FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikimecula's Clubs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tikimecula's Clubs
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 6:49 pm   Permalink

Here it is all finished up!

Here they are posing for pictures!

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 8:21 pm   Permalink

TM-
Great job on those clubs and really clean lines.
I'm looking for some cherry to try one out. You can't find cherry like that at a homedepot.
Moon

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 9:21 pm   Permalink

Nice! Looks like a 300 year old pre-contact club...the way these should! You da man..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 9:33 pm   Permalink

TM, I like how you did the dark surface stain over the lighter "crevice" stain on the Apa Apai. Nice touch - looks like it got grimed up from years of use.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-10 3:21 pm   Permalink

Moon, BK,AA Thanks for the kind words! Started another Club(s) today, I hope it works out like I planed it (I might be in over my head on this one?).

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-10 3:25 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: GMAN 2007-07-03 13:39 ]

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-10 3:29 pm   Permalink

these are quite spectacular tikimecula....weapons are fun... I am sure we would have to put you and BK on the front lines...
I'll sit back with my little clubbers and get the ones that
escape you guys....I think I'm safe.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 8:03 pm   Permalink

After a 3-4 month break. I finally had some carving time the last few days, here is a Cula Cula I started a few months back. Should have it finished up this weekend.

[ This Message was edited by: tikimecula 2006-04-12 20:29 ]

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 8:58 pm   Permalink

Nice club...perfect tava tava! We were just coffee talking about you at coon tiki..good stuff!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 4:26 pm   Permalink

I am impressed with the detail carving. How do you get it so precise?
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 4:29 pm   Permalink

Wow! My eyes are straining just from thinking about carving all those lines. Are you using a Dremel?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 09:10 am   Permalink

Bk, JohnnyP and Fink. Thanks! No Dremel work all palm and detail chisels.

Here it is with the finish.

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 09:25 am   Permalink

All hail Tikimecula: The Left Coast BasementKahuna!

Proud to be your SoSoCal ohana!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-26 08:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-15 09:25, hodadhank wrote:
The Left Coast BasementKahuna!

I wouldn't go that far, BK is the Man for War Clubs! But thank you! Working on a new one. Pics to come.

tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-26 8:53 pm   Permalink

Here is a Solomon Islands Club I am working on. It's 53" tall and is Cherry Wood.

And here is a Sali i Just Started

Here it is with a dollar for Scale. It's 12" tall and is Poplar. This one along with a few more will be for a framed display, I am working on.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation