FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki Statues at Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Statues at Target
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 8:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-13 20:23, Exoticat wrote:

I picked up two of these in Lubbock For $5 each. Yes, five bucks each. The draw back was that they have a fixable hole in the side and behind the heads. Any ideas on how to fix them that would be weather proof? I also plan on painting them to have more of a weathered wood look, instead of the rail-road tie tar color.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
caffeinated
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-30 9:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

The draw back was that they have a fixable hole in the side and behind the heads. Any ideas on how to fix them that would be weather proof?

2 part epoxy putty (available at hardware store) would work well if the holes are not too big or Bondo (car repair stuff) though that stuff smells pretty heinous. Either way you may need to glue some mesh into the hole for support.

View Profile of caffeinated Send a personal message to caffeinated      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 10:22 am   Permalink

Target is Tikiless!!!

My local Target in Maryland has moved out all the summer outdoor stock . No, more Tiki statues, bars
or pavilions, Can anyone guess what direction they might go in next Spring @ Target for a possible Tiki encore???

Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-01 5:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-30 21:54, caffeinated wrote:
2 part epoxy putty (available at hardware store) would work well if the holes are not too big or Bondo (car repair stuff) though that stuff smells pretty heinous. Either way you may need to glue some mesh into the hole for support.

Great Mohallo!

One last question though, how would I get the new mesh in with out busting a hole in the bottom?

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FroggieTiki

Posted: 2006-08-01 9:07 pm   Permalink

I picked up the last resin tiki at the local Target for $8. Add a $4 can of plasti-kote stone spray paint (fiesta red) and this is what you get:

tiki/TargetBA.jpg" BORDER="0">

tiki/TargetBAcu.jpg" BORDER="0"> tiki/TargetTikiPaint.jpg" BORDER="0">

It still needs to be sealed, but for $12 I'm pretty happy with the results! I may try a natural stone color on the cheesy blue plastic flaming tiki I picked up at Big Lots and see how it turns out.

View Profile of FroggieTiki Send a personal message to FroggieTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-02 07:37 am   Permalink

When I went back to my Target to see if the tikis were marked down, I saw a single moai in the bunch. The clerk couldn't tell me the price. It's textured resin and is gray.
I'm dying for my Target to mark them down! They are still full price.

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
caffeinated
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-02 09:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

One last question though, how would I get the new mesh in with out busting a hole in the bottom?

If the hole is about an inch or so, the epoxy putty should be fine without the extra support. Just flatten out a fairly thin sheet of the putty & after pressing onto the surface, you can smooth down the edges with water. There are all kinds of putties though, so consistancy will vary. A quick set type will dry pretty hard & can be sanded down to shape.

If you need the mesh use a piece of window screen that will form back into shape easily & is somewhat stiff. Cut out your sized piece & tie a string through the center. Poke the piece through the hole & after spreading glue onto the inside walls of the hole, pull the string to bring the mesh flush with the inside wall. Use a good fast set glue & cut away the string when dry. All this may be too much work to put into a $5 dollar investment though!

View Profile of caffeinated Send a personal message to caffeinated      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 7:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks Caffinated!

You know I don't know why I didn't think of the string on the screen idea before. That will save me alot oftime i nthe future on other projects. Mohallo!

tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-02 7:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 07:37, Chacha wrote:
When I went back to my Target to see if the tikis were marked down, I saw a single moai in the bunch. The clerk couldn't tell me the price. It's textured resin and is gray.
I'm dying for my Target to mark them down! They are still full price.

I had my eye on the big 5' bamboo fountain at Target, but it wasn't getting marked down even though all the other summer stuff was. I kept going back to check on them (a pain since the closest Target is in the next state) and all of a sudden half of them (the unopened ones in boxes) were gone! I asked an employee (definitely NOT a manager) if he could tell me when it might get marked down and he scanned it and said he couldn't tell and that it might be awhile. Then he asked me if I was interested in buying one and I said "Yes," and he said, "well I can take 30 % off if you'd like it." !!

So I packed one in my cart and then realized that it would have to go in the back of my truck and would get all chipped and banged up. Then he said there were a bunch that were in boxes out back and I could have one of them instead of the floor model. SOOOOO...... what I learned is that #1. employees must be authorized to give a discount and #2. they may have what you're looking for packed away somewhere "out back."

Tikicat67

View Profile of tikicat67 Send a personal message to tikicat67  Email tikicat67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 2:51 pm   Permalink

First time today to check out Youtube and its the best new site that I have seen
This guy really love his tiki (I believe from Target)

TARGET="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=WOeoHIbCsmk

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chic-E-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-21 11:59 pm   Permalink

I don't know guys, I think I have them beat.
TIKI" target="_blank">http://stores.ebay.com/CHIC-E-TIKI

View Profile of Chic-E-Tiki Send a personal message to Chic-E-Tiki  Email Chic-E-Tiki Goto the website of Chic-E-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chic-E-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-30 11:06 pm   Permalink

It has been confirmed...................
tiki.com/" target="_blank">http://www.chic-e-tiki.com/

View Profile of Chic-E-Tiki Send a personal message to Chic-E-Tiki  Email Chic-E-Tiki Goto the website of Chic-E-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-05 10:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 09:49, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
The semi-hollow 36" tikis they had for sale at the
Target in Long Beach looked something like this

There is another version in lava black. Both are $10.00, down from $approx $50.

At the Target in LA on LaCienega & Rodeo, there are approx 6 left.

It is down the street from Uncle Moki's Hawaiian shrimp.
target="_blank">http://eatingla.blogspot.com/2006/03/taste-test-uncle-mokis-original.html

The owner used to be a part-owner of Giovanni's on the North Shore.

Most importantly, drop me a line if you go as I live only blocks away, so you can come on over.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-09 4:24 pm   Permalink

New stuff at Target! I was there today checking out the garden section and there they were, new tikis for 07. One style is solar powered. Looks like the eyes light up. They have one called "long hair tiki". Can you guess which style he is? And some tea light style as well.

I am sorry I can't get the pic out of the phone yet. Anyone need to go shopping this week and take pics of plastic Chinese tikis?

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 2:04 pm   Permalink

Saw those at my Target here in Trinity. Didn't someone here come up with the solar powered tiki idea?

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation