FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving My First Post
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
My First Post
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 10:35 am   Permalink

Great progress on the lower half , he looks like he has been at the gym.
Cant wait to see more.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 11:15 am   Permalink

hey alldo...really digging your Lono.....keep pushing ahead...we're all going to love this
one!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 12:32 pm   Permalink

Cool looking tikis in this forum thread, nice work. good luck with the new project, it's looking cool.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alldo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-23 11:09 pm   Permalink

Kaha Ki'i thats a cool story about your car. The first year I did it with my son the car didn't even get across the finish line. I got the major stink eye from junior. I had him help with the building of the car. How was I to know it was a major deal. When I was a Cub Scout in 73 I entered the Pinewood Derby. My car was all my design. I had pops cut out the basic shape and I fine tuned it with this giant half round bastard file that I remembered weighing a ton. I Slapped some orange paint that mom had lying around on it and I thought it was bitchen! Got to the race and I soon found out that my car looked pretty ugly compared to most of the other cars the kids ( Dads ) built. I even got a few giggles when people saw my car. Little did I know that my bro in law and my dad had fine tuned the little racer with some new stuff back then called liquid graphite! Man I tell you what, people stoped laughing when they saw an orange blur win heat after heat! I was loving it and thought to myself " I knew this design would be fast" Make a long story longer I made it to the finals and took third place. I was stoked! Pops and my Bro in law were pissed. Something about a bad lane blah blah blah. My First trophy, ever. I still have it in my office. Real wood and metal with a woman with giant wings holding a torch. I was so Amped I went to all the houses in my neighborhood and showed them my trophy. I'll email a picture of it tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. I should have some progress pics on the lono tomorrow

-Alldo

View Profile of Alldo Send a personal message to Alldo  Email Alldo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 1:41 pm   Permalink

That tiki is looking a lot like your Governor when he was younger. That is a new take on tikis. Nice detail work.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alldo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-02 3:33 pm   Permalink

Well a couple of weeks and many changes have me to this point. Much different than the first few pictures. It was fun to change him when what I was doing didn't work out. Many times I left him in the garage to seek comfort from hops and barley. I couple of times I wanted to start a new project and move on but hey that's carving right. Finish sanding and a few tine ups and he should be ready. Let me know what you think.

-Alldo

View Profile of Alldo Send a personal message to Alldo  Email Alldo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 3:56 pm   Permalink

this is gonna be really nice alldo.....you did a super job with the wave-tongue....
looks like you are working hard to create a very cool tiki.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 4:15 pm   Permalink

Really excellent job..nice and clean, can't wait to see the next one.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 4:57 pm   Permalink

That is a fine looking Lono! Great effort sticking with it & not taking the easy out. And look how nice it came out. Oh, wait - it's not done yet...

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 6:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-02 15:33, Alldo wrote:
It was fun to change him when what I was doing didn't work out. Many times I left him in the garage to seek comfort from hops and barley. I couple of times I wanted to start a new project and move on but hey that's carving right.

-Alldo

Sometimes it is okay to walk away for awhile. I often start a carving before one is finished ....maybe thats what I am doing wrong. Or its the ADD. Today I passed a truck and it .....oh wait ,what was I saying?
Really nice work.
Any idea on the color or type of finish your going to use?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alldo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-02 9:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks Conga, Ona, Aaron and Rodeo. I worked a little more on him tonight and should be ready for finishing next week. Aaron, I like the finish you did on your last Lono. Like yours, I would like to give him a antique finish with different colors of stain . I might need to pull up your old thread and follow your steps. Again thanks for the props.

-Alldo

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 06:57 am   Permalink

Looks like the hops and barley helped out. It looks like this was a challenging piece and you pulled it off very nicely. I like the surfer wave mouth.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation