FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki Statues at Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Statues at Target
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 08:01 am   Permalink

At $12.48, it's hard to say no. I do not particularly like these, but I had to get one of each. I took the black one and stuck it in a dark corner of the yard and partially covered it with vines and it looks good. You don't even notice it at first and then you can't see it well when you do. Works well there.

I wonder how they will do in freezing temps, and in direct sun at 100 degrees.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uberdude

Posted: 2006-07-18 5:59 pm   Permalink

I'm going to check out Target tomorrow and see if they're in my area. On a similar note, my friends Dad found this guy at Menards a year or two ago. I've looked everywhere and have been unable to find him or any information on where I can get one. Its about 2 feet high and a resign covered plastic. The thing I like about it is that it has a flower pot on top. Anyone know where I can get one (or three) thanks.

TARGET="_blank">

View Profile of uberdude Send a personal message to uberdude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2006-07-18 7:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-18 17:59, uberdude wrote:
I've looked everywhere and have been unable to find him or any information on where I can get one. Its about 2 feet high and a resign covered plastic. The thing I like about it is that it has a flower pot on top. Anyone know where I can get one (or three) thanks.

those look just like
TARGET="_blank">these at Fred Meyers stores in Washington State.. it's a Kroger Store..so maybe there's something similar in your area! they're in the garden section.. good luck!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 10:29 pm   Permalink

Well, they haven't gone on sale yet here in any of the Target's I've been in here in Tucson. I'm hoping for 75% off.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 05:31 am   Permalink

They're still in the $30 - $40 range up here!

I've got my fingures crossed.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 05:52 am   Permalink

Ms Swanky's Mom went to the store where she took the above photo with 50 of them in stock, and she said she could not find one... I need a brown one now!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-20 03:10 am   Permalink

Swanky wrote:
Quote:
I wonder how they will do in freezing temps, and in direct sun at 100 degrees

I bought a pair two weeks ago and had no choice but to leave them in the backseat of my car, outdoors, in the Midwest heat wave for nine days while I travelled in another vehicle. Even with the three-digit temps in a closed car, I checked them tonight and there is no damage. They're ceramic, you know, not resin as far as I can tell.

As to prolonged UV damage to the colors, who knows?

A cautionary note: open and inspect them when you buy them; about 1/4 of the sample I picked through already had slight damage while in the store. The black one is packed upside down and subject to edge-of-head damage if set down too hard.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-20 06:23 am   Permalink

None are in boxes here. I am more worried about direct sunlight on the black. There is not a hole in them, which means the air inside could expand and burst them.

SRQTIKI

Posted: 2006-07-20 06:29 am   Permalink

I have one of each here in Florida. I have had more of an issue with the black paint chipping off on the top due the frequent rainstorms. Not as bad with the brown.

I plan on touching them up with spray paint after the rain season.

View Profile of SRQTIKI Send a personal message to SRQTIKI  Email SRQTIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-20 08:23 am   Permalink

There *is* a hole in some of them, right in the center of the bottom. I had to look through about 16 boxed pieces; I noticed the holes in about 1/4 of them.

[ This Message was edited by: tikijackalope 2006-07-20 08:25 ]

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-21 01:40 am   Permalink

I figured I was too late to catch any of the clearance tikis but lo and behold I found some in Olympia, WA for 12.49 each! (Black only.) There's some slight chipping, but nothing a black sharpie can't fix. I wonder if using a sealant would help with the weather issues? I'm thinking they'll have to get packed up once we hit fall since I'm in a big rain region. Not today though and 90's projected for the next few days. :::sizzle::: I've been listening to friends complain about the heat recently and now we're gonna fry.... pass the water bottle...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-21 4:25 pm   Permalink

Still full price here in San Diego $29 - $39 - $49 each. I was thinking of cutting the top of the head out and make a planter out of them.

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-27 09:10 am   Permalink

They are still full price here in Jacksonville, FL. All varieties are still available.

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 10:03 am   Permalink

Help!

All they ever had in the Denver Targets were the brown Tikis with the little divits on them. If there is anyone out there who has an extra of any of the other kinds and would be willing to sell one, please let me know.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-28 2:50 pm   Permalink

none at the Clarksville TN Target either......the lady working there was quite unpleasant when asked about them too???

View Profile of drslingshot Send a personal message to drslingshot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation