FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Trader Vics Chicago to Close, , (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Trader Vics Chicago to Close, , (restaurant)
c10
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-07 4:35 pm   Permalink

I stopped by there this afternoon, the tiki was still out front, the escalators were shut off, the tikis outside of the bar were still there, and it looked like (through the crack in the locked door) the bar was still like it used to be, for now.

View Profile of c10 Send a personal message to c10  Email c10 Goto the website of c10     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 8:13 pm   Permalink

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0601100264jan10,1,4200873.story

I guess it is good news under the circumstances - that we have confirmation that Richter and TV's upper management were on hand to make sure all the stuff is being saved....

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-11 10:31 am   Permalink

..can't wait for the new one to open, so I can sip mai tais and watch the big game on all the flat screen t.v.'s I'm sure they'll have adorning all the walls...

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
c10
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-12 4:41 pm   Permalink

You mean Miller Lite in a football-shaped mug. Served by someone who says "awesome" and "like", like, a lot.

View Profile of c10 Send a personal message to c10  Email c10 Goto the website of c10     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-27 10:53 am   Permalink

This news just came off the wire from Otto Von Stroheim:

Quote:
Trader Vics is reopening in Chicago and they are announcing it live on TV (that’s television) on Feb 7

They are looking for a fire dancer in Chicago to be part of the festivities
Interested parties should email Otto von Stroheim immediately
otto@tikinews.com

The new restaurant will inherit most of the décor from the original Chicago location

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation