FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki coco joes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
coco joes
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 2:10 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-01-10 11:00, aquarj wrote:
As I recall, only two have tikis, including one of the ones you posted. The other one is Leo / "Hilinaehu".

-------------------------------------------------------------- Complete Zodiac
Mahalo Randy for checking in, when you get a chance, how's about showing us some of your Lava "Gems" from your collection Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 12:20 pm   Permalink

Freddie: As we say out here, "Muchos Thankos!"

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 2:14 pm   Permalink

All these great designs with a really distinctive style - someone out there must know who sculpted this stuff?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 2:38 pm   Permalink

One of the "old timer" carpenters I was working with said he used to work at Coco Joes back in the day and he remembers one of the sculptors name being "Andy", he couldn't remember the last name. Maybe BigBro has that info in one of those awesome Lavaflow newsletters? Freddie

[ This Message was edited by: HOUSE OF KU 2007-01-11 14:39 ]

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 06:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-26 16:53, Paipo wrote:
Not the most comely of wahines, is she G - Guess what Paipo, she has sisters...

Aprox 1 in. fertility goddess pendant
Sorry Folks...last but not least her sister................

Last chance to turn away......................................

Aprox 5 1/2" ashtray...I've seen a larger version, about 9"...CCJ didn't have alot of topless women, but these seem to have gone under the radar I think this one is called "Come and get it" Aloha, Freddie

[ This Message was edited by: HOUSE OF KU 2007-01-13 04:51 ]

ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 5:01 pm   Permalink

Here's front-and-back photos of some bigger Coco Joes pendants. They're about 2.5 inches across.

The ones with the asian symbols say "double happiness" and "long life" on the back. I've seen another on e-bay that said "health".

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 7:56 pm   Permalink

...and "love"

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 02:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-02 12:22, Paipo wrote:
...the Lovestick is my new favourite piece -

---------------Heres the companion piece Paipo,

Aloha, Freddie

HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 02:43 am   Permalink

Some variations on the Ku pendant ---------------------------

Aloha, Freddie

aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-14 10:47 pm   Permalink

Thought I'd contribute some more images to this thread. Some nice stuff on here! First some followups to some earlier posts...

Here's another one of the chinese character pendants, this one for good luck.

And some more of the "fertility girl".

Here's the biggie ashtray that Freddie referred to. She's called "Twinkle Toes" on the paper label.

Some more of them - note the smaller one on the left with the magic sparkling nipples! I really like the two in the middle - they're by HIP, and sort of a before and after.

Someday when someone does the great book on lava tourist stuff, they'll go into some of the interesting variations on the stamps they put on the bottoms of the figures. Coco Joes seemed to have some special stamps they used for some of their more unusual ones.

This stamp is a little different, and only seems to be on a few figures. Kinda looks like the seal of some secret society.

The amoeba stamp with handwriting seems to be on some of the nicer Legends in Lava kind of stuff. The one on the left is the chrome dome guy that Freddie posted, and the one on the right is a nice big lava girl figure.

Here's the upright view of the lava girl on the right from the above pic. I like the ones that have that theme of an alluring female emerging from a lava background. Here's some more...

The one on the right has the "secret society" stamp on the bottom.

And here's some more ones I thought I'd post.

Dig the finish on the Alii Gold series.

I think the one on the left is a coaster; not sure what the one on the right is.

Side view of the two from above.

Hope you enjoy these! Seems like there's always new discoveries with these, so keep em coming!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 01:41 am   Permalink

Keep it up, I'm loving all this stuff....except this!

The horror!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 02:05 am   Permalink

Mahalo for posting those lovelies Randy!! I've seen some thats still on the wish list A couple more HIP (Rascals) before and afters

I personally like this CoCo Joe Logo---------------------------

Is it me, or does that look like a pair of boobies?? Aloha, Freddie

HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 02:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-15 01:41, Paipo wrote:
Keep it up, I'm loving all this stuff....except this!

The horror!

Boohoohaaahaahhhha Sorry, Paipo...I had to get her into the lineup early....I hope this vision isn't seared into your memory bank, flashing up at will when you're trying to sleep.

ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 08:29 am   Permalink

Here are my pen holders. I remove the pen holding part, and hang them on the wall like plaques. I've posted most of these before, but those shutterfly links eventually turn into little red x's.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 2:39 pm   Permalink

Dear All My New Cocojoes Friends:
If any of you have time in your busy schedules, could you post more pictures of these Alii Gold series tikis?

Thank you very much,
Buzzy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation