FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki Statues at Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Statues at Target
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 12:13 am   Permalink

I like it!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 09:59 am   Permalink

Quote:
On 2006-01-17 10:37, AlohaStation wrote:
A Target in Pompano Beach, FL is now offering Bamoo "Tiki" bars and Bamboo covered gazebos. At first I thought my wife was joking but its true. Not fake bamboo - tikis going mainstream.

I really want one of those gazebos, or at least to see one.

They never made it to Houston - someone posted about them last year, but my stores had put away all their "summer" stuff (never mind that it's above 70 degrees for all but some of December, January and February!). And when I went this week, I was told, "We just put out our 'World Market' line [again!} and won't have summer items out for several more months."

Grrrrrr

And the online catalogue says they're now Out of Stock.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 10:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-18 20:23, tikipedia wrote:
Here is my personal favorite:

target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-2/qid=1137643286/ref=sr_2_2/601-2029063-8268948?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0009Z3K26" TARGET="_blank">Motion Detecting Tiki Bird Feeder.

From the product description:

1-way glass lets you watch birds up close
Motion detector alerts you when birds come to feed
Fill pole with bird food
Suction cups attach feeder to any window
For ages 8 yrs. and up

Do birds usually live more than 8 years? And who's going to check their ID's?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 10:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-18 15:33, Unga Bunga wrote:
Oh, and check out their killer target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1137626967/ref=sr_1_1/601-1590379-5817756?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0002L5RCS" TARGET="_blank">Tiki Stool.

WTF!!!

Although not "Tiki" on the surface, the Tiki Stool was designed by
TARGET="_blank">Eric Pfeiffer and is "inspired by Tiki mugs and barware from the 60's."

I'm glad to see that's available at Target. Design for the masses, man!
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 12:11 pm   Permalink

I went to the Target by my place today, and my Target was tiki-less, so no Target tiki at me Target. Here's a haiku about it:

No Target tikis!
I looked and looked all around!
I am tiki-less!

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 10:55 pm   Permalink

I saw the bird feeders at Target in Wichita, KS today...kinda neat in that a sensor causes a remote speaker to tell you a bird has landed...corny in that it says "Oooga Booga." It would be quite thematic with that snack thingie Spencers had last year.

No tikis or decorative stuff at all in the Garden sections...just the basic chemical and tool stuff...mostly that area is the world bazaar stuff at the moment.

Has *anyone* outside of CA seen the tiki stuff in their Targets, or is this going to be like Home Depot was last year?

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JimTandem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 11:22 am   Permalink

Quote:
I really want one of those gazebos, or at least to see one.

Formikahini, I would definately check the gazebo out in person before ordering one if you can. The local target by me in Corona, Ca. put out the whole Mai Tiki line of stuff in a big display. The gazebo was set up with the tiki bar off to the side, and with chairs and other items under the canopy.

It looked real nice as we approached, but I got to go over it closely. The canopy top is small metal poles painted to look like bamboo and it is attached to real bamboo poles that make up the base structure. Tapping on the real bamboo, it is very lightweight and to me felt a bit flimsy. I live in an area that gets occasionaly Santa Ana winds, and this past week we had wind gusts up to 45 mph. My opinion is that unless the fabric top had been removed, it would have snapped that gazebo no problem.

If winds aren't a problem for you, or you have a protected area to put it, you'll probably like it. One other thing... the pictures make it look like the bamboo is shiny, but the one I saw, had a very flat, dull finish. A coat of varnish could gloss it up and protect it I guess.

Good luck in your hunt.

[ This Message was edited by: JimTandem 2006-01-27 14:30 ]

View Profile of JimTandem Send a personal message to JimTandem  Email JimTandem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 09:23 am   Permalink

The Mai Tiki Bamboo bars were featured in Targets Sunday Sales Ad

target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-3/qid=1138641386/ref=sr_2_3/601-2867801-2147342?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000A6UMUW" target="_blank">http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-3/qid=1138641386/ref=sr_2_3/601-2867801-2147342?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000A6UMUW

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lovevw181
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-30 4:28 pm   Permalink

I gotta get the Mai Tiki Firebowl!!!! It is already spring out here in the desert so maybe the Target out here has them. I will have to check that out.

View Profile of lovevw181 Send a personal message to lovevw181  Email lovevw181     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 4:50 pm   Permalink

I saw the bamboo bar today. They just set up their Mai Tiki display at the local Target. I must say it's not bad. Not bad at all. It's a good sized bar with foot rest, "roof" from which you can hang puffer lamps, shelf for the booze and a small glass rack. Its no Bamboo Ben creation but for just $300 and the fact that its only a half mile away...I am very tempted! Even though I don't really need it right now.

I also think it could be easily dressed up/customized. Some palm fronds on the roof and a mask or weapon on the front of the bar and it could look pretty damn nice.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 5:27 pm   Permalink

I'm with you, Kono. Particularly when you view it as an "outside only" bar. Yes, it needs masks. Tiki string lights. Thatch on the roof. Can't compare with a lovingly-made custom bar, but that's for inside, right? Very tempted. Very tempted indeed. My attitude is: bide my time until the sale.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
romarchez
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-22 12:47 pm   Permalink

I just called our local Target store and they have them! Thanks for sharing! I'm so excited! I hope to pass by there this evening and purchase a few for my backyard. I'll try and take a photo and post on this site.

Quote:

On 2006-01-13 20:07, tikipedia wrote:
We were in the garden section of our local Target today, and saw they are carrying faux Tiki statues! They had at least 5 different designs. Only one was stone (cement?), and the rest were hollow plastic painted to look like wood. Except for the stone Tiki (with no price), they cost $39.99.

I assume this is part of their Spring garden inventory. If imitation is the ultimate form of flattery, then what does a hollow plastic copy of an imitation Polynesian statue mean?

View Profile of romarchez Send a personal message to romarchez      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
romarchez
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-27 11:11 am   Permalink

Went to our local Target last week and was able to buy 3 large, black tikis (36" high) and three small, black tikis (26" high). They were on sale. Smaller ones regularly $39.99 and on sale for $29.99. Larger ones orginally $49.99 and on sale for $39.99. They also come in brown, but the clerk said the brown ones were sold out the same day the sale was announced.

It's not made of wood, but resin the clerk said. It still seems pretty sturdy and can't wait to put outside.

Thanks for posting the find on tikiroom.com. I can't afford the $100-$200 wood tikis for my backyard and I am very happy with these!

View Profile of romarchez Send a personal message to romarchez      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Axtell

Posted: 2006-03-08 11:21 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone (first post)!

I saw these first hit target's ad about 2 weeks ago, and knew I needed a couple for the side yard which has a walkway to the backyard. Figured it would be a nice addition, and have been in to each of the 2 targets a total of 6 or 7 times, and never have I seen the brown ones, just the black one once. They say they sell them faster than they can get them in it seems.

I can't find them online, either. I just hope I don't miss out on them. I am planning on a couple of 'real' tiki statues from palm tree charlie, these would be perfect for the side.

View Profile of Axtell Send a personal message to Axtell  Email Axtell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPhil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 11:05 am   Permalink

Check this out. Someone is selling one of those Target tikis and claiming its from the 60s and made by Oceanic Arts.

TIKI-BAR-TIKI-POLE_W0QQitemZ7756733875QQcategoryZ29460QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/3-FOOT-TALL-VINTAGE-TIKI-BAR-TIKI-POLE_W0QQitemZ7756733875QQcategoryZ29460QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

View Profile of TikiPhil Send a personal message to TikiPhil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation