FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-29 01:26 am   Permalink

that is beautiful work my friend about time we get back to some big pieces on tc keep up the good work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 06:01 am   Permalink

DUDE! That is sick! You are NUTZ!!! You could charge admission.....I would pay just to watch you use the saw up there on the ladders! Oh man, oh man! Beautiful stuff.....

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 6:44 pm   Permalink

oh my god....that's....amazing

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-29 8:48 pm   Permalink

Haikai, you have got to be the most INSANE carver on TC! Nice balancing act on the ladder, and what a great carving it turned out to be.

That is way, way impressive, Herr Haikai!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Yubaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-03 3:16 pm   Permalink

HaiKai, when I check out your posts,
I always prepare to be shocked and end up in awe of your work.
Your work inspires me to do better, try harder.

Mahalo,
Jess

View Profile of Yubaba Send a personal message to Yubaba      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-03 10:41 pm   Permalink

Wow...you are an amazing carver. The big guy is such a great design...I love him. As a nurse, I just have to say looking at those pictures of you with the chainsaw perched atop the ladders made me nervous....thank goodness you are safely back on ground.

Great pics of the hostel. You are obviously a carving hero on your spot of the planet!!! Nice work.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AKUAE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-15 07:21 am   Permalink

Hello to all Tiki Carvers,
Haikai your work is amazing - please send new pics soon it's hard to wait
Since we seen us in Switzerland last summer i've allready tryed some carves ... it's not perfect but i hope you enjoy also my Tiki's

see you soon in Switzerland i hope so - greets Akuae out of the wild Elsass
Where are the carvers from France ?

the first little Tiki-Shifter

my holiday work out of CROATIA 2006

The Tiki from our holidays ITALIE 2007

big angry one, not finished

and here the last ones - some Tikis out of teracotta and handpainted

View Profile of AKUAE Send a personal message to AKUAE  Goto the website of AKUAE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-15 2:41 pm   Permalink

AKUAE, Welcome to Tiki Central, glad you found us. Those are some good tikis for beginnings, enough so that you should start your own thread for your stuff. Nice works and hopefully you will find more inspiration within these pages.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-18 08:11 am   Permalink

Bienvenue Tikicentral !
Happy to learn another Frenchy's in this place.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 10:27 am   Permalink

Aloha tiki friends,

I hope you are all fine and busy! Thanks,

tikifreak1, Paipo, AlohaStation, Lake Surfer, hewey, kingstiedye, hiltiki, Moondance, benella, Benzart,
tikidreams, Clarita, Basement Kahuna, tiki beat, GMAN, Tiki Duddy, Bowana, Yubaba, VampiressRN, AKUAE and all which visiting my thread so trusty. Ill ever doing my best to get such great and motivating comliments from you guys. Thats food for me!

And now SORRY for always waiting so long on my reply. I always try, but its not enough time.
However I want to have the time for TC and all your interesting article.

About the giant tiki:

Paipo, thanks for the cool pix! It could realy be the same place, but you life in the pacific ocean.

Moondance, for the big tiki at Rgen I worked about 8 days. It was a arduous job and I was happy,
when I finished the tiki. The figure is about 13 feet high.

Benzart, thanks!

Now, I have many new pictures for you by showing my last 2 month.

In the first pictures you can see my resin pendant production. It was a long way, till all came off!
I colored the resin with different pigments.

I cast 6 different tiki figures for necklaces and keyholders.

The Marq and the Easter Island pendants!

More marquesan and hawaiian tikis!

And the last pendants!

And here are some customized pendants with different wood balls

Here you can see the Tekoteko necklace and the ring, Ive worked out together with a Munich jeweler.
It was carved out from model wax and cast in 925 sterling silver. After it has been fire ooxidize. Limited edition of 20.

Juhu! My first mug is ready! Here you can see the first pictures off the "Mr. Tonga Tounge" mug.
Its about 7 inch high, was carved out from plaster, cast in ceramic and produced by Cheeky Tiki / UK.

These little fellows are three custom made doorknob for a nice guy I met at the "Tiki Modern Tour".

Here are my latest carvings. Two tiki masks are out from out from cottonwood and colored with moorbrown wood stain.
The tikis are polished with antique wax and about 28 inch high.

A new marquesan friend! The Tiki is about 3,2 feet high and was carved from massive cottonwood.
After I colored it with moorbrown wood stain and acrylic, I polished the wood with antique wax, too.
with the acrylic I gave the wood a lots off highlights.

And here we are at the "Tiki Modern Tour"! The first pic shows the tour tiki I carved.
Its out from oak wood with real bones on his head. Now the tiki stand at the Mata Hari bar at Zrich.
Sadly, till now I have only this picture of the tiki and the event.
Stupidly our camera got own feets at the last evening at St. Gallen.
And here is the tiki man at the Forbidden Paradise stall. Thanks for the great time!

Here are some pics from crazy guys. "Lil Roth" visted our stall at the Road Devils Rod & Kustom Art Show and did funny things.
And the second pic shows Gene Winfield while carving on a friends tiki! A real artist!

David Vicente and me talking tiki! It was very nice to met him.

David Vicente, Lil Roth, Michael and me withe the big oak tiki.

So I hope you enjoyed the my little presentation. If something happen in my garage, Ill let you know.
Thanks a lot and greetings, Haikai

If someone is interested in one of my pendants, the mug or any other artwork,
please visit my website:
www.forbidden-paradise.com

Visit also my new myspace site and become my friend: www.myspace.com

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 10:46 am   Permalink

Ahhh, I forgot 2 pictures I want to show you. Exceptional its not tiki but perhaps you like it.
For a carving job I tried to figure out a Frankenstein! Happy Halloween and greetings, Haikai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-10-31 1:15 pm   Permalink

good golly you've been busy! big tikis, little tikis and HUGE tikis! Great style and great work, thanks for the update.

I really dig your website too. I gotta get my ass over to Europe, it looks like your guys are having a blast over there!!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 5:11 pm   Permalink

Yes Nice, That Frank kicks ass very nice.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-01 07:53 am   Permalink

Your stuff is amazing as usual.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-01 07:57 am   Permalink

Its always a pleasure to see your stuff. It has great expression and classic finishes. The color Marquesan is excellent. How did you get the petina? is that from paint or the wax?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation