FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki Statues at Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Statues at Target
island tiki

Posted: 2006-06-05 8:03 pm   Permalink

We are in the process of duplicating our hand carved tikis in a resin similar to Target's but more detailed carvings. In addition we are adding solar lights to some, and have natural wood looking and painted versions. They look so real it is hard to tell they are not wood. Does anyone have ideas for marketing these?...we're the small guys not Target! We currently have a website in the works, are booking shows (with hand carved and synthetic), and will use ebay. I was just wondering what the market would be for the synthetic ones. Target is $40-50, ours would be $60-$90 retail. Thanks!

View Profile of island tiki Send a personal message to island tiki  Email island tiki Goto the website of island tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 10:19 am   Permalink

Here's photos of all the tiki I found at my local Target.

The one on the right is indeed a cousin of the 2005 Spencer's Gifts tiki, but in black instead of brown.

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-13 02:31 am   Permalink

I liked the black Target Tiki and have him outside. Initially he had a green spotlight illuminating him but it went kaput so I just tried red earlier tonight. Here he is with the new color, then I worked a little photoshop magic on him. Now he's the mystical Ask-The-Red-Tiki-A-Question Guru.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Boyd
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-13 6:15 pm   Permalink

Speaking of ebay scams, here's another:
TARGET="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7760996191&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX

You can buy these at big lots for $29.99.

There's a special place in "H-E-Double Hockeysticks" for tiki scammers. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

View Profile of Bamboo Boyd Send a personal message to Bamboo Boyd  Email Bamboo Boyd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-13 8:23 pm   Permalink

Here's original red version of Target Tiki that I shot (you don't have to turn on the red liiiiiiight...but i did):

And then when he was green, outside in action. Target tiki looks ok in store, but better when in his tiki environment:

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-14 3:42 pm   Permalink

Finally saw all this stuff today. I was like a kid in a candy store! The gazebo looks REALLY nice, although the bamboo is prone to cracking, according to the garden shop guy at the store. I think I'm going to wait till they clearance them, and see if I can get it for cheaper. The bar is also quite cool, and is currently on sale for $199.00.

I thought the resin tikis were great! Unfortunately the price has gone up, and they are now $49.99 for the two tone brown ones and the taller black one. I think I'll see if they clearance those out too at the end of summer, as it's more than I can justify right now. Plus I need to move, and don't have a place to put them.

I can't wait to have my own place where I can set up a tiki bar, rather than keeping the majority of my collection in my cubicle at work.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-17 01:49 am   Permalink

bamboo boyd, I don't see how the ebay post u mentioned is a scam. The seller asks a high buy it now price, but if someone is willing to pay it then fine. I don't see her selling it with a BS story like the other listing that claimed the target tiki to be from an old tiki establishment. I can't get that tiki from my biglots, they didn't get the big one, so if I was willing to pay that much for a resin tiki....

Exoticat, Great pictures of your targettiki, I only found the brown one here so I purchased it. Do u mind if I do a pastelle of your red lite tiki photo??

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-18 1:06 pm   Permalink

Exoticat, Do u mind if I do a pastelle of your red lite tiki photo?? ----

Help yourself! You should let us see it when it's done!

Bamboo Boyd
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-20 5:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-17 01:49, Sneakytiki wrote:
bamboo boyd, I don't see how the ebay post u mentioned is a scam. The seller asks a high buy it now price, but if someone is willing to pay it then fine. I don't see her selling it with a BS story like the other listing that claimed the target tiki to be from an old tiki establishment. I can't get that tiki from my biglots, they didn't get the big one, so if I was willing to pay that much for a resin tiki....

Good point Sneaky. I just presumed that they were available at all of the big lots after talking to some friends in CA. My Bad.

View Profile of Bamboo Boyd Send a personal message to Bamboo Boyd  Email Bamboo Boyd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deeky

Posted: 2006-07-03 6:43 pm   Permalink

target here has marked them down on clearance. they have a couple dozen of them. if they mark them down further, i'm going to buy a pair and turn them into speakers for my patio.

[ This Message was edited by: Deeky 2006-07-13 13:59 ]

View Profile of Deeky Send a personal message to Deeky  Email Deeky Goto the website of Deeky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zombieki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-05 06:37 am   Permalink

I was at the the Target in Falls Church, Virginia yesterday and they had 6 Tiki's on sale. I picked up two for the Tiki porch I'm creating. Get them while you can!

View Profile of Zombieki Send a personal message to Zombieki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 8:11 pm   Permalink

They went full bore on them at our Target.
Target%20tikis.JPG" BORDER="0">
They are 30% off now. When they hit 50% we may get one.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deeky

Posted: 2006-07-13 1:58 pm   Permalink

they're down to half off now. i bought two today.

View Profile of Deeky Send a personal message to Deeky  Email Deeky Goto the website of Deeky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 11:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-06 20:11, Swanky wrote:
They went full bore on them at our Target.
Target%20tikis.JPG" BORDER="0">
They are 30% off now. When they hit 50% we may get one.

Why not buy them all and sell them on eBay....ooops, you might anger the gods!

Matty

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gooneybird
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-14 7:48 pm   Permalink

The tikis are down to $12.48 here (Nashville). I got two yesterday.

View Profile of gooneybird Send a personal message to gooneybird  Goto the website of gooneybird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation