FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 06:17 am   Permalink

YeSSs, PopTiki, I really love that Oily look.Man, you are really goin' to town with these glazes. It is SO Great watching you have so much fun!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2006-07-08 08:26 am   Permalink

Chugga chugga chugga, POPTIKI!!!...Chugga chugga chugga, POPTIKI???

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 11:49 am   Permalink

I'm back to give an update. Besides the daily grind I have been working on a modified version of the volcano mug for a TCers' home bar. With their permission I'm going to put up some pics of the process.

I started with a complete new mold for the project. The basic design remained the same but a complete new bottom was done on the model as well as a reshaped cup on the top. An area for lettering was added to the back near the bottom for the bar name.

With a new color for the lava and the addition of yellow for the lettering it was a bit challenging at times. We worked together to achieve their goal of a mug which would fit their bar.

Here are a few of the process pics.

It will be a while before we get back to volcanos again but I know we'll be doing a few more later on.

The lettering on the test bisque piece.

During the glazing.

Close look at lettering.

During the fire.

Helz checking out the inferno.

Almost to temp.

The finished product.

They were shipped and delivered and I'm looking foreward to seeing them in their new home.

That's about it. This tells the story and thanks for checking it out.

Whew, more stuff in the works.
Thanks for all your support,

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 3:32 pm   Permalink

Pop, the Big Woo tribe will be extremely happy! I know I am w/my first run volcano original!

Keep up the great work!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 5:02 pm   Permalink

Pop, Awesome is the Woo! Is the indent in the opening for one's beak? I Love it. They fire beautifully. Meh want one.

Mahalo

Mc

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 5:31 pm   Permalink

Wow!!! The Woo!!!!

Great job!! Can't wait to see these in person.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-10 1:08 pm   Permalink

We here at the Big Woo thank you, poptiki.. for creating such an incredible piece just for us. I know how hard you worked on these and we made so many decisions and changes. The end result, as everyone can see, is nothing short of spectacular!

The colors are beautiful and the lettering.. just perfect! Not a single mug was lost in shipping. They fit the mood and add that certain touch to the Woo.

The skulls and the BigBenz approve, I think.

Dealing with poptiki was such a pleasant experience. He was so thoughtful during the entire process. Always in contact regarding changes/ideas. The man knows what he is doing and does it with style. THANK YOU again, pop! We LOVE them!!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 7:51 pm   Permalink

I love my poptiki volcano mug!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 07:48 am   Permalink

Very professional

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 6:30 pm   Permalink

I wish to thank you all for your replies.

Blacksandz, I'm glad you are pleased with yours.

McTiki, thank you.

OnaTiki, I hope they live up to your expectations.

TikiTikiBoom, Thank you for your pics and your kind words. I am
glad our efforts turned out so well.

Tikiwahine, Late Happy Bday. What a cool pic, nice way to celebrate. Thank you.

teaKey, Thank you also. This may be the biggest reason why I enjoy this so much.

poptiki

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2006-09-03 11:44 am   Permalink

MISSING: PopTiki

If found please report to proper authorities.

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 2:50 pm   Permalink

Yeah, Poptiki, where are you. The Big woo mugs were a Perfect fit, I Love what you did with them. What else have you been working on, c'mon, 'fess up??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 3:33 pm   Permalink

What a cool thread, from a carver to a one-man mug factory in a few pages. That Tiki Bob is superb. You doing any more carving?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 7:38 pm   Permalink

Ok, My apologies all...it's my fault that Pop hasn't been out here more. Rita and I just moved back to Colorado, and so I've had him helping us settle into our new place.

One of the thing I asked him to do was make me a Bob for my UTR (Upcoming, Un-named, Un-enchanted Tiki Room).

And interestingly enough, Today he showed me what he did, so here goes...

and one for scale..

I don't know much about the construction...but I do know that there was a lot of pink foam scraps all over the garage.

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 7:51 pm   Permalink

wow, it's so totally fantastic helz & pops, fantastic job!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation