base with Wayne and Teauila and they are looking forward to hosting our upcoming tiki party for another year. The only stipulation is that Flounder and Cybertiki are banned from the premises...

Good news for the rest of us though... Wayne said it is no problem for the Haole Kats & the Crazed Mugs to set up Saturday afternoon inside the showroom. In fact, he thought the whole idea sounded great. I still need to make sure he'll have a bartender on duty for us, but I don't think that should be a problem. I'll ask for Frank since he loves to abuse us so much.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but judging from posts, I am thinking we'll have about 30 of us - about the same as last year. Although this number should be no problem, when you make reservations for Teauila's Hawaiian Luau and Show just tell whoever answers the phone that you want to sit with the "tiki party", or "Geoff's tiki party" and they'll add you to our party. Seating is usually fairly flexible, but it is better to give them a heads up on who you want to sit with.

Pablus: I have no idea what room they are going to give us. I also made a reservation for the largest room they had available but don't know where it is located. I'll call Wayne soon to see if he can work something out. I agree it would make things easier if we could be as near each other as possible.

Also Pablus, are you mixing the Zombies this year, and is there anyway we could score some fruit from Rusty's trees? Even though he won't be with us, I would love to have him contribute to the party in this way. I think he would smile about it. We'll post soon about people contributing the other necessary ingredients.

Here are a few other special requests:

Pia and Kern from the Mai-Kai were interested in attending our party, but I haven't called them yet to make sure they know about it. Maybe Tiki Kiliki can handle that for us....? If they can come it would be wonderful, if not, at least we asked.

Also, Wayne and Beki Coombs have been coming to our party for years. I'll call them, but it might be good if Bre-elle drops them a line as well.

If anyone can think of others we need to get a special word to, please do so. Not everyone stays current with TC.

Lastly, someone needs to give Julian's a heads up about Friday night and set a time for dinner. They don't take reservations but did hold a big table for us last year when we told them several weeks in advance that we were coming. Again, Bre-elle can you handle that for us?

One last item I want to share with you non-Floridians.... we have been getting a lot of bad press about our weather - what with hurricanes and the assorted inconveniences they create - but the weather has been f***ing fanatstic the last few weeks. High seventies most days and beautiful blue skies. No guarantees for the end of the month, but it sure would be nice if this climate sticks around.

More later.
Aloha,
KG

PS: Swankster - Sorry you can't make it this year. You'll be missed.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff 2006-01-03 18:34 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-03 7:41 pm   Permalink

<<<Pablus: I have no idea what room they are going to give us. I also made a reservation for the largest room they had available but don't know where it is located. I'll call Wayne soon to see if he can work something out. I agree it would make things easier if we could be as near each other as possible.

Also Pablus, are you mixing the Zombies this year, and is there anyway we could score some fruit from Rusty's trees? Even though he won't be with us, I would love to have him contribute to the party in this way. I think he would smile about it. We'll post soon about people contributing the other necessary ingredients. >>>

Yes, I will bring citrus from Rusty's trees.
I am actually harvesting greens from his garden.
We had some New Year's Eve, which was his birthday.

I will mix Zombies. Help me out - did we do a double batch last year?

I reserved what I believe to be a room with the similar layout that we had last year.
It served us well.
Except for the neighbors.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-03 8:07 pm   Permalink

I'm very sad about it, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out this year -- it's just too much of a strain on the pocketbook, and our work schedule. My heart will be there with you, though. Thank you so much for making me feel like part of the Florida 'ohana each time I've come out there, and I look forward to any and every opportunity to return the favor when Floridians visit the Bay Area.

Have a great time!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-04 3:20 pm   Permalink

Well that's a bummer.

We'll play a song for you and lift a glass for you.
But we won't be molesting any Witco for you.

I think that's probably the shot where Hanford's glasses shattered and he started writing poetry again instead of code.
EAST COAST TIKI REVIVAL BAYBEE!!!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-04 5:31 pm   Permalink

Pablus,
You da man. Here's the recipe from last year...

It is the Zombie concoction from the 1946 first edition of Trader Vics Book of Food & Drink. The book says this serves 60 people.

We need donations of:

2 - 750 ml bottles of Jamacian (dark) rum

4 - 750 ml bottles - Puerto Rican (silver) rum

1 - 750 ml bottle of Demerara 151-proof rum

2 - 750 ml bottles orange curacao

3 quarts lemon juice

3 quarts orange juice

1 quart grenadine syrup (a bottle of Trader Vics would be great)

2 ounces Herbsaint or Pernod

Please post if you are able to donate a bottle of booze, or curacao or syrup. And, be sure to bring a mug. I'll bring the oversized rum barrel.
KG

Humu- we are goig to miss your infectiously naughty behavior. Wait, that sounds gross. We are going to miss your impish sense of humor. Wait, that sounds ridiculous. We are going to miss you like a sister. That's better... Sorry you can't join us.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-04 7:38 pm   Permalink

2 - 750 ml bottles of Jamacian (dark) rum
CHECK

4 - 750 ml bottles - Puerto Rican (silver) rum

1 - 750 ml bottle of Demerara 151-proof rum
I THINK I ALREADY HAVE THIS

2 - 750 ml bottles orange curacao

3 quarts lemon juice
CHECK

3 quarts orange juice
CHECK

1 quart grenadine syrup (a bottle of Trader Vics would be great)
CHECK

2 ounces Herbsaint or Pernod
CHECK

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 6:09 pm   Permalink

Well heck, if you're gonna bring all that I'll bring the silver rum. Florida's own Matusalem Rum.

Who's gonna bring the Curacao?

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff 2006-01-05 18:10 ]

Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 08:32 am   Permalink

Wahines, lets bring munchies for the after party. I'll bring a cheese platter with crackers/breads, would someone like to bring a fruit platter? Cookies? etc?? Veggie platter?

Also could I get a head count for Julian's Friday nite?

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 10:43 am   Permalink

Unfortunately, $ issues will be preventing us from making it to this event. I hope everyone has a great time! Hopefully we'll get a chance to hang with some TC'ers before too long...sniff.

Josh
www.whollycatsband.com

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-09 6:58 pm   Permalink

KG and Pablus-

I can bring the 2 bottles of orange curacao if it is still needed.....as it is all about the zombies! Also, Tiki Bree I will bring an assortment of after party munchies to keep us fueled up. I have made my room and Luau reservations, but please count me in for the dinner at Julian's. As mentioned the weather here has been stellar. That along with the folks from TC will be nothing short of total inspiration for a fantikitastic weekend. Looking forward to it......

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 5:19 pm   Permalink

If I'm not invited then I'm going to have to ask you all to quit using the phrase "East Coast Tiki Revival" I coined it and have a copy write on it. If you would like to keep using it you will have to pay a fee or invite me. Actually you will have to beg me to come. Then just maybe.

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart 2006-01-10 17:19 ]

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 6:27 pm   Permalink

If the 151 Demerara turn out to be in short supply, let me know and I'll contribute my bottle of Lemon Hart.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation