FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-22 04:54 am   Permalink

Just beautifully done and so intricately detailed. Wonderful, magical work.

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 07:30 am   Permalink

Haikai...This work and some of your other shadow box stuff is some of the most amazing stuff I've seen on TC. This direction is just the coolest! Your building new foundations man...CHEERS!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 10:38 pm   Permalink

I want to shrink myself and go in there and play! Great work, Haikai!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-30 04:46 am   Permalink

Wow!

Hi guys,

that´s so great! Thank you all for these many entries and your nice words.
I´m happy you enjoy my work. I hope you could see my big smile.
Last Monday I came back from holiday and I directly started with a lot of work.
I try to answer all your questions at the weekend. Sorry for waiting so long!
Aloha and a sunny weekend, Kai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 10:40 am   Permalink

KAI Will be at Hukilau??? Truth or Rumor?
TRUTH!

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2008-06-04 12:43 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 6:55 pm   Permalink

KAI, What can I say, We Finally meet. Seeing your work in Person was totally gratifying, it is just SO GOOD, it doesn't seem like it can get that good but there it was even Better. How do you DO IT. Anyway I was really stoked to finally meet you. Hope your trip back home was easy and quick, Let us know.
Cheers.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-25 11:34 am   Permalink

I know what you did last summer... something Leroy Schmaltz style... Got pix ?

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kroozzn62
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-18 7:46 pm   Permalink

love your work .
great pics . great skill ,more more please

View Profile of kroozzn62 Send a personal message to kroozzn62      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 04:05 am   Permalink

Aloha everybody,

sorry for my absent presence on TC in the last month. But I collected a lots of pictures
for you to show why I had not enough time to stay here. Hope you like the following stuff.

The first pictures are from the Island Rügen, were I spend some time togeher with my buddy Andi from Munich.
Once again I carved some new tiki stuff for the Surfhostel Rügen in the north of Germany.
I created 7 barstools out of ash wood.

Here you can see the marquesan Tiki I carved last year with a great weathering. I like the natural dark color!

Doing an other small marquesan one.

The bar with some of the stools

Hanging around with Andy.

After work having a Mai Tai and a cuban!

And some older marquesan Tikis.

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-21 04:46 am   Permalink

Fantastic as usual..
What wood is the big one made of?

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 04:59 am   Permalink

Trader Tark, thanks very much! The big one is out of cottonwood.

And here are the next pictures.
In July I visited a Hot Rod Race in the Alps of Switzerland.
I made a live carving show at the festival and finished this Leroy Schmalz Tiki in one day.
It was a hard job and I was totaly done after that job.
The Tiki is now standing at the "Tiki Bar" in small town calls Sargans in Switzerland.
Here are some progress pictures.

I used spruce wood for that job.

A funny tiki friend from Germany.

Thats my carver friend Alex from France. On TC he is calling AKUAE.

Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 05:01 am   Permalink

Very impressive, hope to be as good as you someday.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisbytyler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 05:44 am   Permalink

Haikai,
looking good, man!!!
I really dig your Marq's. Especially the texture in that big guy. i hope you don't mind if I use some of your work as inspiration. Marquesan is next up on my punchlist of traditional carves. Keep posting!

Tyler

View Profile of tikisbytyler Send a personal message to tikisbytyler  Email tikisbytyler Goto the website of tikisbytyler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 05:50 am   Permalink

Definitely Grapa-RuHa, take only a piece of wood and start a new Tiki and above all have fun

tikisbytyler, surely feel free and use the inspiration. It´s an hornor for me. I did the same and I think it´s the only way to learn. Let the chips fly and let me know how it works.

The next pictures are from August when I visited the Rod & Kustom show organized by the Road Devils at Weil am Reihn in south-west Germany. A realy great festival with lots of beautiful cars, lowbrow artists and nice people. I carved there this big tiki for the executive's office of the Carharrt Colothing Company.

Some progress pictures!

The finished Tiki together with lowbrow legend and JUXTAPOZ founder Robert Williams and his wive Suzanne.

Dangerous toys for adult men!

A friend brought me this awsome present, which he created himself.

Enough for today, now I have to search for some more pictures. I finished some carving jobs,
made a sand-tiki at the french atlantic coast and some smaller stuff.
Aloha, Kai

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 07:02 am   Permalink

Kai, it's so nice to see you back with a lot of pictures. It is so refreshing to see all your work, which by the way, is flawless and a pleasure to look at. You can tell I am a fan.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation