FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki 1972 Oceanic Arts Polynesian Lighting Catalog
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
1972 Oceanic Arts Polynesian Lighting Catalog
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-02 8:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much for posting this tikijackelope. It's the bee's knees

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-02 8:47 pm   Permalink

My husband I really enjoyed looking through the catalog. Really got our creative juices flowing. We need more lamps for the Forbidden Island lounge ( our home bar), and if we can't buy 'em will make 'em!
Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see other lamp catalogs!

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-03 12:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-02 20:47, exotica59 wrote:
We need more lamps for the Forbidden Island lounge ( our home bar), and if we can't buy 'em will make 'em!

That's the spirit! After so many folks picked up their chisels, it's now time to get into basketry! Get some baskets, Tapa, fishnet, nautical rope and cork and so on and have fun. Some TCers have already begone and come up with some cool designs.

I wish I would have had more room in the BOT to devote to Poly Pop lamps, they have always been among my favorite objects.

I used to have a lamp brochure from the Sea and Jungle store, but it got "lost" (lent out to unknown/never returned). Next to O.A. and Orchids they were the largest Poly Pop lamps dealer. Design borrowing was common. But a lot of lamps were also made up by the decorators on the spot while building a Tiki restaurant.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-03 1:44 pm   Permalink

EXOTICA59? did you see my pics in collecting tiki? those 4 lamps hung in KON TIKI Cleveland.not wired but a good start.

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-07 12:20 am   Permalink

Now THAT's Tiki archeology the way it used to be all the time around here...Great post. I have a fairly recent catalog and it's not half as jam packed as this one..Imagine...a 35-INCH PUFFERFISH LAMP?? Geez!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 6:03 pm   Permalink

lookie here!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation