FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki coco joes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
coco joes
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 04:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-08 10:48, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
My CCJ 205:
I cannot tell, but it looks like the eyes on this one are different than yours

Yours looks like pearl/bead eyes...I've seen yellow shells used on some Tiki eyes also-
------------------------------------------------------------- Aloha Freddie: Got a quick question for you regarding this fine cocojoes product:

I was just wondering: Do you keep your orange and green talking display in the living room next to your plasma TV, or is it over on the scanner table? Does it run on batteries? You DO have one, right?
--------------------------------------------------------------
You mean the one that needs to be blown up and is posable and uses batteries....Dohhh Wrong forum Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 4:40 pm   Permalink

Hey Freddie.
If one of those talking displays comes up on ebay, I just want to let you know, it's mine! I'm hitting that thing BIG! I thought I'd put it on my nightstand to tell me Coco Joes bedtime stories as I drift off into the Magical Kingdom of My Tikiland dreams. Like the story of how the 36-093 Fire Dancer rides his flaming...
Oops! wrong thread. My bad!

Too bad Zaya isn't in Da Lava Club. She's missing out on some great club PM newsletters.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 03:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-08 10:22, Zaya wrote:
So what else are you holding out on us? I'm looking forward to seeing more!

--- Here's one of the stranger pieces I've seen,Kind of Big Daddy Roth/Rat Fink style lava figure

This Company is a trophy house and still in business...The lady I bought it from , at swapmeet, said this was a religious figure...when I told her it was a lady holding a bowling ball, she wouldn't believe me!! She must've been in the sun too long...Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 12:24 pm   Permalink

Oh wow, she's cute! I've never seen one of those before. That's so funny about the swapmeet lady! You have to watch out for them, sometimes they have more things going on than being out in the sun too long! My favorite line from our swapmeet here is from this one old guy that says, "Everything's Almost Free!" What a bunch of characters. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I just bought my tickets to HNL today for a quick visit 7Jul-13Jul. I've always promised my 7 year old son that I'd take him some day and now it's official. Wish it could be longer, but we'll take what we can get. Come on Freddie, help me get Buzzy to come too!

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 5:55 pm   Permalink

Come on Buzzy!! You can Dooo IIITTTTT!!!! You really need some time to relax...uuumm,HAha, I mean,to do scientific TIKI research...chanting "GOGOGOGOGO...to...HAWAIIHAWAIIHAWAII"helps sink it in. Aloha, Freddie

khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 11:14 am   Permalink

Here's the latest update of my Coco Joes collection. I now have 5 of the black lava placques and 2 lava figurines. I'm planning a shelf to display the Coco Joes collection. I have a piece of old weathered barnwood that I think is going to be perfect for the shelf. I'm going to try my hand at carving some brackets to support the shelf. I'll have the figures on the shelf and the placques on the wall behind. Haven't figured out yet how to light them. Lighting is everything with these dark pieces.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 3:48 pm   Permalink

I found this old Coco Joes TV antenna. My reception is so much better now!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-18 15:48, ookoo lady wrote:
I found this old Coco Joes TV antenna. My reception is so much better now!

Looks like you have the UHF antenna. You can get PBS now.
I have the VHF antenna version Is Magnum still on channel 8?

It has what has been dubbed the "secret society" stamp

Quote:

On 2007-02-18 11:14, khan_tiki_mon wrote:
Here's the latest update of my Coco Joes collection. Haven't figured out yet how to light them. Lighting is everything with these dark pieces.

Nice acquisitions! That's almost my whole wish list right there. I also am entertaining the idea of lit shelves for my pieces. I was thinking of using those ropes of light, and routering a channel in the underside of each shelf and placing the light rope in the channel, obscurred from view. The pieces would be lit from above. I've seen people light their mug shelves like this and it may work. Let us know what you decide and how it works.
I'm going to update my collection when I hit 200 pieces. Should only be another day or two...

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 12:23 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 15:09 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 8:35 pm   Permalink

Buzzy suggested that rope lighting in the shelves. That's a good idea and I've looked at that rope lighting before. The only thing I wonder about is that the rope lighting doesn't last forever. It's not like you can replace a bulb. However you install it you need to be able to change it out. Does anyone have experience with the rope lighting?

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-28 01:49 am   Permalink

Some older CCJ pendants and a HIP figure from a recent Collector Show.

Aloha, Freddie

tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-28 9:26 pm   Permalink

I love this thread. I've got some Coco Joe's but not nearly the collection alot of you have. I was in Indianapolis this week for a funeral and stopped at an antique mall and found a 6" dancing hula girl. There was no price tag so I took it to the counter and the guy said hold on I'll call the booth owner. I came back later after finding the only other good thing in the place(a Jim Beam King Kamehameha decanter) and the guy says the buyer came in and took the hula girl home with her and it wasn't for sale. So check ebay for her soon. Weird.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kel Varnsen

Posted: 2007-03-12 2:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-16 15:27, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Here's all my Coco Joe's HIP stuff:

Buzzy Out!

[ This Message was edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-01-17 15:41 ]

Hey I was just wondering if Buzzy or anyone else knew the name of the tall, black Tiki in the middle. I have the same one but the tag is long gone and I have been trying to find out who he is.

View Profile of Kel Varnsen Send a personal message to Kel Varnsen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 2:31 pm   Permalink

On 2007-03-12 14:00, Kel Varnsen wrote:
Quote:

Hey I was just wondering if Buzzy or anyone else knew the name of the tall, black Tiki in the middle. I have the same one but the tag is long gone and I have been trying to find out who he is.

Hola Kel:
Here's the tag on the hapawood version:

Have a great day, and welcome to TC.
Buzzy Out!

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 2:35 pm   Permalink

Anyone got the tag for this one?

All I have is the remnants of an orange tag.
Thanks
Buzzy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation