FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-16 8:36 pm   Permalink

Pop-Rocks! Tiki JumBob...what a hoot!! Can you imagine the size of the Bar-nuts to go with that thing??? Great work poptiki and the volcano mug...drool is flowing like lava down my chin! --Roll up tongue and firmly close mouth,now. Keep up the great work and pic's coming!!!

Helztiki: Thanks for letting Pops come out and play!

waiter...uhmM..Waiter! Yes,'Grande-size' my Zombie puhleeze.
MAHALO --TravelingJones

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 06:03 am   Permalink

Haa Haa Haaaah!

TCers can sure make a guy feel good, and you have certainly made me feel good. If I have any interesting update pics I'll post them, but most of the stuff is pretty hum drum.

Oh, I'm no authority, more a bumbler, but from what I found out is that one way to deal with the "master" is to build your first plaster mold and then use urethane rubber to make a mold of the plaster pieces. Store the rubber "molds of a mold" until a new one is needed, if ever. Then pour another plaster mold from the urethane molds. It saves a step.

So, from what I've been told, put all the effort in the first time and benefit from it later if you need too.

Advice from Pop, use at your own risk.

Thanks
Poptiki

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 10:04 am   Permalink

Tiki carvings , Mugs and Hotrods ......Could you adopt me please!!!

Very cool stuff Pop's

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 4:17 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work Pop I'm workin' on my first mug????

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 4:45 pm   Permalink

Good luck with your mug, you'll have to post us some pics too.
This was my first try too. It is fun but labor intensive.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 6:39 pm   Permalink

Pop!Pop!Pop!Pop!Pop!...and the crowd goes wild......yea Poptiki!

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 6:40 pm   Permalink

Yes Pop DOES PopRocks. Excellent carving and Now he is a SUPER FArmer Too?? Look at the Size of those Fruits// A busy bar would only need 1 pineapple a day with Pop on the tractor...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-19 03:33 am   Permalink

tfisherart,

Your post went right by me. I've always known the hole in my record was a little off center but I didn't think I was that foggy brained. This really is my first attempt at mugs.

The reason I tried it is because I didn't know I couldn't do it. Sometimes things don't turn out too well but sometimes I get a surprise. It hasn't been easy, but it has been fun so far.

Pop

Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 07:38 am   Permalink

Lookin' real good so far Pop. Thank goodness you decided to take this task on, i know i wouldnt have a clue. Way to many steps for me.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 1:17 pm   Permalink

i love that giant Tiki Bob. I never really noticed how cute he is until i saw that picture. Awesome stuff, Pop, keep up the cool works!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-25 4:35 pm   Permalink

PoP!..tiki...PoP!..Tiki...POPTIKI! we wanna wanna, we wanna wanna POPTIKI! we wanna wanna, we wanna wanna..."Everybody Stand up, Clap your hands and Stomp yo'feets NOW...POPTIKI!!!"

Flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop-flippp...TravelingJones

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 02:58 am   Permalink

OK! OK! OK!

I told you guys I was sloooow.
Will post more pics later today.
I work better under >pressure<.

Is the fire out yet?

poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 6:18 pm   Permalink

Update:

We had a snag today and I'm currently working on some solutions.

So, no pics. Sorry.
I'll keep you informed.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 6:34 pm   Permalink

Well, get it fixed already, whatever it is that broke. We need you co carve more and Post more, We need our PopFix. Gimmegimmegimme

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-27 04:20 am   Permalink

Benzart, I thought you would be on my side.

HELP ME, HELP ME
Don,t let up you guys I can take the heat.

P.S. Hopefully good news soon!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation