FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ŧ ŧ Creating Tiki ŧ ŧ Tiki Carving ŧ ŧ New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 3:05 pm   Permalink

That's good stuff, Kameraden...That third Hawaiian War God tiki is awesome. Thank God for forklifts!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 6:49 pm   Permalink

Great work on those tikis! those were some massive logs to cut - that looks liek fun! Congrats on getting some BIG publicity for your art - it's all great!

That finish on the tiki looks great - did you finish them all the same way? did you stain any, or just leve them natural?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 07:49 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone,

thank you all and sorry for the late response.
Michael (ramba-zamba) and me were very buisy to exhibit our artworks in the last three month.
We visited the London Luau and the Hangar Rockinī festival in Swizerland,
were I carved live the hangar Tiki.
Now we have a litte bit time befor we start our next exhibitions and so I have some now pictures for you.

Loki, Dankesckön! Sehr nett von Dir!

Lake Surfer, thanks! I think itīs realy funny to carve such huge Tikis.
Itīs so great when you finished one and see the giant result.

Tikiwahine, I thought like you, before I started to carve with the chainsaw.
Try it and you will loose your fear, but be concentrated. I had never an accident with those tool.

SCTikiShack, you are right! Itīs fantastic to use different woods and to try out new things.
This time I like to carve in oak wood. In fact itīs realy hard,
but it has a beautiful grain and you can create pretty fine pattern.
Iīm looking forward to carve in palm wood. I have never hold it in my hands.

surf-n-turf, thank you very much! Itīs nice, that you try it in my native language.
I understood all and I think my english is sometimes not better!

GMAN, thanks, thanks, thanks! I realy like your work,too. Especially your Marakihau pendant!

Basement Kahuna, you are right! Thank God for forklifts!
It would be fantastic to carve a much bigger Tiki, but I canīt transport so huge and heavy logs.
Maximal 98,5 inch logs. So I need an bigger trailer!

Polynesiac, thanks for your accolade. Yes, I finished them all the same way.
I only used anola oil for the Tikis. I tink I oiled them four or five times.
They stand all outside and I hope they will get more interesting,
when they weather from the sun and rain.

O.K. Here are some new pics from the Tikis of LA ISLAND at Landshut / Bavaria.
When you want to see more fotos, visit the hole gallery on Forbidden Paradise:

www.forbidden-paradise.com/eng/gallery.php?top=34

The following pictures are from the Hangar RockinīFestival. I carved there an 31,5 inch oak Tiki.
The Hangar Tiki, witch got his spirt in a mystic sanctification on the stage.
In the evening the Tiki chanched his owner on an auktion feat. MC Dink Winkerton from the Los Strajtjackets.

More pictures: www.forbidden-paradise.com/eng/gallery.php?top=37

So, now itīs time!
Long time ago, I wrote on TC, that I want to finish my pendant serial and post it.
Here are the Tiki necklaces and key holder with differen colors and beads.

The following pendants has been crafted from balsa wood.
The wood has been covered with glaze and sealed up with clear coat.

The next necklaces and key holder has been crafted from beech wood.
The wood has been covered with glaze and some sealed up with clear coat.

So, thank you all for visiting my posts on TC and yor nice comments!
Mahalo, Kai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 10:23 am   Permalink

wow. htose look so cool. i like how they are all different and unique. keep the good work comming.
how much does one of those sell for?

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 12:07 pm   Permalink

I missed this thread, those are some monster tikis! Great job! I like seeing pics of other folks using the chainsaw.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 4:26 pm   Permalink

Looks like you had a great showing of your work. This is one of my favorite threads. Keep them coming!!!

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 5:10 pm   Permalink

I love the big logs and your saw work. Your big guys are so awesome! Excellent stuff. I am very jealous! Thank god for forklifts!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 6:33 pm   Permalink

I really like the little guys. I've been playing with bass wood for a while its still a fun wood to carve. The way that you beaded your necklaces is really cool. keep up the great work.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 06:52 am   Permalink

Aloha frinds,

Tiki Duddy, thank you very much! Yes, they are all different. This is my appeal when I grab for my knives and start to create new figures. It was so great when I finished the pendant serial and placed them in parallel. You can get the effect of the crazy familie of forbidden paradise.

I sell the necklaces for 30 Euros each (about 38 USD) and the key holder for 25 Euros each (about 31 USD). shipping not included!
I donīt have all of them any more, but if you are interestet in getting one, plese look for the unsold once on my homepage and let me know.

Here is the direct link:
http://www.forbidden-paradise.com/eng/shop.php?CAT=stuff&limit=0&vor=1

JohnnyP, thank you very much indeed! Iīm very happy, that all you guys and gals give me so great compliments for my artworks.
Sadly, I have not enough time to post more on TC because my regular job and our Tiki homepage needs a lot of time and sweat.

rodeotiki, you are right! The show on the Hangar festival was very great.
I think there was approx. 5000 visitors. We met many nice people there which was very intrested about the world of Tiki.
It was the perfekt place to evangelise Tiki!

I hope we can organize much more pictures from the weekend, to give you more impressions.

GMAN, I think like you! The big logs are the spectacular once. Itīs so great to work with the saw and create Tikis in massive forms.
At once you stay in front of real giant gods.
This week I will organize some new giant oak and spruce logs for my next mystic visions.
Than I can post more and show you new figures.

AlohaStation, thanks! What kind of wood is bass? Is it like balsa wood? These woods are perfekt for those little figures and their niceties.
For the beads I used different wood pearls, mussels and coconut slices.

mahalo and greetings to everyone, kai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 09:41 am   Permalink

Cool stuff my man. I checked out your website. Lot's of killer art there. I especially like the one "Raimund Kerkenrath" carved. It kinda look's like one I did a few years ago (see below).

Keep up the good works. Look's like you guy's have a lot of fun over there;)

http://www.forbidden-paradise.com/eng/gallery.php?top=25

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 11:53 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki G.!

Thanks for postig and visiting our website. Yes you are right, your two Tikis look very alike. Iīm not sure, but I think he sold ít on ebay!

Yes, we have lot of fun here, but the most time I work together with my colleague and friend Michael Hanauer (ramba-zamba).
The other guys from FP are all living distributed in Europe.
Most of them in Germany.

Unfortunately, I donīt know all artists personally from our homepage.
The last two month I met Tiki Racer from England, Alīs Tikis from Switzerland and Krazy-Tiki from Germany for the first time.
They are all very nice people with amazing idears and it would be fantastic,
if we could see us frequently. But we are living too far away.

So, in Germany itīs not so easy to find people, which occupy with the Tiki theme.
The most of them stay in there flats or garages and create their own things.
So, the commutation is not so easy. Only per email!

I think it would be fantastic, if here were more interested Tiki people.
They could meet together and talk about crazy cogitations and particularly do projekts togeher. These things I miss a little bit.

But this is why we start the projekt Forbidden Paradise. We want to assemble all the european Tiki artists and present them and there artworks.
Weīll do our best and hope the Tiki scene will grow up.

mahalo, kai

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 2:44 pm   Permalink

Your carvings have a lot of old school cool in them! I dig 'em!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 04:34 am   Permalink

KAHAKA, thank you very much! Itīs like sugar in my ears. I donīt know why I carve the things in that style!
It only happens! Rarely, I make a sketch before I start to carve. I only have an idea of a detail like a nose, eyes or the mouse and than it will process.
Probably, I think I was looking so often Svens "Book of Tiki" and so I got this style.
Mahalo, Kai

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 05:09 am   Permalink

Cool stuff. Good luck rounding up all the tiki artists. It will make for great stories and pictures..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 09:33 am   Permalink

Hey Ben, thank you!Itīs great to meet guys like you on TC. Itīs so interesting to see your artworks and your way to carve with so many details. It gives me many inspiration and the incentive to try out more. Thank you for carving and posting so much!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation