FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 10:11 am   Permalink

Hallo HaiKai Wie geht es dir?
Very nice work. Go on this way.

I will post picts of my first tiki (moai style) soon.
Thanks for your answers.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 1:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-08 13:08, Paipo wrote:
Man, that thing is incredible! Your stuff has got so precise and authentic looking in such a short time. Absolutely beautiful detailing - I love the little starbursts on the head-dress (they have a nice 50s feel to them) and the chisel texture you left on the chin. Your friend is a very lucky man!

Precise indeed! And LARGE! Very nice stuff!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 08:13 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Eventually, I have some new carving pictures for you. Last week I finished the big Lono and
I created a new Lono pendant and a shrunken head.
At the moment I adapt an old first aid box for a voodoo armoire. But I don´t have pictures of it yet.
Before I´ll show you the pictures, I´ll give an answer on your last entries of the big Lono.

Hey Paipo, thanks a lot! You are right I also prefer the chin part with the chisel texture.
The different textures give the Lono more interesting appearance.

Benzart, thank you too! Accurate, to carve a Lono is something difficult.
It was my first one and I need a lots of time to create this big guy. I think Ineed about 55 hours!

Tiki Duddy, you ask me about the orange tool. It´s a Black&Decker powerfile with a long belt.
It´s perfect for small, creek and deep parts.
At the producer´s homepage you can get more informations about that tool:
www.blackanddecker.com

Capt'n Skully, Cheers! I have also seen your Tikis on TC. Realy great!

Hey GMAN, your accolade is amazing. Thank you very much!
No, I think I´ll never be one of the best Tiki carver. There are so many other amazing artists with incredible ideas and skills.
The claim and development of some TC carvers grow up very fast.
And that´s great, so there are always new inspirations and that incite me.
The most fun for me is to follow the advancement. With all the TC carvers it never will be boring.
I hope you´ll enjoy the color finish of the Lono.

Salut benella, thanks for your German words! Yes I´m fine.
I have heard, that in one of Paris museums you can see an original Ester Island Moai.
Is it right? I´m looking forward to see some pictures of your first moai.

Hey tikigap, thank you also for your nice words!

So and now I want show you my latest pictures:

First you can see the color finsh of the Lono.
For the finish I used a walnut stain to gave the figure the right color grounding.
Michael the Lono´s owner was a great assistance. He can´t wait to see his Tiki in his flat.
When we´ll fix it, I´ll take some pictures for you of the Tiki´s new home.

After the stain was dry, we polished the wood with wax.
So the face got very glazed and the grain comes out.

And finaly here is the finished Lono. I hope you enjoy it!

Well, in the next pics you can see the development of a new shrunken head.
It was a carving job for a car´s driving mirror of the orderer.
It´s carved from plum wood and polished with wax.

Look, what an affinity!

Than I had an idea! This shrunken head need a real bone in his nose.
So my colleague (ramba-zamba) brought me the rest of his lunch.
I cleaned the chicken bones and bleached them with hydrogen peroxide.

Than I cut one bone in the middle and pluged it with a piece of wire. So I fixed it in the nose.
Black hair, shells for his ears, coconut slices for the mouth decoration and ready is the little guy.

O.K. and at last the Lono pendant!
It´s 7/6 inches tall and also from cherry wood like the last pendant.

Mahalo, haikai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 08:32 am   Permalink

Haikai,

Outstanding efforts! Bravo!!! The shrunken head is pure genious. The big and little Lono are spectacular! Thanks for sharing.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 08:37 am   Permalink

awesome work guys, love the bone detail

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 09:07 am   Permalink

That shrunken head is KILLER. Well done!!

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-27 02:19 am   Permalink

Aloha guys!

Thank you very much to McTiki, tikiracer and Capt'n Skully.
I think the plum wood has the best color and grain.
If you polish it very strong, it looks realy authentic.

tikiracer, I hope you are fine. Tell me, what kind of artwork do you create this time.
Please post some pictures on TC. I have heard about London´s new Mahiki Tiki bar.
Did you draw the Mahiki´s paintings?

Mahalo

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-27 03:05 am   Permalink

It's all great work, especially the KFC* nose-bone, but that Lono is just too much! The subdued finish works really well, it lets the wood and the carving do the talking. It's cool to see you mixing it up with different styles and found materials too.

*True story: I was waiting to fly out to Rarotonga from Auckland Airport, when I spotted a guy with a HUGE bag full of buckets of KFC to take home to his family in the Cook Islands. I guess people always want what they can't get, even if it does taste like crap!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-27 10:02 am   Permalink

Speechless.

Incredible work and a wonderful variety!

Love it all. The big Lono is spectacular. Bigger is better. What does that sucker weigh?

Clean and precise cuts... love to see the chisel marks on the piece!

Love seeing more hardwoods used for tikis!

The shrunken head is genius. Found materials and spur of the moment!

The bar is being upped so quickly... worldwide!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-27 4:53 pm   Permalink

HaiKai, you're really coming up with some Awesome, Well done stuff. Really raising the bar. We need More, More. Thanks!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-27 5:10 pm   Permalink

Kia ora HaiKai

Ditto what everyone else has said: The world is a better place for having that large Lono in existance!! What an amazing piece/clever carver/lucky owner...

That shrunken head is just awesome also, perversely-wonderful..! (lol)

Cant wait to see what you are going to come up with next, you are very talented!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 01:24 am   Permalink

Hallo Haikai,

Deiner (dein ?) Lono ist WUNDERBACH !

My wife said to me: "don't post pics of your moai next to pics of Haikai's Lono, you're not at Haikai's level !!!". But i'll post in the next week...

There is a museum that opened this year in Paris that's called "Musée du quai branly " . They own a moai head made of stone from easter island and i've heard they own a Ku too but i'm not sure. You can see the moai on their site at
www.quaibranly.fr

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 06:03 am   Permalink

I have the same feeling as Benella's wife, I don't want to post anything too close to the
Lono! That is a great piece of work. I waited a couple of days so I could think of something
more clever than "that's cool man" (I think some folks on other threads think we carvers are
too nice and complimentary)...but what the heck...that's cool man!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 1:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-28 06:03, congatiki wrote:
(I think some folks on other threads think we carvers are too nice and complimentary)...but what the heck...that's cool man!

Tama sez: I dont think 'those' folks realise how much time/effort/heart/blood/sweat & tears that go into the carvers art, or how much an artist appreciates the support... (whether a total beginner or an 'accomplished' carver)

If a work moves you to say "thats cool man!", then thats cool man!!

Ill say it again -Haikai: your work is SO cool man!!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 1:56 pm   Permalink

WOOOO! That cottonwood piece is massive! You did a great job on it.
All your stuff is dazzling. Watcha gonna do with the crocodile wood?

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation