[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Kanaka Maoli Ki'i Carving Class
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Kanaka Maoli Ki'i Carving Class
Alldo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-06 7:31 pm   Permalink

Nice carving and good tip on the saltwater soaking. I have a tiki that I started and I abandoned it because it was cracking like Chris Rock in New Jack City. Can't wait to see more of your work

View Profile of Alldo Send a personal message to Alldo  Email Alldo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 10:10 pm   Permalink

Hey, TR. Just wanted to extend a big aloha on behalf of myself and the whole TC crew. You will make us all jealous livin' the island life and learning about tiki carving from the Ohana. Excellent tiki. I obtained a piece of Hau wood in Maui last November - also some "Milo", though I've not carved it yet. My Hau piece looks a lot darker than yours (maybe just the pix?), but it is a beautiful dark brown wood and looks like a nice carve. Are you from Maui, or one of the other islands? Tell us more about your uncle and clan. Details, man!

Aloha,

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-07 08:27 am   Permalink

Aloha TR, mahalo for joining TC and for the pics and the tips.
For a long time we had very few island guys here. Now more of you are joining, it's good. Keep posting.

Jungle Trader Vic

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-07 7:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-06 10:49, TR wrote:

The name is Tim Reis (T.R.)

Now we know what you do when you are not playing saxophone for the Rolling Stones!!!

By the way, love the new "Rolling Stones Project" jazz cd. Met you at Yoshee's in Oakland the night you played for the second set. Awesome show! You look slightly different, probably cause your relaxing and off tour now.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation