FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 07:54 am   Permalink

Clarita, thank you. I can't take the credit here. Things here are a group effort and we all contribute.

freddie, I thought pink was in. Guess not, huh?

Jonesey, thank you once again for your support and friendship. I wish everyone could know what a really GOOD person you are.

Benz, meeting you was a high point for me and I do want to thank you also for your advise and help that you so freely offer. I am glad you enjoy the mug.

O.K. Now, the shopping we did isn't for the fireplace. We seem to like turning pieces of wood into a pile of chips on the floor. Some day I hope to find out what is inside one of those logs before it's all gone. It takes a talent to see it in there and so far I guess my eyes aren't quite adjusted right.

Doesn't mean I'll quit trying.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 08:29 am   Permalink

Excellent work on the Big Bob. Fantastic work Pop.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-22 5:46 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone,
I haven't been keeping up to date lately, but this is a mini update. We have been busy working on some things for our friends here on TC. We have also got some new things happening and I am not the guy to put the news out.

I wish I could tell you more but at this point it is not up to me so mum is the word. HEY! You guys know I might get a little excited now and then and this is one of those times. I'm having a hard time right now so I better leave well enough alone. Look out! You guys might like it.

Ol' pop

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-22 8:48 pm   Permalink

Just found this thread (since the past summer) The big woo mug and the Big Bob creation happened while I was relocating across the country, and otherwise indisposed for a bit. Wow - great job. 2 questions did you fiberglass Big Bob, and where can I send to get a big Woo, not one ... 2 big Woos, or alas are they all gone.
Those mugs are sooooo cool! I want to singe my eyebrows on one soooo badly!
Thanks, and again great work!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 3:38 pm   Permalink

Soooo.... are the Big Woos for sale anywhere?
I would love to add a couple to my collection.

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 02:19 am   Permalink

This is another project for a TCer. He's 30" and 40 lbs and ready to head home to tropical weather.

Maybe that's it for the "Bob's"

Here is a little hint of what's going on now. I know you will all recognize the artist and his work. This is an attempt to team up and see if we can make this work. Don't be upset with me my friend, but I just HAD to show this.

pop

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 03:09 am   Permalink

Wow Poptiki you have been busy! Another Big Bob he's fantastic... The little guys at the bottom are really great too! Thanks for sharing what you have been up to!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-15 9:47 pm   Permalink

pop...poP...POP...POPTIKI!!! Hey da big Woody Bobby is topps and da ceramic G-Bitah is aces! Bean missing you round here, ya outta be post'in more!

Keep'em coming slacker...need more, More, MORE...POPTIKI!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-16 02:31 am   Permalink

Tg, Traveling,

Thank you, to both of you. The winter season gives you cabin fever by spring time and I guess I needed to open the door and let a little "Sunshine" in.

Got a little something else cooking, and Traveling, you may know of which I speak.
You need to show us "YOUR" stuff too. You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

pop

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 11:00 am   Permalink

They look beautiful Pop. Thank you for all your hard work. I know it was tough on you. I hope they will be "pop"ular for you.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 1:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-15 02:19, poptiki wrote:

pop

Those are awesome, I'm amazed no-one has thought to do this sooner. The new bob rocks too - nice work Pop!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:07 pm   Permalink

Hey GMAN, it takes me a while sometimes but I think we've got it now.

Paipo, thank you. This wasn't my idea and the art is GMAN's work. G and Helz carved together at the Tiki Jam and G has provided Helz with a lesson work. We have tried pulling a mold from carved wooden pieces and it has worked so Helz asked G if we could try this with on of his pieces. I'm going to start a thread with just this project on it so you can see some of the process and failures along the way.

pop

cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 08:27 am   Permalink

Great work Pop! Glad to see you around again.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 5:17 pm   Permalink

Well, the heat in kiln has died down so I've got a little time again to show you TCers our latest efforts. My good friend Traveling Jones sent me a concept sketch some time ago.

Since we were in the middle of other projects it was on the shelf. From time to time I would do a little modeling and made some progress but did not get it complete. A few weeks ago his concept got placed on the front burner and this really moved along.

The point of this long winded post is that the Traveling Jones inspired concept drawing has come to life. Here are a few pics of P-3 AKA Tiki Bub.

That's the story. The close shots show brown eyes but we went with black instead.

Thanks for checking him out.

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 5:23 pm   Permalink

Tiki Bub is awesome! Another wonderful collaboration! Thanks for sharing your latest work!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation