FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Mele Kalikimaka to all my "Creating Tiki" bros & sistahs! What did "Tiki Santa" bring you this year?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Mele Kalikimaka to all my "Creating Tiki" bros & sistahs! What did "Tiki Santa" bring you this year?
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-27 10:09 am   Permalink

As far as tiki carving goes...

And after only 2 years I've worn my old ipod out... my wonderful wife got me a new one of those. Music is a must when I'm carving

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-27 10:33 am   Permalink

A new house...

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-27 10:43 am   Permalink

Aloha all -

Lets see - Tiki-wize I got a great tiki t-shirt by Patagonia (of all people) and some AMAZING books on clay that I have been devouring! Also got a neat tiki-esque mask from Laos that is hanging on my wall and staring me down as I type.

Mele Kalikemaka!

VanTIki

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-27 5:11 pm   Permalink

I got 8 cans of 1-shot, reducer, brush box , 3 mack brushes, another how to pinstripe dvd and book, lee valley gift card. Looks like i am gonna put the chisels down for abit and start slinging paint.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-27 8:26 pm   Permalink

Well I can't top Swanky's present, but I got a set of buck bros bench chisels

Which by the way, Coontiki (benzart) taught me how to sharpen!

They're pretty sharp!

gap

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-27 11:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-27 10:33, Swanky wrote:
A new house...

Awwww... I got one of those too this fall. Didn't everyone?

But congrats Swanky! Now get started on that tiki bar!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 5:17 pm   Permalink

MELE Kalikimaka!!
Glad to see everyone getting tiki related gifts. Tiki's rule.
I got a small chisel set from Lee Valley, and an "Oceanic Arts" book. The bummer is, I got a new place to live with the g-friend, and NO place to carve! I'll have to drive to my dad's house, where all my stuff is stored. Definately throws a brick into the gears. Already looking for a new place!!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 8:09 pm   Permalink

M I C R O M O T O R. Hallelujah!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 8:35 pm   Permalink

Tiki Santa was great to me this year! I got a new workmate to carve on, I got a set of flexcuts (the 6 piece starter set, which gets me a great set of smaller stuff to use with my sculptors set that I had), some dental picks for small stuff.
I also got a Ukulele, a beautiful one from Costco - I never thought about playing one, but I saw this one at costco and wanted it. It's koa and abalone. It's been really fun to play with.

Of course I've also managed to pick up some wrist problems/carpal tunnel since I started carving, so I'm on somewhat of a break from carving.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 8:39 pm   Permalink

Sis Hiltiki here. Santa was kind enough to bring me Flexicut carving tools, a few boxes. Let's hope I put them to good use. Santa also got me a few books recommended by TC Ohana.
Maori Art by Barrow
The Art of Maori Carving by Mead
Carved Histories by Neich
Sharpening Basics by Spielman
I am happy happy happy...

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-29 12:05 pm   Permalink

Santa was good to me this year (he must have had some misinformation). I got a new bandsaw, Flexcut chisels, Henry Taylor chisels, a nice resperator, The Book of Tiki (now I see what all the fuss was about), and to top it all off - a signed print from Thor!!!!

Oh yeah and a pair of flip-flops with a bottle opener built-in!

Now that I have some decent tools I guess I have to step up my carving.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-01 1:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-28 20:39, hiltiki wrote:
Sis Hiltiki here...

Duh!!!

Changed the title, Hil!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 12:12 pm   Permalink

Santa brought me a Chainsaw, a new power tool pack (drill, circular saw, reciprocating saw, dustbuster, flashlight) Dremel stuff (sanding/grinding kit, Carving kit, plunge router and router bits) and a shp-vac to clean up afterwards. yeah for me, I just hope I can retain all of my fingers and limbs.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 12:56 pm   Permalink

Oh, and I got a wake up call. My friend came over New Years who had helped at Coon Tiki with the tables. I showed him the bar and he says "which did you carve?" Um, uh...

I learned all the good stuff and then spent the entire summer using the earth gouge chisel known as a shovel instead. I hope next summer I get back at it. I have a nice open lanai and a work shop in the new house.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 12:58 pm   Permalink

well santa brought me 200 bucks in dickblick gift cards....so santa just paid for a few new gouges and a whole mess of 1shot paint!!! wooohooooo...come on ups guy!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation