FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki Statues at Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Statues at Target
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 11:23 am   Permalink

That is very, very LOW. I feel sorry for the winning bidder.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPhil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 6:35 pm   Permalink

Unbelievable, that $40 Target tiki just went for $92 + $24 s/h. Should I contact the winning bidder and let them know that they got scammed. Or forget about it and let them think they got a great deal on a vintage Oceanic Arts original?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPhil 2006-04-10 20:49 ]

View Profile of TikiPhil Send a personal message to TikiPhil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 9:12 pm   Permalink

Tell the winner of the auction--otherwise the seller can just make up whatever for any auction without any consequences. Not right. I suppose it's possible that the seller really is naive about where it came from, but I have to wonder...

Now back to the fun...that Tiki Bird Feeder made me laugh so hard! Here's what you do: buy one. Get your guests liquored up at the Tiki Bar and then show them your new bird feeder. They will be buzzed and marvel at such Tiki magnificence...ha ha.

Wonder how long until they clearance it? I'd love to snap a photo of some birds drinking mai tais at that Tiki Bar! I have miniature mugs that I could adhere to the table top for them, but I'd hate to be accused of enabling birds to drink rum.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blackrose

Posted: 2006-04-19 9:57 pm   Permalink

Those of you interested in the Mai Tiki Bamboo Gazebo from Target, be careful because there is a serious design flaw.

Someone mentioned that those weren't really bamboo but were metal painted to look like bamboo. I can confirm those are metal poles.

We were shopping at Target and looking at this gazebo, my 3 year old daughter was sitting in the love seat that was part of the display and I bumped the cart while moving it out of the aisle into an Ottoman that was sticking out from under the gazebo and that bumped against the side of the gazebo, which caused the pole (one of the horizontal ones near the top) to fall out and onto my daughter's head. We filed an incident report. Apparently, there's nothing holding those poles in. Even the manager was surprised to see that there was nothing to hold the pole in.

So be careful if you have one of these, make sure that those poles are secured.

View Profile of blackrose Send a personal message to blackrose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisuz

Posted: 2006-04-22 08:02 am   Permalink

We assembled the gazebo the other weekend - and let me tell you, those poles are in there! Once everything is put together they are held firmly in place. I think that the in store assembly might have been a bit slap dash. Also, when it's in your yard, it's designed to be anchored to the ground/deck by bolts for added stability.

Thanks for the warning anyhow.

View Profile of tikisuz Send a personal message to tikisuz  Email tikisuz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 11:23 am   Permalink

tikisuz, I'm going to be buying one soon, and I was wondering, did you use a deck, the ground, or another foundation to put yours on?

I'm wondering if I'll need to lay down a cement foundation first, since I don't have a deck.

Thanks!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 2:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-10 18:35, TikiPhil wrote:
Unbelievable, that $40 Target tiki just went for $92 + $24 s/h. Should I contact the winning bidder and let them know that they got scammed. Or forget about it and let them think they got a great deal on a vintage Oceanic Arts original?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPhil 2006-04-10 20:49 ]

..the buyer cleverly left himself an out, if he/she is in fact lying...at no point does he directly admit the false info, just claims it was what HE was told......if you call him out on it, he will merely claim that "that is what he was told when he bought it at auction" and that he was only telling potential buyers what he was told....making it out to look like the seller himself was duped at auction by recieving false info.

buyer beware!! the number one rule of ebay is simply: "Know thy tiki history"!!! unfortunately, folks that are new to tiki may not yet be aware of the resources available to them or have not firmly familiarized themselves with tiki history before jumping on ebay and getting all starry-eyed over tiki stuff.......sucks, but we've all been there....once I overpayed dearly for a set of salt shakers that I found in a store the following week and realized it was not vintage but a new item.....DOHHHHH!!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisuz

Posted: 2006-04-24 9:01 pm   Permalink

Well, I have a concrete patio, so we sort of just have it on that until we figure out how to attach it to that. I am not sure that we will anchor it to anything, as it seems pretty solid. I have a very ungraceful large dog who has walked into it (similar, I think, to a 3 year old in pure destructive power)and it hasn't budged. You could just use the spikes to anchor it into the lawn/dirt - I would just coat the bottom of the bamboo parts (the 4 corner supports) with something to block moisture as they say that excess moisture will change the lovely color to a very non-tiki grey (eww).

It is very easy to put up and really does go together fast. You won't regret it. I have the tiki bar set up in it, just waiting for summer....or less rain.

View Profile of tikisuz Send a personal message to tikisuz  Email tikisuz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-08 5:23 pm   Permalink

So, I was at this HUGE warehouse sale this last weekend and what did I see? The same $49.99 resin Tiki from Target selling for $275.00--and it was cracked. I told the woman the info. and she said with a frown that she would match Target's price. I said no thanks. Some people!

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-08 6:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 09:49, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
The semi-hollow 36" tikis they had for sale at the
Target in Long Beach looked something like this

Does anyone like this tiki? I was in the garden section of my local Target and almost purchased it because of the relatively low price of $50.

However, after seeing Crazy Al on the cover of Tiki Magazine, I had second thoughts and hesitated.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 7:03 pm   Permalink

These have arrived in Texas. On sale this week for $40.00.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-29 8:52 pm   Permalink

These are on sale this week at Target for $39.99.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 3:07 pm   Permalink

I have to say, the black tiki at Target, which I found for $19.99, isn't that bad. I want to get another one and attach a piece of wood (painted black)to the tops of the tikis. Instant deck table. I'll love just about anything that is only $20.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 3:21 pm   Permalink

I saw a different tiki at Target than the ones shown on this thread. Might even be the black one just mentioned. It looked almost exactly like the ones being sold at Spencer Gifts last summer, but it was much much darker (possibly black) and much hard glossier. Which was a much better look than the Spencer Gift's Tiki.

I'm considering buying one of these cheapos to serve as my "granite tiki" at my home bar. I'll buy that spray can granite paint and won't be afraid of making an ugly mess because they're so cheap.

Unless anyone out there can fashion a real granite tiki for me for under $50.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SURFTIKI33
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-31 09:58 am   Permalink

PICKED UP TWO THIS PAST WEEKEND, $39.99 EACH + 20% OFF BECAUSE ONE HAD A TINY CHIP OUT OF IT. LOOKES ALOT BETTER OUT IN THE YARD THEN IN THE PICTURES..

View Profile of SURFTIKI33 Send a personal message to SURFTIKI33  Email SURFTIKI33 Goto the website of SURFTIKI33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation