FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Balis' Hai'deaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Balis' Hai'deaway
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-04 05:49 am   Permalink

Thanks for the positive feedback, folks.

[ This Message was edited by: MrBaliHai 2013-11-20 17:01 ]

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-04 10:55 am   Permalink

NICE!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 9:15 pm   Permalink

Great looking room. It all goes together very well.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimyniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-09 8:52 pm   Permalink

I'm impressed with the pinball idea too. It personalizes it, yet continues the theme with a bit of whimsy and as you know from this site, stuff like that can be frowned upon. You've got moxie and a great pad!

[ This Message was edited by: tikimyniki 2009-07-09 21:00 ]

View Profile of tikimyniki Send a personal message to tikimyniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 12:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-09 20:52, tikimyniki wrote:
I'm impressed with the pinball idea too. It personalizes it, yet continues the theme with a bit of whimsy and as you know from this site, stuff like that can be frowned upon. You've got moxie and a great pad!

Thanks. When I set out to build this bar, I was determined to fit a pinball in it somewhere, and when the opportunity came up to buy the Bali Hi machine, it was just too perfectly serendipitous to pass up.

I've really never gotten any flack from the folks at TC for mixing themes, and quite frankly, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to me if I did. It's my space, and I love it.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimyniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-13 8:55 pm   Permalink

Well played. You deserve the respect of the title, "Mr."

[ This Message was edited by: tikimyniki 2009-07-13 21:40 ]

View Profile of tikimyniki Send a personal message to tikimyniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-20 4:11 pm   Permalink

great looking room! love the lighting!

Amy

PS is that a real pinball machine "mr.. BaliHi"?

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-21 8:20 pm   Permalink

Your place turned out great!!!

Have fun, kick back, and relax....you deserve it!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-22 1:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-20 16:11, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
PS is that a real pinball machine "mr.. BaliHi"?

It certainly is. Bally only produced about 70 of them, and only 4 or 5 are known to still exist, so it's very rare and collectible.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-23 12:18 pm   Permalink

very cool!!!!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-20 5:06 pm   Permalink

Been a while since I've posted here, so I thought I'd stop by to clean up the dead links. Not much happening in the Hai'deway over the past year or so, but I did find a nice round bamboo shelf on a recent visit to Duluth, MN, which I've repurposed for my mugs:

The Hai'deaway is a big hit with my cow-orkers, but I still haven't managed to train them to show up in Aloha wear...although one wiseass (on the right) keeps showing up in an NSA t-shirt:

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-20 5:42 pm   Permalink

Nice shelf Mr B H! I hear them referred to as “rounders” I’ve seen em with wood shelves and with glass shelves.
Haven’t found one in my price range yet but I’m looking.
Mahalo for sharing.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-20 6:11 pm   Permalink

Your bar looks amazing! Thank you for posting again, I don't think I had seen it before. Hope that pin is still working! I love all the OA art you have incorporated.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-20 7:14 pm   Permalink

@nui 'umi 'umi: I think the "rounder" set me back about $40. Not exactly a bargain, but not a budget-buster either...which is the way most of my finds go these days.

@lunavideogames: yep, the pin still works, although the contacts and playfield are way overdue for a cleaning.

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-22 3:45 pm   Permalink

I just love your bar! I'm glad you revived this thread so I could check it out.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation