FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 2:35 pm   Permalink

When I started getting into the Polynesian Thing and collecting mugs and recipes and all, my Dad got interested in it as well. So we often chat about cool mugs, or something on eBay or how he and my Mom are going to do the upcoming Tiki room in their basement. Heck, we even go out and hit the flea markets when I get back home for visits.

So, being the creative guy that he is, he got inspired by the Tiki Bob mugs he got me (San Francisco) and my Mom (San Francisco and Sacramento) for Christmas. Consequently, he decided to try and give carving a chance, and figured Bob would be an easy one to start with. So he sent me these pics, and I wanted to put them out here for everybody to see, because I’m pretty proud of ‘em.

Doing the rough work.

a bit of detailing...

Bob coming along nicely.

He also took a shot at making a volcano mug last year, after seeing the Coco Joe’s one in Tiki Quest…

I also know he's been know to prowl around here (and post a time or two) and would probably really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for looking!

[ This Message was edited by: Helz 2010-02-18 13:44 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 2:43 pm   Permalink

I love it. Can't wait to see the finished Bob.

The mug is fabulous also. The color is great.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 4:15 pm   Permalink

Looks like he nailed it...very cool work.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 4:27 pm   Permalink

Tiki Bob is one of my favorite tikis. Your Pop has/is doing a great job! I like the volcano mug too. It must be great to have tiki as a common interest with your Dad. How lucky does a fella get?

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 4:48 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2006-01-11 13:59 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 4:56 pm   Permalink

Yes It looks like a perfect large replica. Your pop has the "Hands" of a carver
Did you get talent from him??
Nice post.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alldo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-10 10:00 pm   Permalink

Pops got skills. Nice job. You can teach an old dog new tricks eh. Tiki hold no age limitations

View Profile of Alldo Send a personal message to Alldo  Email Alldo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-11 08:41 am   Permalink

Aloha!
Nice work bruddah...pretty cool your ohana has taken to the "tiki"! Tell pops to keep up the good work!

Malama Pono!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-11 08:51 am   Permalink

I was going to try carving a "Bob" a while back, but as I started laying it all out I realized that Bob's not as easy as he looks! Your Pop is doing an outsatnding job there!!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-11 12:20 pm   Permalink

Wow!!! Those are killer!!! I *really* dig 'em. Please post a pic of finished Tiki Bob!

I'd LOVE one of each

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-11 9:50 pm   Permalink

Your pop's a natural!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-12 06:48 am   Permalink

Did he use chisels at all or just sanders, rasps, sandpaper, etc?

I really, really like the volcano mug, especially the place to put the flame, or is it for dry ice? Either one would look great!

I see you have 2 kinds of limes, I'd say the little ones are "Key Limes," are the others Mexicans or Persians/Bearss?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-12 08:33 am   Permalink

I wouldn't put a flame near that wooden mug. What a cool mug. I really liked that mug when I saw it in Quest and your mug, looks just like it. I figured that the mug, had two openning for pouring. Whatever it is, its cool.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 09:44 am   Permalink

Those are awesome!

Would your pop mind adopting me?

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 09:56 am   Permalink

Tell your Dad "great job!" I fixed a tiki drink for my dad for the first time a few weeks ago (a Reverb Crash) and he liked it. I was thrilled! Funny how as adults we still seek approval from our parents.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation