FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Super Cool!!!! Talk Story with Bungy Hedley....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Super Cool!!!! Talk Story with Bungy Hedley....
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-21 07:09 am   Permalink

Great story! Welcome to Tiki Central. Hope we get to hear more.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 07:10 am   Permalink

Thank you for taking the time to type these out.
These stories are the kind of thing we can't get enough of.
Please tell us all you can in whatever time you can spare.
I'm flipping out over the story of having lunch with Eli and Donn in the treehouse.
Now THAT'S tiki.

Mahalo Nui Loa.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 08:55 am   Permalink

WOW You are definatly not boring me!! When you have time please share more with us!! Thanks again!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 09:30 am   Permalink

Aloha E Komo Mia Aunt Bungy!
What a great first post! Thanks for takin' the time to type story with us. I look forward to readin' more of your posts and gettin' to know ya.

Hey Bamboo Benji thanks for sharin' your auntie with us.

Chongolio

" I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain
www.Lost-Isle.com
www.piggod.com

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bungy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-21 10:54 am   Permalink

You asked for it!!! We had a 99 year lease on an old 1920s Country Club, which was a part of the Land Grant from the King of Spain to the early Sepulvedas. Louis S. owned it at that time.. he ahs since sold it to the State of California and it is called "Royal Palms State Park" where the family gets together nearly each year and we have FUN! It is 2000 foot Cove right on the Pacific Ocean a couple of miles above the Lo s Angeles harbor. Anyway.. there was only a little shack on the property and we slept outside under the palm trees until we built our home..
We didn't have much money, and so we built it mainly by ourselves. When Daddy wanted to build another room.. he'd send we 4 girls up the beach a couple of miles. We'd take hammers, nails and rope.. to a Cove where lots of lumber washed in each winter from the lumber schooners coming down from Wash. and Or. So, we'd get to the Cove and start collecting 2x4s, 1x6s etc. we'd heave, and slide, and push and pull until we had this big stack beside the water. The beach was not nice and sandy..it was rocky and the waves crashed on it at high tide!
Two of us got in to the water and the other two would slide lumber out to us.. you see, we had to make the raft in the water..or we couldn't launch out into the deep! We got banged around with the waves, knocked over, completely soaked... until we finally had put together this huge pile of lumber. Flo, my oldest sister, then said, "Grab a Paddle!" so we all got pieces of wood for paddles, jumped on the raft and paddled like mad through the waves. The current headed down towards our house, so paddleing wasn't too hard. When we got right off our building site, Flo would say, "Wait"! and we all waited, tense! Ready for the word! it came!"Paddle" we paddled like mad, until the perfect wave caught the raft, and then, "Jump!" and we all jumped off and with hammers and nails.. swam the rest of the way into shore to gather up the raft.. and carry it up to the house so daddy could create another room!! I could swear that my dad never used a square or a ruler.. it was always eyeball and measuring from nose to end of hand.. and measuring off by stepng off yards! I still do that today, and am fairly accurate!
When Eli was called by someone to make an estimate for a decorating job.. whether it was large or small, he'd look aorund and find a piece of cut off board.. or something similar, get his carpenter's pencil out of his pocket, and start writing it all down.. then, he'd hand it to the owner of some big job (like Steven Crane of the Luau in Beverly Hills!)and say, "What do you think of something like this???" I saw this happen several times.. and they loved it!

So long for now! I am setting up a campfire Christmas Eve Party, complete with Texas chili, hot dogs, and somemores... anyone want to come!!! Rememember! Cowwa Bunga!!!

View Profile of bungy Send a personal message to bungy  Email bungy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 11:14 am   Permalink

I LOVE storytime with Aunt Bungy! Thank you so much for sharing these amazing tales with us, I'm very glad you've joined us here.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwmn
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-21 1:38 pm   Permalink

Aloha Bungy! Thank you so much for posting your stories. I am honored to read them.

Mele Kalikimaka!

Tikiwmn

View Profile of Tikiwmn Send a personal message to Tikiwmn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 2:04 pm   Permalink

Can Aunt Bungy have her own forum. This stuff is absolutely amazing! Please write as much and as often as you like...I'm all ears (or eyes).

View Profile of kingtiki Send a personal message to kingtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 4:02 pm   Permalink

Welcome, Bungy ! This is such a treat, thanks so much for joining TC and for sharing these wonderful stories. And many thanks to Bamboo Ben, too !

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-21 4:32 pm   Permalink

thank you for sharing such great stories!!! I love to read them.
Please post more when you have time! (especially about pedro!!!!)

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 6:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2005-12-21 06:55, bungy wrote:

Re Donn Beachcomber:
My dad, Eli Hedley, Beachcomber ,Yes! that was his title for all the life I knew him! and Donn Beach (Beachcomber) were partners for about a year, in a tropical Shop at 595 La Cienaga Blvd during WW11 in Hollywood. They both wanted the name of "Beachcomber" so Hollywood was too small for them.. and Donn went to Hawaii!

Aloha Aunty Bungy, ( Lady Weldon) ( Doh!)

Would this happen to be the place??

And,......what the heck are those Horses???

Also, is this the place where Sam Goldwynn shopped for all those cool custom gobblets??

Have fun at your Ho-Down! Is Ballan singing?? Does she play the uke too?

(Ballan is my cousin/Bungy daughter. Google- Ballan Grant. She sings!

sorry, so many questions.......

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 6:09 pm   Permalink

This is more than great! I have a feeling this has opened up a great big ol' can of worms...cuz I want more Aunt Bungy stories! Mahalo Aunt Bungy for taking the time to share with this motley crew and welcome to Tiki Central

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 6:22 pm   Permalink

First, Benjy, we Owe you Big time for sharing your Aunt Bungy with us and setting up this Story time.
Second and all, AUNT BUNGY ROCKS!! Thanks SO much forgiving us an alternative to Boring TV and other junk. Your stories will Never get old or boreing. If we cna do anything, Get you Anything??Please let us know. I want to know All about the old beach house.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Talla Luna Tikilassee

Posted: 2005-12-21 9:27 pm   Permalink

I have recently joined Tiki Central. I Have been a watcher, and a learner. I do, however, love stories. I was entranced by Aunt Bungy's stories. The Ocean has always been precious to me, to battle it and all of the elements for the sake of....Living, and enjoying life... Wow. Life is precious, and art is beautiful (to me). I have loved reading Bungy's posts. I am embarking on my love of Tiki, and the history behind it. I am IN LOVE with stories. I am especially in love with stories like this. Pure......Real....A true Birds eye view of life, in the Past/ Present time. I have enjoyed every minute of my reading of posts here on Tiki Central.Thank you all...

View Profile of Talla Luna Tikilassee Send a personal message to Talla Luna Tikilassee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 06:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-21 10:54, bungy wrote:
So long for now! I am setting up a campfire Christmas Eve Party, complete with Texas chili, hot dogs, and somemores... anyone want to come!!! Rememember! Cowwa Bunga!!!

Yes, I really wish I could.
Quote:

On 2005-12-21 18:07, RevBambooBen wrote:
Have fun at your Ho-Down! Is Ballan singing?? Does she play the uke too?

(Ballan is my cousin/Bungy daughter. Google- Ballan Grant. She sings!

sorry, so many questions.......

Ballan, like the town in Moorabool outside of Melbourne, Oz?

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2005-12-22 06:47 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation