FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki coco joes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
coco joes
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 05:45 am   Permalink

Old Coco Joe pendant, replica of an actual Akua ka'ai image, said to be used for sorcery and found at an old factory location ..................................................

Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-12 03:32 am   Permalink

The oldest looking Lava Tiki in the collection, unmarked except for Hawaii on the front of base, aprox 3 1/2" tall

Lava looking back

Warrior with same type of back Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 03:38 am   Permalink

You guys have elevated this to a level on a par with the study of real artifacts. Comparative analysis, archaeological digs, hours spent studiously poring over long-forgotten documents....I love it! So when's the next instalment?

[ This Message was edited by: Paipo 2007-06-21 03:38 ]

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 04:34 am   Permalink

Right here Paipo, more lava back figures...

One of your favorites, found in the wild, really wild...
Aloha, Freddie

TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 10:43 pm   Permalink

Okay.....Where the hell is that Coco Joe Book and who the hell is doing it??? I thought I had a half decent collection but there is just sssooooo much out there! I love this posting!! Keep them coming everyone! TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aguillard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-23 2:42 pm   Permalink

Here are some links to my Collections such as Coco Joe's, HIP, Fran Schirman, I will start working on adding my Poly Arts stuff along with additions to Joe's and other companies wares:

CoCo Joe's
http://sdbirds.basiclink.com/coco_joe.htm

HIP http://sdbirds.basiclink.com/hawaiian_island_products.htm

Frank Schirman http://sdbirds.basiclink.com/frank_schirman.htm

KC Company http://sdbirds.basiclink.com/KC_Company.htm

Aloha

View Profile of Aguillard Send a personal message to Aguillard  Email Aguillard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-08 6:03 pm   Permalink

Lots of great stuff here, thanks everyone who's posting pics. Thought I'd post one today. For some reason I'm always intrigued by some of the "bastard child" ones, like this offspring in the middle below...

Both parents flanking on the left and right are HIP originals, but the one in the middle is not. Just says, "Made in Hilo Hawaii" on the bottom, and has a non-branded paper label on the back with a couple general sentences about "Temple Images".

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 05:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-08 18:03, aquarj wrote: For some reason I'm always intrigued by some of the "bastard child" ones, like this offspring in the middle below...

Both parents flanking on the left and right are HIP originals, but the one in the middle is not. Just says, "Made in Hilo Hawaii" on the bottom, and has a non-branded paper label on the back with a couple general sentences about "Temple Images".

-Randy

Never seen that one! Mahalo, Randy...Another bastard from Hilo (center) and Saipan
Aloha, Freddie

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 6:22 pm   Permalink

Part of my Coco Joes and HIP collection...

This does not include the lighters, ashtrays, napkin holders,bottle openers, letter openers, pen sets and assorted other items!

PTD, you all know by now

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 7:28 pm   Permalink

Nice collection of lava, dude!! What are the sizes on some of those bigger pieces..ie~Lono. thanx for postin the pix.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 7:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-11 19:28, FreddieBallsomic wrote:
Nice collection of lava, dude!! What are the sizes on some of those bigger pieces..ie~Lono. thanx for postin the pix.

Freddie,

Thanks for the looking...the biggest pieces are 11 1/2 to 12 inches tall!

PTD

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-07-11 19:35 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 3:25 pm   Permalink

New one direct from the Chicago area via my dad.

Never seen this one before (don't remember seeing it in this thread).

Anyone know anything about it?

OK, my bad, I just checked all 11 pages. How about these?

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and it's a blessing, not a curse)!

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-07-16 15:41 ]

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 5:53 pm   Permalink

Hey PSD. Nice collection you got there.
Here's the large lava version, the large hapawood version, and the small hapawood version of one of your pieces:

there is also an in between version with the holes in the back filled

Large lava version tag:

The pen holder tiki design was also used on these two:

Wait a couple hours and House of Ku will post the nine hundred other things this same tiki was used on that I do not have.

Speaking of Freddie, here's the zodiac pendants he posted a while back:

And I cannot tell if your double eyed guy has jeweled eyes like mine does:

bottom markings:

Buzzy Out!

[ This Message was edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-07-17 17:59 ]

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 6:04 pm   Permalink

Here's the filled in large version on the left. The chic on the right freaks me out.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 04:05 am   Permalink

Some info on the menehune opener
I believe the one without the rinestone eyes is older. Aloha, Freddie

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation