FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 8:45 pm   Permalink

HUGE! HUGE! HUGE! HUGE! That's freakin' HUGE!

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-04 06:23 am   Permalink

Wow, That Bob Is utterly amazing, foam or not. Don't you EVER Comandeer him Away from us AGAIN! making the poor old man help you move and unworthy stuff like that, you'd think he was Your dad or something. 'SOK This time but Don't let it happen again.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-04 08:36 am   Permalink

Jonsey, I'm still here and I'll PM you.

Benz, I need some expert advice so you'll be hearing from me.

Paipo, thank you for the comments and yes, there is usually something going on around here.

tekoteko, Helz wanted big and he got it.

Here are some other pics of this event.

Like the color?

Starting the faux wood.

Got some eyes.

A profile so you can see it's only the front half, doesn't take up so much room that way.

Took this last night in the dark.

He's headed to his new home this morning.

I got the idea after seeing a site where a bike builder uses this stuff to shape fuel tanks for the bikes he builds. It's pretty messey stuff because of the static when your working it.

It's not very organic but it makes that size something a guy can handle.

It gave me much pleasure to do this for them, nuff said.

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2006-09-04 08:53 ]

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 08:28 am   Permalink

Pop,
You never fail to amaze. I cant wait to get out and visit to see this guy in person.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 5:05 pm   Permalink

Loki,

He'll be in the guest room waiting for ya. You know you're welcome anytime.

(of course, I don't know if I could sleep with this thing staring at me...)

Helz

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 7:44 pm   Permalink

Awesome thread man! No idea how I have missed this for so long!

Great looking volcano mugs and the various tiki bob incarnations are awesome too!

Now you just gotta make the right scale decorated swizzle stick for big bob

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 02:56 am   Permalink

Hey Loki, come on out, we'll have a good time. Maybe we could bumble around in the garage and I could learn some things from you. I know Helz would love to have you and Stump come out.

Hewey, Helz wanted to do that right from the start and we talked about it, but I'm the bad guy because I told him it didn't need it. But, who knows what might happen.

Thank you guys,

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 07:29 am   Permalink

Holy moly! That's a beauty!!! Good going Pop.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 12:13 pm   Permalink

Holy mother of... That's beautiful work, but... but... it would freak the bejeezus out of me at night!

"Honey, what was that noise?"

"Bob moved. I swear he moved..."

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 4:30 pm   Permalink

Hey guys, a few updates.

We did some stocking up today to give us a little reserve.
Helz got some new tools so he needs something to test drive them on.
Can't wait to see the chips fly.

During the fun, after the window shopping.

What we brought home from the store.

We've also tried a few different things in the garage and I'll try to put something
up later tonight.

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2006-11-19 07:02 ]

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 5:01 pm   Permalink

Great thread! and great family too! I love the big woo!! and the carving is very cool too! Congrats!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-13 5:36 pm   Permalink

I said I would put up a few more pics and here they are. This little cup was a test of mold making from a carved rather than sculpted subject. The carving is not my work as you can well see. We wanted to see if this would work or if it was possible to pull the detail from a carved wooden object. My choice was the typical touristy mugs I got at the flea market. I think I've said enough so here it is. Don't beat me up too badly for using someone else's work.

This is the subject with one of the cups glazed and the bottom of one in bisque.

I've done volcanos for other folks and have yet to have my own so this is a test for mine. Guess that's about it for now.

Thanks
pop

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2006-11-19 07:06 ]

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-13 8:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-04 08:36, poptiki wrote:

Like the color?

Albino Bob!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-15 7:45 pm   Permalink

Glad to see ya back in action Poptiki!!! I like the looks of da cups you got there! Choice molasses glaze bands with rough bisque body? SsweeetT! They look to be the perfect size for serving a little high octane, maybe?!! Nice lava colors to volcano...about time ya made yourself one! I was just admiring mine tonight, as I jockey the Poptiki Volcano to the top shelf of my tiki display case!!!

What's the wood for anyway??? Are ya cold already or gonna whittle a few tiki cups this winter???

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 10:53 am   Permalink

Yaeh, Pop, Glad to see you back. I Love those 'Touristy mugs, I think they turned out great.
Saw all your 'Big Woo" mugs At the Big Woo a few weeks ago and I even came home with one so now I am the proud owner of 2 Volcano mugs. THANKS Pop.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation