Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Mug Patents
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tiki Mug Patents
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-01 7:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-01 19:21, aloha.taboo wrote:
Just poking around with Google Patent Search and thought I'd see what else ol' Trader Vic had a patent for!

This
plate appears in the photograph that accompanies the Curried Lamb Cheeks recipe in Trader Vic's Pacific Island Cookbook.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

[ This Message was edited by: MrBaliHai 2007-01-01 19:45 ]

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 04:37 am   Permalink

Hokey Smokes. The Trader was a busy, busy guy!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 08:14 am   Permalink

Absolutely fantastic research. Thanks to Pappy. Pappy wrote, "One of my big questions about tiki mugs has always been copyright-related. How is it we can see the same designs appear not only for different restaurants but from different companies?" I've been wondering the same thing. I've recently been really looking into Orchids of Hawaii. Take Orchids R14 Scorpion Bowl as an example. You can get an exact copy of that from Dynasty. Is it a copy? Or did Dynasty get the molds from Orchids? Does anyone know for sure?

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 08:50 am   Permalink

Dynasty is orchids, same people answer the phones, same stuff. Heard it was a bankrupt/legal type thing so they just started under a new name....

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 09:37 am   Permalink

Stiki Tiki, thanks for the info. I have Orchids mugs that are marked on the bottom Orchids of Hawaii Japan. And then, what I'm assuming are later products, where the Orchids is gone and it just says Japan. If you order something from Dynasty they're in Woodside New York. Was Orchids of Hawaii ever in Hawaii or has it always been on the mainland? The stuff from Dynasty is made in Japan? Thanks!

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 09:51 am   Permalink

I'm going by info from Cobain at Tikiland, he's a big Orchids collector, he has a old Orchids catalog and used to buy from them frequently, as far as I remember the office was always in the same place, where they are made probably jumped around just like Tiki Farm went from Mexico to China just to save money...
The catog of todays dynasty is pretty much exact to orchids, save for a few things they don't carry anymore.

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation