FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 2:08 pm   Permalink

Jeez, you're stepping it up with every piece these days. This guy is a little masterpiece! It's not easy to put that level of character and expression into a tiki but you've made it look natural. You've obviously had a fair bit of artistic background before you started making tikis?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 10:09 am   Permalink

Aloha fiends,

Thanks congatiki, appreciate the kind words. Yes, the ball "tongue" is funny, I got that idea while I was creating the mouth.
It´s like a little pearl in a shell or coconut. Rather a coconut because it looks like "the grandfather" has no teeth.

GMAN, thanks for visiting my thread. I´m very enthused from your last carving. I think it is realy one of your best carving.
Great form and style.

benella, thanks for your great german words and compliments. This time I have a lots of fun to work with chisels and to try out different textures. It´s great how many options there are.
Tomorrow, I will start my holyday trip to country and I´m looking forward to stay 2 weeks at the Atlantic Ozean.
Surfin, beachcombing and just hanging around. Perhaps I´ll carve a tiki on the beach.
Than I´ll make some pictures and post them here.

Paipo,thanks a lot! You are right, it´s realy not easy to put character and expression into a tiki.
I must admit that I had a lot of luck while I was creating that tiki figure.
I try to escalate myself with creating the bodys much more detailed than by my previous tikis.
It´s very difficult to cave hands and feets. It´s a big step!
Yes, I studied 4 years to become a graphic designer and already earlier I had lots of fun in painting and doing handicrafts.
In my short free time I keep busy with photography.

So guys, before I hop off into my holydays, I have one more picture of my London Luau tikis for you.
Yesterday, they started there trip to London. I hope it´ll be not to stressful for "the grandfather".
Have a nice time and see you in two weeks,

Haikai

"the grandfather" and "the beatnik"

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 11:37 am   Permalink

bon voyage

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 12:48 pm   Permalink

HaiKai, I Really Love your "Grandfather". I think he is Hilarious with his ball tongue. He is Very expressive and I can feel the pain of his Old Bones, he must have worked Hard all his life. The Beatnik Son is Perfect too, What a Pair.
Excellent and Very well done. Your Giant tiki is looking Impressive too.
Good Stuff!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MAILMAN76
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-25 2:58 pm   Permalink

Only one word ....
RESPECT...

View Profile of MAILMAN76 Send a personal message to MAILMAN76  Goto the website of MAILMAN76     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 02:52 am   Permalink

The grandfather is very cool - so much character in him And the texture is great too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 06:36 am   Permalink

Haikai, it is amazing how you come up with such great new creations each time you post here. I enjoy watching your posts.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 09:06 am   Permalink

"the grandfather" and "the beatnik" are very cool, specially the grandfather I love him! Very original!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 2:26 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyboy!

I hope you are all fine. Now it´s high time, to post some new pictures on TC.
Since May, noting is happend with this thread. Sorry!
But I was very busy in my job and get about a lot in this last weeks.
I spend two wonderful weeks in France at the Atlantic Ocean.
I collected many driftwood, stones and mussels, but I was addle and didn´t carve in my holidays.
When I arrived back home, I created 4 big Tiki masks out of paper-mâché for a Tiki Party in Nürnberg.
In June we visited with Forbidden Paradise the Rockin Hangar Festival in Switzerland.
A great event like every year with dangerous cars, airplanes, nice people, beautiful weather and bavarian Tikis.
The last 10 days of July we spend on the biggest island of Germany. The island Rügen!
Together with the "Surfhostel Rügen", we arranged a 1 week south sea festival with different entertainment.
- Forbidden Paradise art show
- cinema with surf and exotic movies
- Tiki painting for kids
- live carving every day
- a slide show from an Austrian family, which sailed 3 years through the south sea
- concerts, partys and a drum circle ...

It was a fantastic week with realy nice people, lots of Tiki and wanderlust feeling.
Now we are back and gear up for the next events. We´ll decorate some Hawaii events,
visit the Road Devil´s "Rod & Kustom Show" with our artworks
and accompany the "European Tiki Modern Tour" with Sven and Jochen.

Slowly, Tiki awakened in Germany!

Well I want to thank benella, Benzart, MAILMAN76, hewey, hiltiki and Clarita for there nice words on my last Tikis. Thanks!

Special thanks to benella for your worry messages! You see I´m fine and I don´t forgot you guys.
The hollydays were fantastic and I hope I could visit your country soon again.

So, eventually I have some interesting pics for you!

Perhaps, you can remember on my ring projekt, which I did with the jeweler from Munich.
In the first pic you can see the wax model and than the finished sterling silver ring.

Also it gives a necklace of these Tiki. In the near future I´ll post more pictures of the jewelry.

That´s the 4 paper-mâché Tiki masks. No.1 and no.2 has the same form but different colors.

And the Marquesa and Papua New Guinea mask. The last mask is the biggest one.
You´ll see it when I´ll post the pictures of Rügen in the next days.

Here are some pics of the hangar festival. If you want to see more, visit our homepage:
www.forbidden-paradise.com
That´s one of our big oak Tikis and the sales booth in the background.

Michael´s canvas!

Smoking kills!

That´s me and a new cotton wood Tiki. I don´t finish it yet. And the sales booth with the dark and dangerous Tiki!

And here a tiny choice of the crazy cars!

I hope you enjoyed it. The pics of my resin pendants and of the Rügen week with the new giant Tiki will follow in the next days. The giant Tiki is bigger that the last one!

Mahalo and greetings,

Haikai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 2:47 pm   Permalink

Kia ora Haikai - Man, you've been having all the fun! Good to see some new works from you; all top-shelf as we've come to expect! The Maori casting is great and your friend Michaels paintings look very slick/interesting.

Tiki-Madness is alive and well in Germany!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 7:28 pm   Permalink

Glad to see you around again. Just the other day I was wondering what happened to you, That ring is excellent!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 8:39 pm   Permalink

HAIKAI -
YOUR WORK IS EXCELLENT TO SAY THE LEAST!!

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 10:17 pm   Permalink

hey guys

good to see your new work, great output as always

love the papua mask, how big is big?

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 11:48 pm   Permalink

Hey Kai,

Wunderbare Fotos von deiner letzte wochen.
The silver ring and the last carvings are very cool.
Can't wait for the next giant pix.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 12:02 am   Permalink

Thanks for saving me the need to bump your thread and ask what you've been doing! Looks like you've got a great crew happening for collaborations and promoting the whole tiki vibe in Germany. Eagerly awaiting some new carving pix.....

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation