FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 9:38 pm   Permalink

Kick ass.

Bigger is better!

Nice work haikai, that's a great tiki!

If I only had a way to move a log like that I'd have one in my backyard to work with. Gotta be a heavy sonofabitch.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 10:18 pm   Permalink

Thats huge - awesome!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 10:41 pm   Permalink

Madness!

Is there anything you can't do?

What a mission...get in, carve a massive tiki, then gone...all in a weekend!

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Paipo 2007-05-03 22:42 ]

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 03:37 am   Permalink

Hey guys,

thanks a lot for your commendatory entries.
I´m happy about getting such feedback form real tiki experts like you.

McTiki, yes you are right. The size is one of the most impressive thing of this tiki.
It´s fascinating to stand in front of the sculpture and tuch the massive body.

AlohaStation, yes, the 2 days were very stressful.
When we arrived 900 km later at home, we celebrated a bachelor party for a friend,
who will marry next week. So, we were realy all knocked out on the next day.

Sure, Rügen is a realy beautyful island with many inland water and untouched nature.
The guys of the "Surfhostel" were very nice and relaxed.
On Saturday night there was also a great concert with a surf band, who call "Los Twang Marvels".
The band made a cool show and we relaxed at the bar with some fresh drinks.

Here is the link of the
surfhostel!

Babalu, thanks for your great compliment. I bow low! Listen to Gman´s words and get a chain saw.
It´s so funny if you stay in front of a wood giant and you can run riot with the chain saw.
The chips fly around and you work with a loud and heavy tool.
But I can´t do this every day. I think my next tiki will be a little one.

Hey Gman my saw brother! The evening sky picture is also my favorite one.
Ever when I´m visiting your thread, I´m so jealous about your fantastic swimming pool
and your beautiful Maori tikis. Realy great stuff!

hiltiki, that would be unbelievable and a honor, if I´ll sometimes carve a tiki in LA.
I´ve never been in the USA and so I´m looking forward to visit anytime your country.
The giant world of tiki culture with all of you tiki cracks, the amazing bar and hotels.....
That´s so many impressions, which I´ll all know. In Bavaria is tiki very exotic
and so the most people don´t know, what is tiki.
Lots of people ask me, if these figures are indian stakes or african carvings.
Than I told them from the moais of the easter island and they promptly understand were tiki come from.
In the USA is tiki a inherent part and so it´s very interesting for us European.
Anytime it´ll happen, but first I tink I have to carve some more tikis.

benella, greetings to France. In 4 weeks I´ll visit your country, but Sadly I´ve not enough time to stay in Paris.
I´m also looking forward for your next carving pix.

rugbymatt, I hope you are fine! Thanks a lot for your german words. If I´ll be in the near of Tübingen,
I´ll get in touch with you. In July we´ll visit again the Swizerlands biggest car meeting
and exhibit some of our stuff. It´s on the 6th July in the near of Zürich.
I think it´s perhaps to far away, but I let you know if something happen.
Sadly, I don´t managed it to visit the "Haifischbar" in Augsburg, yet.

Lake Surfer, please let me know when you start with your big backyard tiki. I´m looking forward to see the first pix.

hewey, the big ones are the coolest. In fact, they are not so detailed and fine but they are GIANT and fearsome.

Do anybody know what size the biggest tiki of the world have? Perhaps, I think it´s the tiki of the Taharaa hotel
at Tahiti with 20 foot. Is that right?

Paipo, yes there is something I can´t do. To create such perfect tikis form stone like you.
You are one of my masters of style and acuteness. I bow very low to you. Thanks!

Greeting to all of you and have a sunny weekend,

Haikai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 08:31 am   Permalink

HaiKai, This guy is gonna be Awesome and Not just in Size. You are giving him some Fine detail and from a Ladder Even, WOW. I've carved large tikis but from Scaffolds, never on a wobbly ladder-- Be CAREFUL there, I would hate to see you slip?
I'll be checking the posts Daily looking for updates

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 08:59 am   Permalink

Haikai, if it is not too late can you please take some pictures of this carving showing the entire piece, so we can see what the whole thing looks like from bottom to the top, thanks.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 2:33 pm   Permalink

Yavol! Nice!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-04 2:44 pm   Permalink

that is so cool keep up the awesome work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 12:42 am   Permalink

Mann, Kai, du bist so gut geworden im letzten Jahr. Und dauch noch massiver Ausstoß. Hut ab.

www.armchair-travelling.com

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 3:49 pm   Permalink

Great form and proportions on this guy.

Looks like he could have came from Hawaii. A masterful job!! And Massive!

Thanks for posting the photos.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 6:22 pm   Permalink

HO-LY!! that is one big hunk of tree...and it looks terrific! thanks for posting the pictures. what a piece!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 08:41 am   Permalink

Hey guys,

here I´m back again. The last days I was bussy and at the moment I finished with my new tiki.
But first I want to thank you for your entries and answer your questions.

Benzart, thanks for your feedback. Your opinion is very important for me. I´m ashamed for the wobbly ladder!
I only took a aluminum ladder with me to Rügen and there I was surprised about the size of the log.
So, I only found that wood ladder. It was not a realy great feeling to stand on the top with the chain saw in my hands.
A scaffold is important for these kind of work. Alone, the way I climbed up and down was to long and stressful.
Thanks for your worry!

hiltiki,no problem! Here I found some pictures of the hole tiki. Now you can see the complete figure.
I took my new camera with me and at the moment I have only a portrait objective.
So, I mostly shot detail pictures.

Basement Kahuna,
tiki beat by marcus thorn, thank you also for your compliments!
It´s great that cracks like you visit my thread and enjoy my work.

Mogambo, thank you very much. I hope you and your family are fine! I´m looking forward to have a drink with you at Trader Vic´s.

AlienTiki, such great words from a person, who carve so beautiul moais. Great stuff on your thread!
Were is the middle of the Pacific? On which island do you life?

Tiki Duddy, thank you also for your entry and I hope you enjoy my next tiki.

O.K. here is the tiki I created the last days. That´s the second and last tiki I carved for the London Luau´s Art Show 2007.
Now I´ll packing them save and send them to England.
Sadly, I couldn´t visit the Luau this year, but I think anybody will shot some pictures at the Art Show and post them here.

The new tiki calls "the grandfather". He is figured out from chestnut wood and colored with teak wood stain.
He is about 20 inch high and polished with antique wax.

He is a realy old tiki and needs a bone walking stick. It´s a bone of a pic.

His tongue is loose and only lies on the bottom of the mouth.

Hope you enjoy him! Greetings to all and a nice weekend,

Haikai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 09:04 am   Permalink

The "grandfather" is great...I really like what you did with the gaping mouth
and the ball "tongue." great finish too...very inspiring stuff.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 09:12 am   Permalink

Another masterpiece for HaiKai! Man is that gorgeous! Please send him to me soon. Thank you.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 09:21 am   Permalink

My dear Hai Kai, du bist einer meister Holzcarver.
Deiner grosser Tiki ist sehr sehr beeindruckt und ich müsse sagen, dass deine "grandfather" sehr sehr schön ist.
Ich hoffe, dass ich ein Tag dir aufholen werde.

The chisel texture is absolutely the perfect skin for "grandfather".
Hat off.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation