FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Day after Thanksgiving San Diego Tiki Crawl
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Day after Thanksgiving San Diego Tiki Crawl
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-26 9:01 pm   Permalink

I'm out.

Unfortunately, Uncle Arty has too many chores to do before the Mele Kalikimaka Party and I need the extra day due to upcoming weekend commitments.

Sounds like great fun!

Suck one up for me.

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-11-29 09:53 am   Permalink

Al-

What time do you expect to be at Shelter Island today? I could meet you somewhere, like at the Bali Hai. Have you heard from Mig?

Dean (thejab)

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-29 10:01 am   Permalink

Kevin and his family will be in Oceanside around 12:00 we'll be on Shelter Island around 2:30 or 3:00. You can reach me at 760-754-8195 or alnshely@pacbell.net. E-mail me if you have a number we can reach you at. Meeting on Shelter Island is a good Idea.The Bali Hai at 3:00 sounds good. I have not heard from Mig.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2002-11-29 12:08 pm   Permalink

Hi kids--

I'm down here in SD, but I CAN'T DO IT!! I am getting unexpectedly called back early for work-related crises...

Gotta head out soon, tie one on for me.

mig
Mr. Vacation-Cut-Short

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-29 1:37 pm   Permalink

Damnit Mig! I was looking forward to meeting up with you. Wanted to get the lo-down on the Maury debacle. Oh well, maybe next time! Hopefully we can talk at the Trader Vic's thing in Emeryville on the 10th. Are you gonna be there?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-30 12:07 pm   Permalink

We had a great time on Shelter Island, the Bali Hai and the Islands Room yesterday. Sabu, Dr Z, Poly Pop, Tiki Bong, Shell in the Pacific, Lizzette, Madame Bong and the Kids all had a very Tiki time. The good news is the Islands room is now serving in mugs you can keep. The mugs are the Chinese Orchids of Hawaii knockoffs. Kinda pricey at $18.00 for a zombie in a Watusi styled mug. We toured Humphrey's Half Moon Bay, Morts Liquor and some of the Tiki archetecture on Shelter Island.

I'm sorry we missed the Jab and Mig. Dean did you go down to the Bali Hai?. I'm sorry if we missed you. Next time.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-11-30 12:27 pm   Permalink

Sorry I missed it but Friday morning I got a call from a friend I've known since elementary school and I wanted to see him on my last day in town. I was hoping to bring him with me but his family and relatives were all there and I couldn't drag him away. I'll let you know the next time I'm in San Diego.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-01 2:06 pm   Permalink

Not all the mugs at Islands were O of H knock-offs. I got a scorpion bowl that was an O of H. It may have been something other that brand new as it did have crazing.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-01 11:07 pm   Permalink

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! That was a fun two days in San Diego. Had a great time with Al, Shelly, Doc Z, Sabu and Bong & Fam. Here's the pics I managed to capture:

HANALEI HOTEL

Large Moai overlooking the pool. Notice in front the tikis flanking the Lifeguard signs.

The Hula Hut where you check out towels.

My son Christian outside the Islands Restaurant. Notice the Ku carving in the back.

Tiki in the Lobby.

Colored glass floats in the Islands center skylight.

The Volcano Wall with clamshell fountains.

Puppy Moai Penis Ears Wasabi artfully crafted by Doctor Z.

The crew - from left to right: Sabu, Al, Tiki Bong, Doc Z, Shelly, Sam, Madam Bong, Sara, ZettieGirl and Christian.

BALI HAI

We followed dinner with a trip to Bali Hai on Shelter Island. Of course by this time I was well on my way to becoming fairly inebreated. As such, I only managed to take one pic - when I was sober. Mr. Bali Hai himself:

My fam and I followed our morning with Breakfast at Humphrey's Restaurant in the Half Moon Bay Inn. Great A-framed exterior but sadly, modern 90's interior. From there we went to Sea World. I saw lots of A-frames in the Shipwreck Reef area and took lots of pics which I'll post later when the film is developed.

Had a great time with the gang. Can't wait to do it again!

BTW Al, you owe me twenty bucks - I asked four people if they were Dean...

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-12-01 23:12 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-12-02 11:51 am   Permalink

I so wish I could have been there. Only two more weeks and I will finally be in LA. I can't wait to see everyone.

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-02 1:06 pm   Permalink

And we can't wait to meet you Tikibelle, as we say at TC, any friend of Sabu's is a friend of ours!

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-04 08:13 am   Permalink

Bong,
We already met Tikibelle - at Al and Shelly's Tiki Bash pre-party. Remember?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-04 08:54 am   Permalink

Ah,,, Oh yeah!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation