FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikimecula's Clubs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tikimecula's Clubs
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-04 12:49 pm   Permalink

Fabulus- excellent job as usual! I've missed your work as well lately.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-04 6:56 pm   Permalink

Bk & Ben Thanks!!!

Benella, I don't really keep track of time when making these. I kinda do a Little here & there till it's done. I would guess Maybe 8-10 Hours???

Sneaky, That Sali, on page 1 is the only one i have tried, I have a blank Sali cut...It's just waiting for me.

Matt & JohnnyP, Thanks!

Here is another Kini Kini, I carved over the last few days. It's about 40" tall. These look very similar to the Cula Cula.

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 12:05 am   Permalink

WOW tikimecula, this work is amazing. Which tool(s) did you use to carve those beautiful details ?

Love the precision, your pieces are pretty neat.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 09:22 am   Permalink

Great thread! Beautiful beautiful pieces!! Amazing detail! Congrats!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 09:35 am   Permalink

The latest club is brilliant. I really love all that fine detail and the shape of this one is really pleasing to the eye too. Beautiful bludgeon!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 09:46 am   Permalink

Just plain Beautiful. What are you using to carve those Long straight lines, they are SO Perfect..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 12:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-05 09:46, Benzart wrote:
Just plain Beautiful. What are you using to carve those Long straight lines, they are SO Perfect..

Yeah, I noticed that also, not only perfectly strait, but perfectly uniform in width, and look to be perfectly uniform in depth.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 8:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Benella, Clarita, Sneaky, Ben & JohnnyP.

Here is a Sali I just finished up!

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 9:20 pm   Permalink

Beautiful creations Tikimecula. It would almost be a pleasure to get
wacked by that thing. Almost.
Love the precise lines, you and BK have the weapons corner all to
yourselves.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 10:41 pm   Permalink

Beautiful Sali..nice work!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 11:26 pm   Permalink

man, you are really picking up your work. those lines are tight. i hope to see you this weekend.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 04:18 am   Permalink

WOW, beautiful

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 05:57 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: GMAN 2007-07-03 13:34 ]

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 4:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks' Guys. I Should have something else in a few days.

tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 8:48 pm   Permalink

Here's one I had hoped to finish on Saturday, But I got stuck sharpening all of Onatikis & Clysdalles chisels instead

Not sure what this one is called? I got the shape from my Fergus Clunie book on Fiji warfare. They don't list a name for it? The Picture in the book is Missionary Rev. Thomas Williams drawing of different types of clubs that were in use or found during his time on the island?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation